Sponsored

Any regrets going FI?

fiveoboy01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 LB GT 400A
No regrets other than my rear tire tread seems to be diminshing and a little caution is in order if you whack the throttle in any of the first 3 gears.

If I drive it easy, I can't even tell it's boosted. Runs and idles like a stocker until I put my foot on it.
Sponsored

SilverTT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Cobra Vert
It depends on how far you take the car. If you keep boost low and run pump gas it is perfectly steerable. If you have easy access to E85 you can turn the boost up and still be steerable. You will have more power on tap than you need and you have to be careful about going wide open at lower speeds. My car puts down over 800 to the tires and I would jump in it and drive it to California if needed. I drove 30 miles raced it at the track and drove it home. My best time to date is 9.38 at 148. If your car were a stick you might regret it due to broken parts but with the auto you are good to go.
Think I read that you used to have a Whipple before going twin turbo. If I am not doing any highway racing and really just want something that provides instant power, great sound, and a perfectly streetable 700whp what would you recommend?

I had a 2.3L Whipple on my 04 Cobra and absolutely loved it. One of my biggest concerns with the turbo is the loss of exhaust sound as I really love the way these cars sound with a blower and headers. This would be on a 2019 (at this point possibly 2020) PP 10spd car.

PTM5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT PP A10
No regrets and I'd drive it cross country in a heartbeat. A really great shop (HPJ Performance) did my build and I couldn't be happier. A major reason I chose the Whipple kit over twin turbo is the minimal amount of maintenance.

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
No regrets and I'd drive it cross country in a heartbeat. A really great shop (HPJ Performance) did my build and I couldn't be happier. A major reason I chose the Whipple kit over twin turbo is the minimal amount of maintenance.
All the TT guys gonna say no maintenance required. LOL
Sponsored