Sponsored

AC Radiator Fan Turning and Off very frequently

myjaja

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang 5.0
I have a 2018 mustang gt and just recently every time I turn on the ac, the driver side fan on the radiator turns on for 5 seconds at 100% speed then turns off for around 15 seconds. It'll continue to repeat that pattern over and over again. The passenger side fan on the radiator stays on at low speed though. I believe both fans are supposed to be on at low speeds when the ac is turned on then ramp up when needed? If this is an issue, would it be a relay or radiator fan resistor?
Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
The fan will come on anytime the A/C is used and this also includes when using defroster. If you feel the fan is cycling too often, it could be that your A/C system is low on Freon, or that the A/C pressure switch is faulty.

OP
OP

myjaja

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang 5.0
I actually just figured out the issue. I previously removed a couple of relays to check them for a previous issue I had and when I placed them back, I accidently crossed two different style relays. I just flipped them back to the correct spots and that fixed the issue.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Good detective work! Hopefully this will also help anyone in the future who may have done the same.

I'm surprised fuses didn't blow knowing that the relays were mixed and considering their values would be different for X-components they're tied to for operation.
Sponsored