Sponsored

Alternative style LED reverse\rear fog light

John577

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White Fastback Mustang GT
Good job mate (as always :D)
I really like the new shape of the fog light, very 'modern'!
Is the new reverse light brighter? It seems so, but don't know if the two previous bulbs combined made more light.

Now I am more convinced about that!! Damn you John!! :paddle: :rant:
:cheers:

Edit: I could end up using the rear fog light, since I never use it (even with fog.. but this is because noone can reach me from behind :D )
Today I swapped my front fog lights so... well, pictures soon!
Haha :cheers:

yes they are brighter as the OEM bulbs, I think as bright as the LED bulbs I bought from Diode Dynamics. But, with the vinyl on the light, the output is a bit dimmed.

I like this light a lot, the shape of the light is so beautiful :thumbsup: :love:
Sponsored

OP
OP
papinist

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EcoBoost MT Race Red EURO - NO MORE
What type of vinyl have you used? I think on your car this light with black vinyl is a perfect match since is centered on the back and is in line with the stripe.
I also already have black vinyl on mine.. the stock white-red-white is terrible!

Now I have to find something else to buy from US.. I can't use stackry for a single package :)

Monty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB
Looks good, thanks for sharing.

Looks a bit like a smiley face.

John577

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks guys for your comments :thumbsup:

[MENTION=12253]papinist[/MENTION], I used the complete set of tint from amercian muscle : http://www.americanmuscle.com/smoked-tint-complete-kit-2015.html

I didn't thought that the end result would be as nice. Really love the black vinyl on this light.

[MENTION=13759]Monty[/MENTION], it's exactly what I thought when I took the last picture :D

UNtamed67

Silver Shadow
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A couple...
Vehicle Showcase
This car will become a never ending MOD story...:doh:
I'll start soon with my tail mods: Side markers (color not decided) - sequential RED turn signals + 3 brakes (Caniggia) and now this one...An extra 1500 EUR all together...:headbonk:

Sponsored

John577

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This car will become a never ending MOD story...:doh:
I'll start soon with my tail mods: Side markers (color not decided) - sequential RED turn signals + 3 brakes (Caniggia) and now this one...An extra 1500 EUR all together...:headbonk:
It's the price for a beautiful end result :cheers:

My tail lights will also be done before the end of the year :D
I need to see them first running on a car, I hope someone installed them before the lux meet :thumbsup:

OP
OP
papinist

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
It's the price for a beautiful end result :cheers:

My tail lights will also be done before the end of the year :D
I need to see them first running on a car, I hope someone installed them before the lux meet :thumbsup:
Believe me, sequential tail lights are the second best mod you can do on this car! (First is tribar drl :D )

John577

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Believe me, sequential tail lights are the second best mod you can do on this car! (First is tribar drl :D )
Tri-bars are done but not entirely satisfied... Will see what they will look with the new drivers. If I'm still not satisfied, someone will get a big box with my front and rear lights to make them like I want ! :cheers:

OP
OP
papinist

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Tri-bars are done but not entirely satisfied... Will see what they will look with the new drivers. If I'm still not satisfied, someone will get a big box with my front and rear lights to make them like I want ! :cheers:
yeah, with combined shipping you will save on shipping rates :D

John577

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

Clark98

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT '15
yes the other day with john we talked about this way. To make One package with all the lights to save money ^^

cedfx2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 fastback ecoboost guard color custom pack

Notes

Moustang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK S550 EB/AT/PP/EU
What are you not happy with on the tri-bars?

The reverse light looks good, might do this one as well at some point, maybe the connectors will become available somewhere in the meantime.
Btw does it improves visibility when reversing?

John577

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What are you not happy with on the tri-bars?

The reverse light looks good, might do this one as well at some point, maybe the connectors will become available somewhere in the meantime.
Btw does it improves visibility when reversing?
I'm not happy with the brightness of the LEDs, when they are ON in a sunny day, you can't really notice if they are ON or OFF... And, with my bad luck, I've already one side that doesn't light up perfectly...
I already got the replacement drivers from DD but need to remove the lights AGAIN from the car as the drivers are hidden inside the headlights to solve the issue.

So, once I have the motivation, I'll remove the lights from the car and put this drivers out of them, so it's easier if I'll get a new problem on them.

DD says the new drivers will bring a slight increase on the brightness but still can't be used as DRL ...

Anyway, wait and see for the repair day :D

For the new reverse light, as I had the reverse LED bulb from DD, I could not notice changes in the brightness. The only thing that changed, is that now with my black vinyl on the light, the light output is a bit dimmed.
So, if you look at the reverse camera, you see less light then before, but still OK for me.

Notes

Moustang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK S550 EB/AT/PP/EU
I'm not happy with the brightness of the LEDs, when they are ON in a sunny day, you can't really notice if they are ON or OFF... And, with my bad luck, I've already one side that doesn't light up perfectly...
I already got the replacement drivers from DD but need to remove the lights AGAIN from the car as the drivers are hidden inside the headlights to solve the issue.

So, once I have the motivation, I'll remove the lights from the car and put this drivers out of them, so it's easier if I'll get a new problem on them.

DD says the new drivers will bring a slight increase on the brightness but still can't be used as DRL ...

Anyway, wait and see for the repair day :D

For the new reverse light, as I had the reverse LED bulb from DD, I could not notice changes in the brightness. The only thing that changed, is that now with my black vinyl on the light, the light output is a bit dimmed.
So, if you look at the reverse camera, you see less light then before, but still OK for me.
Just wondering if the trib-bars LED strips form Ford can't be ordered as replacement's on the US lights and use these instead. Personally I'm more interested in the original tri-bars than the DD's.
Sponsored