Vehicle Showcase
Following
Sponsored

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
Can you tell me when the Gen 4 and Gen 5 will be available for my 2016? I’ve been emailing with Cody but haven’t been given any real timelines etc. also between the 3 - Gen 3 4 & 5, which one will make the most power or be the best “fit” for my heavy automatic ‘16 convertible? Can you say for certain without a doubt the bigger heat exchanger will fit with adaptive cruise and it will function as factory? I have been told from you guys “oh yea, it works and fits”, but I haven’t found anyone yet that can confirm this. Do you have any special or updated instructions for making this combo work? Pics? I’ve been told the base HE fits with ACC buts it’s REALLY TIGHT and they doubt it will work.

What is the lead time for the Gen 4 and / or 5? Can I order and pay now? Will the stage 2s on the newer ones still utilize the 132mm TB?

What software comes with them? Which tuner comes with them? What adjustability do they offer? I’ve read a little about the tomahawk but really don’t know much. I haven’t been able to find anything on your website.

Thanks for the information! Cody can also email me directly with this information. I would buy from a vendor here on the forum - support those that support us with their expertise and knowledge.

Thanks again!
Quoting myself lol.

Still looking for info @Whipple SC.

Can email me direct as well if some of this info is proprietary.

Thanks.

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
I've never seen this "whole lot more TQ" when looking at similar dyno sheets myself. I will say after driving a few TVS cars(2018 ZO6, 2013 Edelbrock GT, even a Hellcat which isnt a TVS) you do feel the torque hit a little harder. Almost like a turbo...... The Whipple power delivery is so smooth it's almost sneaky.

FWIW my car destroyed all those cars from a roll.

I must say that I do like your drawing :)..lol...Yeah I understand about the stock airbox and throttle body. It will be interesting to see the differences. Each kit is great in their own way. The whole "tons more TQ" thing still is kinda weird to me. I've seen a little more in my searching but nothing crazy. Here is my graph of when my car was dynoed with the stage 2 Whipple kit, 94 pump fuel, stock cats, stock headers, dynojet, 18* timing and the stock whipple calibration. I'd like to see an Edlebrock or other stock kit for TQ comparison that shows this "massive" TQ
Stock whipple.jpg

Sponsored

Kona 18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang
It’s very simple, it does ok, but it doesn’t actually match the Roush, VMP, KB nor our system in boost vs power at pump gas, race gas or E85. Making more power at lower boost is always a good thing.
Here is some Dyno's from actual customers and some known names of the stage 1

Coyotecarguy
2018 Whipple stage 1: Dyno'd in 7th at that, so he gets the benefit reading his 1:1 numbers. Compared to mine, I made 100wtrq more in 7th, and ~50wtrq more in 6th than his 7th.

4000rpm
Edelbrock: 410whp/530wtrq
Whipple: 320whp/420wtrq

That is quite a massive difference considering that was my 6th gear pull, not my 7th. While we can say some differences are expected given different days and Dyno's, the gap is just too huge to be explained away by just that alone.

Screen Shot 2019-02-14 at 1.55.30 PM.png

Here is a Stage 1 Whipple(blue) and a stage 2(red) that PBD did on their youtube channel. The 132mm TB helped a lot, but if you look at the torque, you once again see the stage 1 struggling to make more 500wtrq where the Edelbrock has no problem doing so at 3000rpm. WHP is about the same as what I made in 7th as well. So stage 1 vs stage 1, the My Edelbrock makes the same whp as a stage 1 whipple, but about 100wtrq more(60wtrq more if you wanna use my 6th gear numbers).

Screen Shot 2019-02-14 at 2.17.06 PM.png

whipple dropkicking edelol in the face... again
I don't see how, see above reply

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
Dayum!

Serious torque! I think the drop kick comment may be inaccurate.

I think the challenge is trying to get a true apples to apples comparison between them. Stage 1 vs stage 1 and stage 2 vs stage 2. The way they come when you buy the kit.

So many examples of great running Whipples out there. I’d like to see more of the E-Force.

Whipple SC

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0
Here is some Dyno's from actual customers and some known names of the stage 1

Coyotecarguy
2018 Whipple stage 1: Dyno'd in 7th at that, so he gets the benefit reading his 1:1 numbers. Compared to mine, I made 100wtrq more in 7th, and ~50wtrq more in 6th than his 7th.

4000rpm
Edelbrock: 410whp/530wtrq
Whipple: 320whp/420wtrq

That is quite a massive difference considering that was my 6th gear pull, not my 7th. While we can say some differences are expected given different days and Dyno's, the gap is just too huge to be explained away by just that alone.

Screen Shot 2019-02-14 at 1.55.30 PM.png

Here is a Stage 1 Whipple(blue) and a stage 2(red) that PBD did on their youtube channel. The 132mm TB helped a lot, but if you look at the torque, you once again see the stage 1 struggling to make more 500wtrq where the Edelbrock has no problem doing so at 3000rpm. WHP is about the same as what I made in 7th as well. So stage 1 vs stage 1, the My Edelbrock makes the same whp as a stage 1 whipple, but about 100wtrq more(60wtrq more if you wanna use my 6th gear numbers).

Screen Shot 2019-02-14 at 2.17.06 PM.png

I don't see how, see above reply
Again, your talking about a 2018. The graphs you show, the difference is timing. 1deg of timing on our system is 22-28rwtrq, 2deg more and you would be in the low 500's. Our original cal, which this has, was extremely conservative on timing at lower rpm. We released an update a few months ago that significantly picked up power. We've got a new update coming next week that is even a further refinement after thousands of dyno hours with cylinder pressure sensors, etc.

But all this means very little since its not apples for apples. Our test was on the same car, same calibration, same cam schedule, same timing, same lambda, same air density, same temps, same exhaust, same cooling system. We showed that if you take out all those variables and just test their best SC available vs ours (at the time for both), then that's what you got. The core product is not as good as others on the market, before you factor in other deficiencies in the system. It doesn't mean it can't meet expectations so it fits with some.

Angry50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
Again, your talking about a 2018. The graphs you show, the difference is timing. 1deg of timing on our system is 22-28rwtrq, 2deg more and you would be in the low 500's. Our original cal, which this has, was extremely conservative on timing at lower rpm. We released an update a few months ago that significantly picked up power. We've got a new update coming next week that is even a further refinement after thousands of dyno hours with cylinder pressure sensors, etc.

But all this means very little since its not apples for apples. Our test was on the same car, same calibration, same cam schedule, same timing, same lambda, same air density, same temps, same exhaust, same cooling system. We showed that if you take out all those variables and just test their best SC available vs ours (at the time for both), then that's what you got. The core product is not as good as others on the market, before you factor in other deficiencies in the system. It doesn't mean it can't meet expectations so it fits with some.
makes me want to change to whipple with all these facts lol

Kona 18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang

The Palm Beach Dyno numbers were with their tunes for both the stage 1 and stage 2, so it's not as conservative as the include calibrations with the kit, part of why I also included their numbers. The guys at PBD know what they are doing too. It will be hard to do apple's to apple's bc of all the differences between the 2 though so for now this is all we can go off of. My goals for my personal car is a good 950-1000whp, so we'll see if I can get it done. They had one L und did that made 960/869, so 1000whp should be achievable

Last edited:

Sponsored

Whipple SC

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0
The Palm Beach Dyno numbers were with their tunes for both the stage 1 and stage 2, so it's not as conservative as the include calibrations with the kit, part of why I also included their numbers. The guys at PBD know what they are doing too. It will be hard to do apple's to apple's bc of all the differences between the 2 though so for now this is all we can go off of. My goals for my personal car is a good 950-1000whp, so we'll see if I can get it done. They had one L und did that made 960/869, so 1000whp should be achievable
Using some other car for any comparison is your first mistake. I don't know anything about what PBD is doing, they do a great job but I can tell you what we know. They did one the other day that did 540/710 so you can't compare that car to your car.

Here's an example of an 18 here while we were doing air box testing. Plenty of low end torque. These are PD devices, they pump more than enough air at low RPM, its all about cam control, timing, lambda to optimize low end torque.
2018 mustang air box test.jpeg

Brent Davis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shadow Black Premium Mustang GT
571C67A1-5AE0-4E02-B59E-B230ABF7977C.jpeg
All,
Not for me to get into a fussing match at all but I want to share what I have.

2018 Manual GT
100% Stock engine except Boundry OPG/CG
100% Stock 6-speed trans and clutch
Full MBRP LT headers, 3” H-Pipe with their high flow cats and their chambered mufflers
Full FORE fuel system with controller etc.
Shaftmasters aluminum driveshaft
Whipple Gen5 Supercharger
Standard HE
10 Rib kit with 3.75” & 3.625” pullies
ID1050X injectors, stock DI injectors
20% OD balancer/Pulley
132mm Throttlebody
PBD tuned on E85

The 898 pull was the 3.75” and IMO would have been 900 had it been pulled a little more.
The 978 pull was the 3.625” and again IMO would have been 980 had it been pulled a little more.
I say that because it dips after he is letting off the throttle. The bottoms end TQ on the street is almost unmanageable until I put the drag radials on so if the Edelbrock is making 100+ more torque good luck keeping it hooked because I can’t imagine more than what I already have. I do admire all blowers and other power adders out there and what they have to offer. At the time of my purchase the Whipple was readily available for the ‘18’s so that’s what I went with plus I’ve seen a few now run 9.0’s@157 and as of a few days ago a guy just ran 8.87@157 with his Gen5 so I think I made a good choice. I’m sure the Edelbrock guys will make headway with their product as well. Good luck to all with your cars. Just thought I’d share my data.

Platinum_5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2021 10R Whipple
Using some other car for any comparison is your first mistake. I don't know anything about what PBD is doing, they do a great job but I can tell you what we know. They did one the other day that did 540/710 so you can't compare that car to your car.

Here's an example of an 18 here while we were doing air box testing. Plenty of low end torque. These are PD devices, they pump more than enough air at low RPM, its all about cam control, timing, lambda to optimize low end torque.
2018 mustang air box test.jpeg
My numbers on my 17 with the Whipple calibration was close to that :) 681whp and 536TQ...seems pretty decent TQ to me

Notheryote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
571C67A1-5AE0-4E02-B59E-B230ABF7977C.jpeg
All,
Not for me to get into a fussing match at all but I want to share what I have.

2018 Manual GT
100% Stock engine except Boundry OPG/CG
100% Stock 6-speed trans and clutch
Full MBRP LT headers, 3” H-Pipe with their high flow cats and their chambered mufflers
Full FORE fuel system with controller etc.
Shaftmasters aluminum driveshaft
Whipple Gen5 Supercharger
Standard HE
10 Rib kit with 3.75” & 3.625” pullies
ID1050X injectors, stock DI injectors
20% OD balancer/Pulley
132mm Throttlebody
PBD tuned on E85

The 898 pull was the 3.75” and IMO would have been 900 had it been pulled a little more.
The 978 pull was the 3.625” and again IMO would have been 980 had it been pulled a little more.
I say that because it dips after he is letting off the throttle. The bottoms end TQ on the street is almost unmanageable until I put the drag radials on so if the Edelbrock is making 100+ more torque good luck keeping it hooked because I can’t imagine more than what I already have. I do admire all blowers and other power adders out there and what they have to offer. At the time of my purchase the Whipple was readily available for the ‘18’s so that’s what I went with plus I’ve seen a few now run 9.0’s@157 and as of a few days ago a guy just ran 8.87@157 with his Gen5 so I think I made a good choice. I’m sure the Edelbrock guys will make headway with their product as well. Good luck to all with your cars. Just thought I’d share my data.
I see you got the Anthony Ballard package, that guy knows how to set them up well.