WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase
Took it into the dealer today for the second aircon failure.

Told the service advisor that I was aware of the widespread evaporator issue and he agreed that this could well be the case.

This, however, was the 'fix' (he did say that they removed the glove box and checked for dye on the evaporator unit and it seemed to have no leaks).

It's already blowing at inconsistent speeds, so I know I'll be back again soon.

:doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh:
ac1.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

Coyote 16

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jared
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB Mustang GT
Has anyone who is currently waiting on an evaporator unit got an ETA?

XR6VCT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Manual Mustang GT
Has anyone who is currently waiting on an evaporator unit got an ETA?
Got a call from my dealer today. Parts have turned up so getting it done in a couple of weeks time. Parts were ordered just before Xmas and the dealer was expecting them to come in mid to late Jan.

Erez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
White Platinum GT Manual
Wow, that really sucks. Just deal with the issue!

Took it into the dealer today for the second aircon failure.

Told the service advisor that I was aware of the widespread evaporator issue and he agreed that this could well be the case.

This, however, was the 'fix' (he did say that they removed the glove box and checked for dye on the evaporator unit and it seemed to have no leaks).

It's already blowing at inconsistent speeds, so I know I'll be back again soon.

:doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh:

Erez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
White Platinum GT Manual
Interesting outcome on my aircon issue - The dealer's mechanic checked for electrical problem, then for a gas leak but couldn't find anything.

He had to dig a bit further and found that one of the A/C flaps was misplaced. Must have moved / not installed properly in Flat Rock. Once he put it back in place, it started working again!

Sponsored

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase
He had to dig a bit further and found that one of the A/C flaps was misplaced. Must have moved / not installed properly in Flat Rock. Once he put it back in place, it started working again!
I've read of others in the US section having had the same issue.

Glad to see it's sorted (for now).

I don't think I've ever had a new car before where I am hoping that a part will fail.

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase
Hopefully our consumer laws are stronger than they appear to be in the US.

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2145784&postcount=826

We had trouble with the AC before the warranty expired but it failed totally after warranty ended.

Our AC was giving us issues in my daughter's car early on and was taken in twice to have it looked at and they couldn't replicate the problem. Well, it finally gave out at 37k miles. Sunrise Ford in So. CA thought they could fix it under warranty because we had it in twice with the problem before the warranty expired and was logged in the paperwork. Needless to say, they fixed the car thinking Ford would cover it. Then it got rejected as a warranty claim. They held the car hostage until we put out of pocket $1,200 for the repair. I have had the worst luck with Ford also own a Platinum F150. I am still looking to talk to a factory rep on the Mustang warranty AC issue.

watchman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang GT magnetic
Continuing my saga I took my car to Brad Garlic ford on Monday . I had one call with no information so by Friday rang . I was told that it is the evaporator . They have emailed ford they have no time estimate for the part arriving as it is on back order . They cannot put the dash in without agreement from ford warranty as it is an 8 hour job . I am currently stuck and they seem completely uninterested . with pressure they are going to organise a loan car. I should have followed Drewbo and Dar26's advice but thought since the process was started and this was the third visit I would finish it there . My advice to everyone is do not start the process of getting it fixed until you have a confirmed date of parts delivery. for those interested this was an early car delivered jan 2016.

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase
I had one call with no information so by Friday rang . I was told that it is the evaporator . They have emailed ford they have no time estimate for the part arriving as it is on back order . They cannot put the dash in without agreement from ford warranty as it is an 8 hour job .
So let me get this right.

You dropped it off on Monday - heard little of use by Friday, so YOU initiate the call to find out WTF is going on.

They tell you what you (we) already knew, and are refusing to replace the dash until the part comes in (which, from prior experiences here, could be several weeks).

Plus, you have to fight for a loan car.

That is totally unacceptable.........I would be smashing their (Ford Australia) Bookface with 'feedback' and emailing corporate.

:doh::doh::doh:

IngoStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Troy
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Fastback Velocity Blue
refusing to replace the dash until the part comes in (which, from prior experiences here, could be several weeks).
:
Depends who you are, a particular member seems to have the evaporator and Oil Cooler at the ready from his obliging dealer...... :D

Sponsored

POJ 1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt build no.301
Well I just joined the evaporator club!
Had noticed that the demist function wasn't very effective so complained when car went in for routine service at 21000kms
Told I need a new evaporator, dashboard has to come out, car needed for 2 days and they expect to have a new replacement unit to install in 7-10 days.
Interesting that the guy in the service dept said they had more failed compressors than evaporator units so far
Good old Ford!

Coyote 16

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jared
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB Mustang GT
At least you dont have to wait very long for the unit.

watchman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang GT magnetic
The saga continues. The car has now been with the dealer 10 days still no eta on evaporater . they had no loan car desite saying they would get me one if not fixed within the week . they put me onto ford Australia with a case mumber and designated person. ford Australia tried to rent a car for me at thrifty but none available due to chinese new year . I checked this by ringing hertz and same story . I rang fair trading but they were no help . they just say warranty work must be completed in " a reasonable time" but this is not specified and a loan car does not have to be provided . I have attempted to call the service manager at

watchman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang GT magnetic
cont..BRAD GARLICK FORD but he has never returned my calls . hoping for a rental next week . the ford system seems to be deny and regas system then if it fails again ignore the customer

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase
The saga continues.
Sorry to hear - this is an appalling response by your dealer which also reflects on the Ford brand as a whole.

One thing that strikes me is that my dealer claimed to be able to diagnose a faulty evaporator by removing the glove box only and checking for leaks from there - so I'm a little unsure as to why they needed to remove the entire dash to diagnose your fault. Having said that, my system was already full of dye from the first time it failed.

Why on earth they removed your dash, with no parts in stock in full knowledge that they wouldn't be replacing it until such parts arrived, is also anyone's guess.

I have not heard of anyone else being subjected to what you are as far as evaporator replacement is concerned.

Have you shared your experience on Ford Australia Bookface?
Sponsored