Sponsored

Any GT350 owners contemplating the '17 Raptor?

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Anyone getting theirs this week? Heard that some showed at dealers today after that retrofit debacle?
Mine is scheduled for first week in january. Dealer told me I can pay for it last week in December for tax purposes if I wanted. Said they will appraise my trade and let me keep driving it. I don't care if it shows until April now! ;)
Sponsored

Rated R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco FE
Ordered mine back in July. Finally got a build date of Jan 16th. In hindsight, given all the problems with the launch of this truck I don't have a problem waiting. Hopefully everything will be rolling at the factory and all of the issues will have been taken car by the time mine gets built.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Congratulations! Me too, ordered mid July. Hopefully they still aren't doing a retrofit on the ones being built now.
Wondering what it was they had to revise. Seems like it's hush hush from ford.

ARS1

GT350 Member H2678
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Shadow BLK/Blue Ordered 8/25
My dealer has a Shadow Black one coming in soon with quite a few options MSRP $66,090.00 That would look good next to my GT350... I agreed to go drive it and I have the window sticker but not sure I'll get over that motor. We shall see though :shrug:

Rated R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco FE
Congratulations! Me too, ordered mid July. Hopefully they still aren't doing a retrofit on the ones being built now.
Wondering what it was they had to revise. Seems like it's hush hush from ford.
From what I understand it was the 10 speed transmission. Don't know what the problem was but it was programming related.

Sponsored

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Thanks Randy, looking forward to the truck. Gonna be my daily and I'm thinking if I'm light on the gas I'll be getting around 18 mpg as I drive mostly highway miles to my shop and deliveries.

Superdog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stan
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Black on Black
Fwiw, I'm selling a 14 with 63,000 miles. Very clean. Clean title. Beautiful ride. Black on black. Last of the V8's raptors.

bobmclean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
The driver of the GT 350 missed every apex on every corner....I just could not watch the whole video :doh:

fuhrius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R, Focus RS, Raptor
The driver of the GT 350 missed every apex on every corner....I just could not watch the whole video :doh:
great post for a different thread. or is that why you're on this thread...you couldn't watch ;-)

ARS1

GT350 Member H2678
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fwiw, I'm selling a 14 with 63,000 miles. Very clean. Clean title. Beautiful ride. Black on black. Last of the V8's raptors.
What's your asking price? I also have a '14 But Ruby Red extremely clean 9200 miles and I know the dealer will low ball the hell out of it if I trade it in... Private sale is the way to go with these trucks. They generally sell pretty quick over on the Raptor forum if your not already on there :cheers:

Sponsored

ARS1

GT350 Member H2678
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
From what I understand it was the 10 speed transmission. Don't know what the problem was but it was programming related.
I'm willing to bet there's going to be some pretty interesting recalls that surface not long after they start hitting the dealer lots. A basically new ecoboost that's being pushed to make it seem worthy of this platform mated with that tranny :shrug: We shall see I guess. We bought a '16 3.5 ecoturd platinum 4x4 and even in sport mode it's completely gutless. I'm going to test drive it but not holding my breath that it will impress me but I actually hope it proves me wrong :cheers:

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
I'm willing to bet there's going to be some pretty interesting recalls that surface not long after they start hitting the dealer lots. A basically new ecoboost that's being pushed to make it seem worthy of this platform mated with that tranny :shrug: We shall see I guess. We bought a '16 3.5 ecoturd platinum 4x4 and even in sport mode it's completely gutless. I'm going to test drive it but not holding my breath that it will impress me but I actually hope it proves me wrong :cheers:
There was a torque graph shown for the Ecoboost and it was impressive at how low the torque came on. It's not going to be gutless. Sure, you have to put your foot into it but It's fairly quick for a big heavy truck. Under 6 second 0-60, some say 5.5! The 3.5 is a stout motor, I think it will be fine. Hopefully the tranny, among other things holds up.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
$68k - pretty loaded.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I'm surprised people pay that much for a pickup. I guess I'm showing my age, but they used to always be cheaper than cars. I don't see what there is about this vehicle that makes it worth so much. It's not quick or fast, most owners will probably not go off road because they don't want to scratch it. I think it looks cool, though. Even if I had the cash laying around I think I would spend it on something else.
Sponsored