Sponsored

Account Suspended on Camaro6

titanfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1967 Camaro, 2005 F150 FX4
So I go to log into Camaro6 and it seems my account there has been suspended until April. The last thing I posted was an opinion that I prefer matte black to the gloss black used on the ZL1. Not sure why that was an infraction worth a 30-day suspension? Oh well, jokes on them, I'll just surf/post over there using one of the other two accounts I use periodically.:headbang:
Sponsored

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
So I go to log into Camaro6 and it seems my account there has been suspended until April. The last thing I posted was an opinion that I prefer matte black to the gloss black used on the ZL1. Not sure why that was an infraction worth a 30-day suspension? Oh well, jokes on them, I'll just surf/post over there using one of the other two accounts I use periodically.:headbang:
too funny.

Sponsored

garagelogic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 LX 5.0 Coupe-Coyote Swapped
Vehicle Showcase
Hey, at least they only suspended your account. They outright banned me years ago because I did not say enough positive things about the 5thGen Camaro and only seemed to post in threads where disinformation about the Mustang was being circulated. You know, kind of like all the Camaro acolytes that come over here to "set the record straight" and correct any inaccuracies about that model.

That's the difference between this site and that one. Over there, they talk a good game but when any serious debate unfolds, they quickly shut it down by removing those expressing an opinion that is contrary to the masses or that might put their beloved model in a negative light.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
^^^ This.

I was a member of Camaro5 for about a week years back, until I made an honest statement and was immediately banned for all time.

Bunch of children over there, plain and simple.

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
That's the difference between this site and that one. Over there, they talk a good game but when any serious debate unfolds, they quickly shut it down by removing those expressing an opinion that is contrary to the masses or that might put their beloved model in a negative light.
Kind of sounds like American politics. :frusty:

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I made one single thread there and it's in the top 10 in the versus forum in terms of views and posts. Haven't posted anything else there in ages and my username there has more page views than the one here lmao.

Sponsored

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
I was banned from there back in 2011 for "not showing enough enthusiasm for the Camaro name and brand" and "having been identified as a trouble maker". My last post was support and excitement over the reveal of the Chevrolet SS and how much I loved the Pontiac G8 GT when it came out.

Camaro 5 and Camaro 6 both are GM corporate fronts, sponsored by GM, monitored by GM Media and part of the condition of GM's support for their "Camaro5" and "CamaroSuperFest's" is the strict control of the image of the Camaro. The moderators are given special access to GM's new products (IE Mr Wyndoms aka DragonEye's previous of the 2012 ZL1, 2014 Z/28, 2017 ZL1 and the new Turbo 4) in exchange for strictly limiting anything less than positive on the car. They're very quick to remind members that Camaro6 "is a private forum" and that the freedom of speech does not apply there.

CompO5.sl0w

GTFO_0021
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Trevor
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/PP / 2015 Jeep Rubicon
I was banned from there back in 2011 for "not showing enough enthusiasm for the Camaro name and brand" and "having been identified as a trouble maker". My last post was support and excitement over the reveal of the Chevrolet SS and how much I loved the Pontiac G8 GT when it came out.

Camaro 5 and Camaro 6 both are GM corporate fronts, sponsored by GM, monitored by GM Media and part of the condition of GM's support for their "Camaro5" and "CamaroSuperFest's" is the strict control of the image of the Camaro. The moderators are given special access to GM's new products (IE Mr Wyndoms aka DragonEye's previous of the 2012 ZL1, 2014 Z/28, 2017 ZL1 and the new Turbo 4) in exchange for strictly limiting anything less than positive on the car. They're very quick to remind members that Camaro6 "is a private forum" and that the freedom of speech does not apply there.
Wow, that's deep lol. Never knew about all that. :ninja:

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
In other words, it's not a real, true forum.

Explains a lot.....

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT

I'm sure M6G is loosely similar in its relationship with Ford (except for the Hitler controlling nature). Notice how this forum seems to have all of the inside knowledge and photos before anyone else?

bballr4567

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Pontiac GTO

Quite a few GM based forums are like that actually. All you need to do is get media credentials and you are invited to all kinds of events. Heck, there are A LOT of forums that come to GM events. Im surprised at how many random small websites/forums do get invites and get treated rather nicely. Even saabkyle and suburawrxfan got invites to the T4 introduction and they are just on YT.

Know as far as the whole gm owning the site blah blah, a quick whois search shows the true owners of them.
Sponsored