Any heavier drivers out there?

ScottsGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, DIB
I posted this is the tall thread about seating postition. But any other fellow fat asses have trouble getting comfortable? Not all that uncommon for a stay puff such as myself but I wish these seats sat lower. Might swap out my power seats for manuals that sit lower.
Not a bit uncomfortable! I feel as cozy in my drivers seat as I do in my over sized La-Z-Boy leather recliner. As a matter of fact, I'm glad I have a manual trans to keep me "active and awake" or I swear, I would have fallen asleep a few times on the way home already.
Sponsored

GDP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Base Deep Impact
Not a bit uncomfortable! I feel as cozy in my drivers seat as I do in my over sized La-Z-Boy leather recliner. As a matter of fact, I'm glad I have a manual trans to keep me "active and awake" or I swear, I would have fallen asleep a few times on the way home already.
Guess im just fatter then.

JasonBecker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, Black, MT
I've had my Mustang for about 7 months now and just passed 6,000 miles and this just started happening to me too. It's driving me insane. Every time I move my leg to press the clutch it makes a sound like when you move around on a deep leather couch. Has anyone found a solution to this yet?

ScottsGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, DIB
I've had my Mustang for about 7 months now and just passed 6,000 miles and this just started happening to me too. It's driving me insane. Every time I move my leg to press the clutch it makes a sound like when you move around on a deep leather couch. Has anyone found a solution to this yet?
Stay out of the Mexican restaurant and quit blaming the leather for the noise? :lol:

Sponsored

x_man586

Thank you Diatoms
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White Mustang GT m6
I don't know if it is the age or mileage. I have 6700 miles but haven't had the car as long. No squeaks yet.

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
Im a semi-pro registered fat ass. Tipping the scales a few biscuits shy of 350 and a whopping 5'11".
Not one sound out of my seats. Of course I probably can't hear them moaning and groaning with all my fat smothering them.
Best post ever

tsunami

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium EcoBoost Convertible
Not my cousin!

I don't care what anyone says...my cousin is NOT going to be allowed to ride in my 2015 vert (even if she could fit)! 390 pounds! She literally broke my uncles' Ford Focus passenger seat rails when she dropped her butt into his new car last year. I never did find out if crushing a seat is covered by Ford Warranty.

CB

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT, Black, PP
I might have to look in to a lemon law -- not really because I want to be rid of the car, but because I want Ford to step up and fix all the gorram issues. I mean, seriously, this is a little embarrassing.

"Hey man, where's the Stang?"
"It's in the shop."
"AGAIN?"

I'm tired of having that conversation, but even more so I'm tired of buzzes and rattles and squeaks and loose pieces (e.g. the stripped-out e-brake mechanism). 3,800 miles!
Tell em you loaned it to a stripper.

Glex25

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
6'2" 315 lbs

The seat does move a little when I get in and sometimes I hit my head on the pillar when trying to get out but no squeaks

Sponsored

CB

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT, Black, PP
The problem here is I can see my right side hood light sitting in my car. Which means if I ever wanted to race track this beast, I would have to wear a helmet. And the only way I'm gonna fit in this car is to slouch way down or cut a hole in the roof.

JasonBecker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, Black, MT
I may have found a solution to my particular problem. I was getting that leather noise whenever I pressed down on the clutch, (see the video for an example of the noise) [ame]

As my left leg reaches out to press the clutch the leatherette (or whatever they call that material) gets pushed down and it must be rubbing against something. In any case, I applied a fair amount of leather conditioner to it and the noise is practically gone. I don't know if it's coincidence or that's actually solving the problem, but I'm going to keep trying to condition the leather for a while to see if it gets rid of the problem completely.

For the record I used Meguiar's Gold Class Rich Leather Cleaner and Conditioner. I don't know if it's better or worse than any other product, but that's the one I used.

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Sorry, but what dufuq is with dealer service depts? Ford must make it a pain to get warranty work done. I know I just took my car in to have the door panel fixed/replaced because it had a piece of the leather coming off and they have to get "approval"? Really? You need approval to fix an obvious issue? Un-freakin'-believable. No wonder dealers don't bother - all the man power it takes to manager "approvals". Ford... stop it.

Beef

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 S550 GT
Just had my car in for the 10k service... told them about the seat and of course they said that they couldnt replicate the issue.....

15RaceRedGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP Premium Race Red
I weigh just over 200lbs and I have this problem. It happens when I press the clutch in and thought there is a fair amount of pressure on the seatback when you do this. I'll bet it is more prevalent with a manual vs auto trans for that reason. I'll check the leather but mine sounds like it is in the seatback -- I remember another thread where someone found it was the lumbar mechanism in the seatback.
Sponsored