Sponsored

Any GT350 owners contemplating the '17 Raptor?

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
So if I was to by a Raptor, do I have to buy a "off road" package in order for it to drive more than 10 mins off road?

ARS1

GT350 Member H2678
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Shadow BLK/Blue Ordered 8/25
If they are or aren't they're not going to completely put it out there until the '17 V6 has been out for a bit. If they came out tomorrow and said yes it's happening in '18 the '17s wouldn't sell as good since most current owners would just wait. Honestly they probably walk around with a chubby all day just knowing how much the Raptor community wants it. Right now it's like a UFO...

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
Here's an ecoboost 5.0 from Ford. The R&D has already been done. The question is how long before it finds it's way into the Raptor. There's too much on the table for them not to. We know it will probably be in the GT500.

coyote1-660x400.jpg
Dude forget it. Ford is not putting that in the raptor. It'll go into the cobra jet. Not a truck. :frusty::headbonk::crazy:

Sponsored

Superdog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stan
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Black on Black

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
The F150 raptor is not going to be Fords choice of that motor. They just built a brand new Raptor with a bad ass 3.5 Ecoboost. Do you honestly believe they will also offer a V8 as an option? Seriously? I laugh as you for thinking that. They are not going to offer two engine options in a raptor nor will the ditch the 3.5 for any V8. You're delusional if you think that.
Lay off the bath salts.

http://www.ford-trucks.com/articles/ford-bringing-back-6-2l-v8-2017-raptor/

Superdog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stan
Vehicle(s)
The F150 raptor is not going to be Fords choice of that motor. They just built a brand new Raptor with a bad ass 3.5 Ecoboost. Do you honestly believe they will also offer a V8 as an option? Seriously? I laugh as you for thinking that. They are not going to offer two engine options in a raptor nor will the ditch the 3.5 for any V8. You're delusional if you think that.
Lay off the bath salts.
Lol, what I think is funny, is I don't even care. It's all speculation, and I'm not interested in a Raptor in any way, shape or form.

Ironically, I already own a 15 Raptor, but it's the company car of my lead sales guy.

I just picked up my DD this past week and I could not be happier with the existing engine. Nothing but joy with my 2016 Platinum F150.

I just think you and your posts are a riot. I do appreciate the laughs. Happy Sunday!! :cheers:

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Lol, what I think is funny, is I don't even care. It's all speculation, and I'm not interested in a Raptor in any way, shape or form.

Ironically, I already own a 15 Raptor, but it's the company car of my lead sales guy.

I just picked up my DD this past week and I could not be happier with the existing engine. Nothing but joy with my 2016 Platinum F150.

I just think you and your posts are a riot. I do appreciate the laughs. Happy Sunday!! :cheers:
Having a truck to market that already has a 3.5 ecoboost is not a speculation. But some of these people on here believe everything they read. Did you read on yahoo news where it says that tomorrow the suns not going to rise?

ARS1

GT350 Member H2678
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Shadow BLK/Blue Ordered 8/25
LMAO I remember seeing that when it came out and it took quite some time before a lot of people got it. Honestly I'll probably never buy another Raptor V6 V8 V20 whatever it is. After owning my 2016 F250 Diesel other than a toy I have no use for a gasser. Look up OUO suspensions I could put that under my SD and jump it all day long. BUT being in flat Florida it's a waste of money. So my diesel on a 10" Fabtech coil over lift on 40"s will suite me better than my Raptor ever did. I do like feeding into the V6 vs V8 wars though! I know it's going to be an awesome machine either way. I will be getting a hauler for the Vette and GT350 so a diesel is the only way to go from here on.

Sponsored

Steve68

Mr. Robot
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt, 2018 Jeep JLUR, 2020 F-150
So if I was to by a Raptor, do I have to buy a "off road" package in order for it to drive more than 10 mins off road?
The answer is almost certainly "yes". But it really depends on your definition of "off road." If "off road" means driving on mostly smooth fire roads or other common dirt roads, or just slowly making your way through a desert wash, then probably not. If "off road" means screaming down washes and over woops, jumping etc. then yeah. Ford's marketing tag line "baja ready" on the first gen was BS. I broke my stock '13 very quickly in the deserts of SoCal. There were people that replaced the shocks with Fox 3.0 coilovers, 3 link suspensions etc. etc. only to reveal the next weakest part in the truck, which is common. The Raptor isn't a trophy truck and no matter how many parts you bolt or weld on to it, it never will be.

Last edited:

Superdog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stan
Vehicle(s)
Having a truck to market that already has a 3.5 ecoboost is not a speculation. But some of these people on here believe everything they read. Did you read on yahoo news where it says that tomorrow the suns not going to rise?
That's another terrible example.

So listen, I'm new around here. And I like it here. I don't want any problems.

Clearly, you've been around for a bit. But either you are not paying attention, or you are just not that sharp.

So thanks for the stimulating dialogue, but I'm through with this one.

Cheers.

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
That's another terrible example.

So listen, I'm new around here. And I like it here. I don't want any problems.

Clearly, you've been around for a bit. But either you are not paying attention, or you are just not that sharp.

So thanks for the stimulating dialogue, but I'm through with this one.

Cheers.
I don't understand you and thanks for the insult.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Lay off the bath salts.

http://www.ford-trucks.com/articles/ford-bringing-back-6-2l-v8-2017-raptor/
I wouldn't be surprised if Ford listened to its customers and changed what they were planning to build.

http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-cul...front-wheel-drive-probe-was-almost-a-mustang/

I'm not sure why you have to be so aggressively negative when someone just posts a thought. Chill a little.

Blaze489

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 SHELBY GT350 Magnetic Track Pack
Just submitted the order. 801A but was able to add bits like the 4.1 TFD for $500.
Came out to 57,253
Will probably order the graphics set once it becomes available to see.

[MENTION=22202]machsmith[/MENTION] do you know the price of the other little bits? This is what I was thinking

SuperCREW
Lightning Blue
Mid 801A
55G
55R
61T
64D
47E
17B
59S
54R
43V