Aftermarket exhaust

Tcnarber

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Premium, Black Betty
Anone ever have an issue with an aftermarket exhaust not lining up? I just called a place and the guy said, "yeah, ewe can do it but those on line things never line up."

I just need an installed as I have no jack stands. All the videos I see show a straightforward easy install in about an hour or so.
Sponsored

dragonacc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP
Seen problems on some other platforms with some really cheap exhaust systems. Doubtful that any of the big names will have a problem.

Personally I'd spend the $40 bucks the install is likely to cost and buy some jack stands... You'll have them forever.

OP
OP

Tcnarber

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Seen problems on some other platforms with some really cheap exhaust systems. Doubtful that any of the big names will have a problem.

Personally I'd spend the $40 bucks the install is likely to cost and buy some jack stands... You'll have them forever.
Yeah, I hear you. I have the Magnaflow Street series, and I just was surprised by his remarks.

Sponsored

MAPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.maperformance.com
First Name
Sales
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Base w/ Performance Package
Some exhaust don't allow enough "play" in the system to get everything to line up correctly. Our exhaust has v-bands at the end and allows for the mufflers to be turned there, and then another v-band at the front of the exhaust to allow the mid pipe to change angles as well. We also hand make each exhaust on a jig, so they are all almost identical. Almost impossible to not get ours lined up perfectly!

wireless

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White Ecoboost Premium
I've had two magnaflow catbacks on previous cars and the fitment has always been terrible lol.

Borla has always fit great...

OP
OP

Tcnarber

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Some exhaust don't allow enough "play" in the system to get everything to line up correctly. Our exhaust has v-bands at the end and allows for the mufflers to be turned there, and then another v-band at the front of the exhaust to allow the mid pipe to change angles as well. We also hand make each exhaust on a jig, so they are all almost identical. Almost impossible to not get ours lined up perfectly!
When you guys were testing the Magnaflow did you find any issues as you mention here?

navair133

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black Mustang Eco/PP; 2003 Porsche Boxster
When Bill at CJ Pony installed there was no mention of fitment issues. did not look like there were any either on the video.

Ordered my Magnaflow Street Series today.

Sponsored

Renner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT SOLD-2015 Ecoboost SOLD
Magnaflow needs some "help" to sit straight on most cars..but it sounds so sexy and their tips make the extra effort worth it to me. Usually just the hangers need a torch and a dead blow hammer..20 min fix :)
Sponsored