tarabrae

How's the serenity?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Fastback MT
Whilst our brothers and sisters in the big cities are guiding their ponies through dense city traffic, stopping every three blocks for a drink, our Mustangs will be running free with the wild bush brumbies - across the tablelands and over the mountains. When we do venture into the Bush Capital for supplies or work rarely will we need to drop below a canter until the last mile where we'll happily trot up the track to that nice concrete stable where we'll spend the day. Our ponies will spend the day dreaming of the open road before bursting back out into the sunshine for the gallop home, unperturbed by the plods in their wagons named after tug boat captains and sparrows. Finally home, we trot up between the green paddocks to our own stable, ready for a rubdown and some well earned rest.

Hoping to organise a meet up and probably a mountain run at some stage depending on the season. Who do we have in the region? I'm about an hour out of town.

Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
tarabrae

tarabrae

How's the serenity?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)

MustangDownUnder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Very imaginitive, I thought you only had round-a-bouts in the ACT!

Its not a bad drive to Canberra, will probably be in the area at some point, be good to meet up with some more mustang owners!

Might need to set up some of that nascar camber to tackle all the right hand turns though:lol:

Sponsored

Coyote4730

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Geoff
Vehicle(s)
GT 5.0L Race Red - in August hopefully
Also Canberra based. Ordered RR GT 5.0 fastback in early July 2015 - supposedly May 2016 build.

BTW - Just got an email from the pre-delivery coordinator at McGrath trying to flog me overpriced paint etc protection. Having said that I have spoken to the sales boss there, Derek Shulz a couple of times and he is pretty helpful at least. We shall see what they are like when crunch time comes with pre-delivery.

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase
So is it brand new or used?

The seller seems confused.

Coyote4730

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Geoff
Vehicle(s)
GT 5.0L Race Red - in August hopefully
I suspect it's the same one that was mentioned in a "just got my car" post I saw on these forums. Maybe 2-3 weeks ago IIRC. Therefore slightly used :)

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored
OP
OP
tarabrae

tarabrae

How's the serenity?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
Had some good news this morning - Deysha told me that my Mustang arrived in Baltimore yesterday. Logically, they should conserve the momentum of the journey and roll straight up on to one of those ships!

It was the silver lining to a shit day - spent most of it burying one of our real ponies. Only 14 months old and succumbed to colic. :brokenheart:

Stubai

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT (on its way)
Bump.

Hopefully we have more of us from the ACT region join on. For those of you who haven't, we have a Facebook group to. We plan on doing some little cruises and meet ups which if everyone is happy with, we will co-ordinate through the FB group.

OP
OP
tarabrae

tarabrae

How's the serenity?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
Saw a magnetic vert near Canberra Soon-To-Be-International Airport this morning at around 0715 on my way home from night shift.. Only had a fraction of a second glimpse as I negotiated a roundabout so didnt see if EB/GT. Anyone here?

Stubai

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT (on its way)
Cherry Red Gt parked at Deakin shops a few days ago. I missed it but a colleague took a happy snap or two for me.

OP
OP
tarabrae

tarabrae

How's the serenity?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
I'm going to be putting in an order for a UPR oil separator next week. If anyone wants to share postage with me let me know via my post in the Facebook group, or PM me here if you aren't on FB. If we get more than a handful I'll ask for a bulk discount too. Currently it's just me and Stubai.
Sponsored