Sponsored

Anybody else wish the 2015 were a lot smaller?

scottpe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 GT 6MT w/ Brembos
Which slightly annoys me, because the bumper is, I believe, plastic... and that means there's no place for me to stick my giant NY Yankees logo magnet I normally slap on the back of my cars.

Yeah, I know, #firstworldproblems.
Rear window sticker maybe??
Sponsored

Free Agent

2015 GT Premium
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Prem.
Which slightly annoys me, because the bumper is, I believe, plastic... and that means there's no place for me to stick my giant NY Yankees logo magnet I normally slap on the back of my cars.

I know where you can stick the Yankees magnet…… :shocked:

Just kidding, just kidding. All in good fun.

yanks1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2008 GT/Calif Special Vert
for me being just a 2nd car I'd love if it was in the 180" range. My current 2008 is as long as my Accord Coupe. Little smaller would obviously reduce weight and also improve handling a bit. But regardless I still like it, but only wish if I was King for a day

JimmyTwoTimes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Rear window sticker maybe??
I'm already probably going with a front window sticker...

A friend of mine used to have a 2005 Mustang GT that was entirely pinstriped in in Yankee blue and white, with a Yankee logo painted on the hood, and yeah, it was incredibly tacky, but I absolutely loved driving around in that thing.

yanks1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2008 GT/Calif Special Vert

Hey Jimmy... NY Yankee Tom here. I have my Yanks magnet on the black magnetic panel I installed between the tail-lights. If the 2015 rear is all plastic, may have to revert to rear window I guess. Also have an NY sticker logo in front that covers the ezpass widget on windshield.. looks awesome

Sponsored

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
As it stands, the C7 Corvette and S550 Mustang are almost the same size. As a rule of thumb, I don't want a Mustag smaller than a Corvette.

The wheelbase between the two are almost identical. 106.7 vs. 107.1...

Both the S550 and C7 have optimal track:wheelbase ratio as is.

It can eventually eliminate some of the front and rear over hangs. The roof and ride are low enough, I wouldn't feel comfortable any lower for a volume car. I feel that maybe some nip and tuck here and there is about all you could do to the S550.

I do agree that wheelbases have gotten larger on average. From 105 to 108 is mid-size. 109 and up is full size, under 104 is compact or sport.

DHG1078

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Mustang Bullitt, 1985 Mustang Hatch
I would like Ford to make a BRZ killer type car. Something short (in length and height), rwd, but with better interior than subaru provides and more hp so it can actually accelerate faster than a 1999 v6 mustang. I would probably buy one of those for a serious track car when I had the funds for a new car. I hear the Focus ST is great, but FWD does not appeal to me.

Edit: this would be in addition to the mustang. The mustang is a great size. It can be used for families of four (even on trips), its big enough to be sorta roomy and comfortable, but not too big where it's detrimental to performance, and its safe. If you want a smaller mustang, you have to sacrifice lots of interior and trunk space, or all of its safety and at that point it wouldn't pass government standards I bet.

Barrel

Hoonigan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cars and Trucks
That's some serious M235 Kool-Aid.

I sat in the back of one, I'm 6'2". There's no way in the world I would sit back there around the block, let alone for an extended trip. My 2011 GT was no better, granted, but let's not kid ourselves about how much more glorious the (much more expensive) bimmer is.

Potrillo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB GT Premium
I've sat in the 2015. It is a very nice car. It could have been smaller/lighter though. I may skip this Gen sad to say. :(
You will have to skip two generations if you count the refresh that will occur in 4 to 5 years.

I too wish the car were more in line with the size of the 99 I used to have. That was a great sized vehicle. Unfortunately the trend has been for larger cars with more non-driving related content and that doesn't seem to be stopping anytime soon. That's too bad, a smaller car would have helped with CAFE rating as well.

I really wish there were a small, RWD sporty car from a US manufacturer. Unfortunately, only the Germans make such machines.

tbonez3858

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bat mobile

I sat in the back of one, I'm 6'2". There's no way in the world I would sit back there around the block, let alone for an extended trip. My 2011 GT was no better, granted, but let's not kid ourselves about how much more glorious the (much more expensive) bimmer is.
LOL...The bimmer is glorious...You are right and its definitely not 10k more glorious. I personally think they are selling crack with the price tag. If it was 45k decked out and ready to walk out it would be a different story. I honestly prefer the interior of the Mustang over the 235 but Im probably in the minority on that issue. In an apples to apples comparison (which I dont even know if that can be made with a straight face) the "wise" money goes to the Mustang.

Lets not diminish the 235i, however. Randy Pobst said it was the best BMW he had driven in 10 years. If memory serves me he said it was a blast to drive. So if there is kool-aid to be sipped on then thats pretty much straight from the horses mouth. He preferred it over the CLA45 AMG which is another bad ride that you really cant find for less than 60k. The M series will be a different ball game but if you like performance there are very few negative things to be said about a 235...

Sponsored

KP6Five

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
KP
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT 5.0L Race Red
Is this seriously a thread or am I hallucinating? SMH... Smaller? Really Man? :headbonk:

tbonez3858

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bat mobile
Is this seriously a thread or am I hallucinating? SMH... Smaller? Really Man? :headbonk:
Watch...GM is going to swoop in, do what Toyota/Sub should have done with the BRZ and that market is going to explode...The smaller twin turb V4/V6 market is the future. Its a future I dont necessarily want to be forced into but thats where we are headed. Regretfully the writing is on the wall and Im doing my best to warm up to it. With that said I do like a huckable/hoonable car and could use a few inches off of the current Mustang.

JimmyTwoTimes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium

I wouldn't say the M235 is much more expensive than the Mustang GT.

An M235i loaded up with most of the creature comforts you'd want will MSRP at just over $50K, and will sell for a lot less than that -- USAA's car buying service tells me it can get me a loaded M235i for about $44K.

Seeing as how I just signed on to pay $42,305 for my mostly loaded 2015 Mustang GT, the two cars are basically comparable in price.

tbonez3858

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bat mobile
I wouldn't say the M235 is much more expensive than the Mustang GT.

An M235i loaded up with most of the creature comforts you'd want will MSRP at just over $50K, and will sell for a lot less than that -- USAA's car buying service tells me it can get me a loaded M235i for about $44K.

Seeing as how I just signed on to pay $42,305 for my mostly loaded 2015 Mustang GT, the two cars are basically comparable in price.

I didnt know they were offering that deep of discounts through buyers services on the 235i...

oldlugs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 Bullitt & '09 KR
Size and weight of the original Mustangs would be ideal - in future Mustangs. Remember that those original Mustangs, too, got larger and heavier as new model years came. The US market wanted a larger, bigger engine cruiser. That changed drastically around '73, when oil prices went crazy. I think we should be aware of this, and enjoying the Mustangs available right now. They're an awesome GT car, and excellent "cheap speed" with great sounding V8s. I think that as emissions and mpg requirement regulations tighten further (and they will), new Mustangs are likely to again become smaller and lighter. And, as has been predicted for many years now, the common V8 may finally be nearing the end. We'll be seeing more small, lightweight "ecoboost" type engines available in performance models (not that it's a bad thing).
The V8 is just too big and heavy. Enjoy what's here and now, folks. :)
Sponsored