Sponsored

Any Differences between a 18' and a 23' GT Convertible?

OP
OP
Stangalang

Stangalang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' GT Altas Blue
Update: Went to the dealership and took my checks back. I found blemishes on the quarterpanel as if it was replaced and half-assed. Did not show an accident on the car-fax. So I was sketched out buy the dealership. I called Ford on Monday and file a complaint with what I experienced. Being that the GT is not a cheap ride, I knew I can find something better, or different.

I have a 22' GT Altas Blue being transferred from another city over to me. I have a hold on it. Looking at it tonight and hoping to get the purchase agreement. 401a package, full LCD instrument cluster, doesn't have active-valve exhaust but not a deal breaker. 1 Owner, 6k miles.

Extremely disappointed by the "sale" from that dealership that I won't name in NY.
Sponsored

Hoofer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Boz
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Vert, PP1, MagneRide, ActiveExhaust, B&O
Update: Went to the dealership and took my checks back. I found blemishes on the quarterpanel as if it was replaced and half-assed. Did not show an accident on the car-fax. So I was sketched out buy the dealership. I called Ford on Monday and file a complaint with what I experienced. Being that the GT is not a cheap ride, I knew I can find something better, or different.

I have a 22' GT Altas Blue being transferred from another city over to me. I have a hold on it. Looking at it tonight and hoping to get the purchase agreement. 401a package, full LCD instrument cluster, doesn't have active-valve exhaust but not a deal breaker. 1 Owner, 6k miles.

Extremely disappointed by the "sale" from that dealership that I won't name in NY.
As for your observation of blemishes on the quarter panel...

Keep in mind that "stuff happens" during the manufacturing, assembly, and transportation of any vehicle before it hits the showroom.

Jaymar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaymar
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT/CS - Rapid Red
And, keep in mind what the car is. The aluminum body gets pits and chips just existing. Ford hasn't really mastered the paint on them to the point of other steel cats. Also, still a cheap mass produced car so you can't expect 911 like paint quality. Like ok close at a few other cats on the lot and you'll see.

Torched10

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt premium convertible. 2017 caddy xts vsport twin turbo.2011 caddy ext

I think 401a includes exhaust
Maybe it only has 400optinbwhich doesn't

Sponsored

OP
OP
Stangalang

Stangalang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' GT Altas Blue
I check my window stcker and your roght.it was a 895 buck option.we ll worth it
This is the options on this one:
1706055334187.png

The valve exhaust is extremely nice. I'm mind blown.

Torched10

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
This is the options on this one:
1706055334187.png

The valve exhaust is extremely nice. I'm mind blown.
Great so it has activr exhaust
My favorite option
Congrats
Price bounced up alot since my 2019 but its worth it.have fun
I drive around in sport mode and exhaust in track.really cool when you take off. also if your using paddle and downshifting

OP
OP
Stangalang

Stangalang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' GT Altas Blue
Great so it has activr exhaust
My favorite option
Congrats
Price bounced up alot since my 2019 but its worth it.have fun
I drive around in sport mode and exhaust in track.really cool when you take off. also if your using paddle and downshifting
During the test drive I noticed that it has quiet mode turn on. Does that mean that when it's cold started it has the quiet enabled then opens up after a certain amount of time? It's really slick.

I'm very pleased with the test-drive of the car, they have it listed $4k less than what it was selling in late end of the summer. 3900 miles on the odometer. 1 Owner, clean carfax. They're giving me a complimentary oil change as well, and $300 worth of ford pass points. Any suggestions for what to get here? Maybe a Battery Tender? Car Cover? Etc.

It's altas blue. Very gorgeous color.

Jaymar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaymar
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT/CS - Rapid Red
During the test drive I noticed that it has quiet mode turn on. Does that mean that when it's cold started it has the quiet enabled then opens up after a certain amount of time? It's really slick.

I'm very pleased with the test-drive of the car, they have it listed $4k less than what it was selling in late end of the summer. 3900 miles on the odometer. 1 Owner, clean carfax. They're giving me a complimentary oil change as well, and $300 worth of ford pass points. Any suggestions for what to get here? Maybe a Battery Tender? Car Cover? Etc.

If it starts in quiet mode it has the quiet start time window set, otherwise it always defaults to wake the neighbors mode.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Stangalang

Stangalang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' GT Altas Blue
If it starts in quiet mode it has the quiet start time window set, otherwise it always defaults to wake the neighbors mode.
How well does it work with a stock resinator delete with a H-pipe? Does that cause drone being that it's an active valve exhaust?

Jaymar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaymar
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT/CS - Rapid Red
How well does it work with a stock resinator delete with a H-pipe? Does that cause drone being that it's an active valve exhaust?
Most people like the resonator delete, quiet mode still works . I haven't decided which way to go myself because the delete on the factory mufflers sounds tinny and raspy to me.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I have an H pipe and have mine set to quiet start between 10pm and 8am. On the mornings I leave early, it’s still quiet. I haven’t had anyone complain and I’m approaching a year with my h pipe.

Torched10

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
If it starts in quiet mode it has the quiet start time window set, otherwise it always defaults to wake the neighbors

Here's helpful link

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...-the-active-valve-performance-exhaust.173002/

OP
OP
Stangalang

Stangalang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' GT Altas Blue
I have an H pipe and have mine set to quiet start between 10pm and 8am. On the mornings I leave early, it’s still quiet. I haven’t had anyone complain and I’m approaching a year with my h pipe.
That's so damn cool that you can adjust that timing. When you added the H-pipe with the active exhaust have you had any drone? OR is inside/outside just louder?
Sponsored