stangrob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ruby Red GT PP
Hello folks,

Well, now that I'm the proud owner of a new '17 GT I'm starting my mod list, and one of the first things I'll be doing once the weather picks up here in Jersey is to upgrade the exhaust. The stock system is WAY too quiet for my taste, and after having driven an '18 GT I'd like to find something that sounds like that if possible (non-active).

It's kind of hard to tell from the many sounds clips out there what a good match would be, so I figured I'd ask those who've heard the new car and have had exposure to the numerous exhaust systems available for our cars for their thoughts. I was planning to go the cat-back route but any and all suggestions are welcome - thanks!

Rob
Sponsored

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
IMO, the GT500 mufflers with h pipe sounds amazing and is not that much louder than stock but the tone is pure bliss.

And can be had for a fraction of what an aftermarket setup would cost and drops right in.

That's probably the closest you'll get to the 18 sound seeing as how it's OEM and a bit more aggressive.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Just get a Corsa Sport and call it a day. It's way better than any active exhaust setup. That stuff is gimmicky since most enthusiasts will replace the exhaust anyway. Definitely would not have picked that option had I have gone for an 18.

The AWE catback sounds pretty good as well.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
The FRPP Sport catback is probably the closest tone to the new 18 active exhaust in louder mode.

I agree with Zelek above though, Corsa Sport catback and be done. Amazing tone when you get on it, super quiet at cruise (can barely hear it) and zero drone of any sort. Loud enough to be heard when you get on it hard, but never obnoxious. There are many reasons why it's one of the most popular exhausts.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
IMO, the GT500 mufflers with h pipe sounds amazing and is not that much louder than stock but the tone is pure bliss.

And can be had for a fraction of what an aftermarket setup would cost and drops right in.

That's probably the closest you'll get to the 18 sound seeing as how it's OEM and a bit more aggressive.
Wait! What? I've heard/read you had to cut and fab to put GT 500 mufflers in a S550.

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Wait! What? I've heard/read you had to cut and fab to put GT 500 mufflers in a S550.
That is correct. They are not at all a bolt in. Custom inlet pipe and muffler hangers are required.

OP
OP

stangrob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ruby Red GT PP
Thanks guys. I did check out the sound bites on the Corsa Sport exhaust and it sounded excellent. It’s a pricey piece but I like to think you get what you pay for. Since I’m looking for a bolt-in installation it’s definitely on my short list ;)

Rob

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks guys. I did check out the sound bites on the Corsa Sport exhaust and it sounded excellent. It’s a pricey piece but I like to think you get what you pay for. Since I’m looking for a bolt-in installation it’s definitely on my short list ;)

Rob
Contact Hypermotive [MENTION=9610]jayman33[/MENTION] or Beefcake [MENTION=10926]beefcake[/MENTION] for way better prices than say, AM.

These ones are really good videos:

(first one to 45 seconds)
[ame]

[ame]

OP
OP

stangrob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ruby Red GT PP
Thanks for the tip - I’ll check them out!

Rob

JeffreyDJ

Jedi
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT
I’m leaning toward the AWE Touring, but also considering MBRP Street. I just need more money first. :D

Sponsored

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
Yes you have to cut them off and weld back in, but no new pipe had to be made.

The place I went to cut the old muffler right at end and re-used 100% of the existing piping. The only thing that was replaced was the muffler and tip, and adjusted the hangers.

No new pipe needed to be bent.

I'll get some pics of it for you guys today.

That is correct. They are not at all a bolt in. Custom inlet pipe and muffler hangers are required.
I didn't say bolt-in, obviously you have to cut and weld. But they drop right in without any pipe new fabrication.

hiccup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT black base PP RECAROS
Are there any sound clips out there of the GT500 muffler on an s550?

Laztug

Wanna run dyno slips bro?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Calling out OKC #1 spot after axle back install.
gt500 mufflers and your choice of mid pipe is HARD to beat. :love:

[ame]

[ame]

[ame]
Sponsored