Sponsored

Aluminum trim glare

Rondog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustangecoboost
I would like to tone down the glare that I get from the polished aluminum bits in the interior. Especially the aluminum on the steering wheel. Any ideas other than only drive at night? Thanks
Sponsored

Jack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium
put duct tape all over it? silver duct tape that way you still get that premium chrome look without the glare that comes with it.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Just be glad it's not all boring matte black plastic.

VTECSAUCE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB PP GT w/ RECARO's & ITR swapped '94 hatch
I brush finished all the chrome in my 2010 and will do the same with my 2015 soon. Best to remove the pieces and use a scotch bright pad really doesn't take much to get enough glare off.
not a bad idea. I'd like to do the same thing. Not a fan of chrome

Sponsored

tsunami

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium EcoBoost Convertible
Aluminum glare...

I hope you are not attempting to roughen the dash! There may be aluminum on the dash piece...but there is an overlay applied onto the metal. Search this Forum for this discussion!

davekro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Convertible, 3.7L, A/T, 051A, DIB
I brush finished all the chrome in my 2010 and will do the same with my 2015 soon. Best to remove the pieces and use a scotch bright pad really doesn't take much to get enough glare off.
Did you use the green super scratchy pad? I'm thinking maybe the blue pad, the next softer version may not do the trick. Because it is what you use on stainless steel not to scratch the surface.

carguy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
I've seen clear satin plasti-dip used with really good results. I think I may try that since it's reversible and just so damn fun hitting stuff with plastidip. :D

OP
OP

Rondog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustangecoboost
I'm using this stuff called Magic Cover. Flat black. Easy to cut and I applied it to the aluminum on the steering wheel and on the passenger door handle where I was getting sun glare. Formed to the slight curves well enough and the adhesive doesn't leave any residue. Good enough for now..

Sponsored

GThunder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT
I suggest buying a good pair of polarized sunglasses :cool:. I'm running Serengeti aviators with photochromic driver lenses and I have yet to be bothered by any type of glare from the exterior, let alone the interior. Look them up! :)

Stangnut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt BHG
Well I got to experience the BLINDING trim (and hood) the other day. I was driving west at the end of the day and all I could think about was "What were those idiot designers thinking?" I wear Bolle polarized sunglasses and they weren't helping much. Can't wait until someone comes up with a good solution for this problem.

Rondog, could you post pics of yours? Thanks.

OP
OP

Rondog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustangecoboost
Well I got to experience the BLINDING trim (and hood) the other day. I was driving west at the end of the day and all I could think about was "What were those idiot designers thinking?" I wear Bolle polarized sunglasses and they weren't helping much. Can't wait until someone comes up with a good solution for this problem.

Rondog, could you post pics of yours? Thanks.
Sure, once I figure out how to post pics! I also found another great solution. GT 350! It doesn't have that silly bright trim in the interior. But I'm keeping my EB.

Stangnut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt BHG
Sure, once I figure out how to post pics! I also found another great solution. GT 350! It doesn't have that silly bright trim in the interior. But I'm keeping my EB.
All the pictures I could find look like the trim is black. While I hate the "way too bright" chrome, the black just wouldn't look good, IMO.

Just another part the aftermarket could sell a lot of, but probably won't make.