Sponsored

all sorts of concerns

Tucsonturbos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang ecoboost
hey so ive been searching around to what my issues are but not luck and was hoping you guys could help me out. I guess to start these are the 3 problems im worried about..

1. big one but prior to installing my MAP intercooler kit it held 21 psi while learning the octane adjustment ratio no problem. after the install last night WOT maxes at 11.5psi and can feel a complete loss of power. No couplers came off so not sure exactly where i should begin fixing that issue..

2. on the video for plumbing in the BOV line it said to Tee off on the line on the back of the intake manifold. well there was no line of the provided so i bought some and the hose that i believe they refered to was hard and had some sort of small check valve it seems like. does anyone have pictures of the line they tapped into??

3.oct adj rt is now at -1.00/-0.95, Does that mean its finished? and i can switch the screen or still have more to go?

sorry for the noob questions just still getting used to the ecoboost platform...
Sponsored

Tune+

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang Automatic
hey so ive been searching around to what my issues are but not luck and was hoping you guys could help me out. I guess to start these are the 3 problems im worried about..

1. big one but prior to installing my MAP intercooler kit it held 21 psi while learning the octane adjustment ratio no problem. after the install last night WOT maxes at 11.5psi and can feel a complete loss of power. No couplers came off so not sure exactly where i should begin fixing that issue..

2. on the video for plumbing in the BOV line it said to Tee off on the line on the back of the intake manifold. well there was no line of the provided so i bought some and the hose that i believe they refered to was hard and had some sort of small check valve it seems like. does anyone have pictures of the line they tapped into??

3.oct adj rt is now at -1.00/-0.95, Does that mean its finished? and i can switch the screen or still have more to go?

sorry for the noob questions just still getting used to the ecoboost platform...
1. You have the BOV line hooked up incorrectly, or not at all. Boost is bleeding out of your BOV.

2. I recommend using the line coming off the throttle body. Cut the hard factory line off and replace it with 7/32 vacuum hose and a 1/4" plastic tee.

3. -1.00 is max, you can't go any further. You can choose to switch your gauge from it, or you can leave it up there. If it drops, the vehicle thinks your fuel quality is low and you aren't at max power.

OP
OP

Tucsonturbos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang ecoboost
just swapped to 7/32 lines, put a new line on the old source the set the spring to soft.. yup full boost again, make me feel like an idiot hahaha but thanks a bunch! one last question though. code p0035 turbocharger high voltage circuit i believe, that is that from disconnecting the bpv, correct?

TJP719

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium AT
I just got this code p0035. Popped up randomly. I've had a mechanical BOV for a while now. Why would this randomly pop up?

Sponsored

TJP719

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium AT
Mine comes and goes. Very rare though. I'd say once every 3 weeks or so.

Gotcha, so basically it's not a concern at all. Once i saw that it had to do with the BPV I wasn't very concerned just thought it was odd that it hadn't popped up before.

Tune+

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang Automatic
It needs to be disabled in your tune, email me and I will disable it.
Sponsored