papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EcoBoost MT Race Red EURO - NO MORE
they are sealed inside the headlights, I don't think they are awailable as spare parts.
Sponsored

John577

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White Fastback Mustang GT

John577

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Another story for all of you.

Someone with an US imported in Switzerland was stopped by the Police and they complaint about the tri-bars. It was like this :

Cops : "where are your DRLs ???"
he : "here, look in the headlights ! "
Cops : ":eyebulge: , wait, what ??! that's your DRL ? they are not bright enough !!! "

Then he had to justify himself that the car is an US import and that the car passed the approval for the country.

vieirinha33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
André
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Ecoboost Race Red
loool xD the cops are very special here :D so I will need very bright tri bars lol

Sponsored

cedfx2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 fastback ecoboost guard color custom pack
Just received mine today (not he car :-( :)

Still happy about it John577 ?

John577

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes still happy with them, but the fact is, if you put black vinyl on it, the light output is a bit dimmed.

So, in the reverse camera, you will not clearly notice a bright reverse light, but simply a "normal" light.

And the LED "dots" are so nice when you put reverse :cheers:

OP
OP
papinist

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
I will put a 20% black vinyl instead of a total black like you :D With the new lights there is no need to black it out totally since there are no more the ugly separation white\red\white.

Notes

Moustang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK S550 EB/AT/PP/EU
If you don't saw this thread, here's a good comparison between OEM and DD LEDs :

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1093581&postcount=113

And never saw here on the forum or somewhere else that we can buy the OEM boards as spare parts ...
Id be more than happy with the stock Ford OEM LED boards... now if the Australian company retrofitting them could share some knowledge with our local EU retro-fitters we could have some fine results. I still won't be sending the lights to one we can't mention anymore... the way they get sealed again by the Australian company looks way better imo. Not sure how the wiring goes though... meanwhile Ill sit and wait until the right moment to have them modified :D (with a switch of course)

Sponsored

John577

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It's not to advertise or give the credits to the UNNAMED, but the job is done really well and you won't notice the "cut open" once the lights are back to the car.

For the LED Boards, you definitely need to wait until Diode Dynamics (or someone else) provides the new version with really HIGH POWERED LED's for a DRL use.
The actual version and the OEM US Version are not bright enough to be use as DRL.

It's not for the annual inspection but more for the daily drive and for the Police.

OP
OP
papinist

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
It's not to advertise or give the credits to the UNNAMED, but the job is done really well and you won't notice the "cut open" once the lights are back to the car.

For the LED Boards, you definitely need to wait until Diode Dynamics (or someone else) provides the new version with really HIGH POWERED LED's for a DRL use.
The actual version and the OEM US Version are not bright enough to be use as DRL.

It's not for the annual inspection but more for the daily drive and for the Police.
also, we don't know if the DD leds are the same as the stock US. They said that their product is not bright enough to be used as drl, but they don't say that it's the same brightness as stock.
However, the tribar mod we have (at least I) is very functional because it is not only super bright, but also dims when you turn on the other lights.
This is not advertise, it's fact :)

Notes

Moustang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK S550 EB/AT/PP/EU
I get it but aren't the US OEM Boards used as DRL overthere? It's not that we need to see the road with drl's but it's a visual mod so we can have the tri-bars active right?back

Anyway from what I read a few post's back DD is working on a Euro mod (not sure if it was in the thread or not though)

OP
OP
papinist

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
I remember a picture\video where DD's was about 0,7A and 'mine' at about 2A.

Sure they don't need to illuminate the road but also John said that with direct sunlight they are barely visible.
Sponsored