Sponsored

Acceleration on my '16 V6 automatic isn't consistent.

OP
OP
cmorris975

cmorris975

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
Chris, what color is your car? I'm in CLE Heights as well, and I have a race red GT. I'm sure we've seen each other around the area.

If you're worried about it, take it to the dealer, but they'll tell you nothing is wrong. Are you sure you're not feeling traction control kicking in to stop slip? Mine doesn't really trigger the dash light unless it's doing a lot of work, but I can feel it adjusting power in first and second, depending on conditions. Maybe replicate your behavior and speed range with traction turned all the way off?

A tune will help if you want to go aftermarket.
I'm sure it could be the traction control, I'll have to play with turning it off. As I said, I'm brand new to cars like this so this is a real education for me. My buddy, who drives a manual Cayman and Audi, calls my new Mustang V6 a "gateway car". Indeed it is, I love it and want more but I am still happy and (mostly) satisfied with what I have.

My V6 is a black coupe. I may have seen you around, a red GT rings a bell. On the subject of Cleveland Heights - where do you go around here for a good drive? I moved out here from California a couple years ago and where I am from there's great mountain roads to drive all over the place. Cleveland Heights is full of cops and residential roads where I really can't safely push my car much.
Sponsored

newkidnik

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 5.0
I'm sure it could be the traction control, I'll have to play with turning it off. As I said, I'm brand new to cars like this so this is a real education for me. My buddy, who drives a manual Cayman and Audi, calls my new Mustang V6 a "gateway car". Indeed it is, I love it and want more but I am still happy and (mostly) satisfied with what I have.

My V6 is a black coupe. I may have seen you around, a red GT rings a bell. On the subject of Cleveland Heights - where do you go around here for a good drive? I moved out here from California a couple years ago and where I am from there's great mountain roads to drive all over the place. Cleveland Heights is full of cops and residential roads where I really can't safely push my car much.
I'll keep my eyes out for a black V6 coupe. Stock wheels? This is mine:

I struggle to find decent driving roads. I suppose MLK going to the 90 interchange is twisty, albeit busy. I make my way to the highway when I want to play, but Lake county (Willoughby, Kirtland) seems to have more of what you're looking for. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find anything really rewarding. Local CLE Heights streets are terrible.