Sponsored

Anybody considering adding a BMW M2 to the stable?

bmailpb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
I also do not like the rear quarter design. But each to their own. If I, I mean WE, get another car, the wife likes the CLA Mercedes; also has to be auto, since she can't drive a stick.
M2 available with DCT.

The CLA is a POS. Seriously. Just terrible. The car feels cheap, has bad dynamics. I have driven them a few times and hated it every time. (Both 250 and 45AMG)
Sponsored

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
I was thinking of skipping the Shelby altogether and go that route since these dealers around me all want $20k over MSRP. :(
Fly out of state to get your GT350 and drive it hope or ship it back. I had to do that with my '15GTPP. I ordered the day the order banks open in May 2014 as everyone in Atlanta wanted 5k+ over. I bought in PA with x-plan pricing and paid about $125 for a one way plane ticket and drove home 970 miles over 2 days :)

chrsschb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 WRX
It's a nice ride but if I get something other than a 350 it's going to be a 997.2 GTS or 981 Boxter GTS/Spyder. Next vehicle being added to my stable is a truck though for sure.

GRTWHT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 SHELBY GT350
M2 available with DCT.

The CLA is a POS. Seriously. Just terrible. The car feels cheap, has bad dynamics. I have driven them a few times and hated it every time. (Both 250 and 45AMG)
I hear you. I am not too excited about it but she is. There are a lot of cars out there, and I am in no hurry.

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
I also do not like the rear quarter design. But each to their own. If I, I mean WE, get another car, the wife likes the CLA Mercedes; also has to be auto, since she can't drive a stick.
Skip that... I'd go all out for this if I got back into AMG again. :D

C63 S:

But this one is even more of a beast... quite pricey too. And some of you guys thought the R splitter was a curb damage waiting to happen. :eyebulge:

M4 GTS:

Sponsored

xt6wagon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 base triple yellow
Please spend the little bit extra to get a proper C series. The CLA interior wouldn't look out of place on a $20K economy car, and its FWD anyway. Got to see that interior in Tan to appreciate how little effort and money was put into it. The black hides many bad design and material choices.

Donkey

Large member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R

C63 S:

But this one is even more of a beast... quite pricey too. And some of you guys thought the R splitter was a curb damage waiting to happen. :eyebulge:

M4 GTS:
The m4 gts is 134k.. yeah, no thanks lol

FTD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R
Cool car but it doesn't quite do it for me.

I heard that the M2's were just as hard to get as the Shelbys. Same sort of ADMs, especially in my area.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe

C63 S:

M4 GTS:
GTS looks great. Just too much $ - and I wonder how available it would be.

FPCV8YO

Rode Hard & Put Away Wet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 350Z GT Roadster

C63 S:

M4 GTS:
An M2 GTS could draw my interest.

Sponsored

inferno

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
I am looking into adding another Porsche (997.2 PDK) to compliment the Shelby GT350 Track Pack and 997S 6 speed I already own - especially with prices in the mid 40's for nice examples I think the 997 is one of the best used car buys on the market.

I will say the new M2 does looks like a nice departure from the current BMW lineup and more rooted in traditional M racing cars - reminds me of the 1M coupe series which is one of my favorite BMW's made.

Priced at 50k - might have to consider it. Thoughts?

http://www.forbes.com/sites/markewi...and-board-member-klaus-frohlich/#7ef75377a1c4
cool, what years of 911 are you talking about?

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
A fair or low mileage 997.2 S at 40k'ish would be a killer deal. I think many dealers are still selling 997.1's at that price range. Basically a clean 997.2 under 50k is a good buy right now especiwlly if a m/t.

xt6wagon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 base triple yellow
A fair or low mileage 997.2 S at 40k'ish would be a killer deal. I think many dealers are still selling 997.1's at that price range. Basically a clean 997.2 under 50k is a good buy right now especiwlly if a m/t.
I was looking at a 2009+ Cayman S, but those are rare and expensive up here. $50K wouldn't even touch a 911 worth owning around here. Maybe with care you could find a 996 worth the money, but even then expect to pay quite a bit. Made the GT350 look like quite a deal.

Trackaholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 350Z, 2016 GT350, 2018 Pacifica Hybrid
I think the GT350 would be sufficient for me as the "high-HP track car".

If I end up taking the kids around in the GT350 all the time, and if the wife is OK using it as a backup vehicle, then I might get rid of the GTI and go for a Miata. Basically get the complete opposite from the GT350 - a very small, nimble, convertible that get's great mileage and would still be a fun commuter car.

A Cayman or Boxster would be nice, but I think the Miata would be a better contrast.

The M2 looks to be a great car, but just doesn't interest me much.

-T