AC problems

sox3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT 350 Performance Blue
My low pressure hose had a crack at the compressor mounting. Fixed under warranty, waited for it about 2 hrs to replace and charge system.
Sponsored

OP
OP
toothdkdr

toothdkdr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
david
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R oxford white
I ordered the hose $89.00 looks easy to do, the hard end to reach will be where it attaches to the compressor. I will let you know how it turns out.

lenFeb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Len
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 #K0110
Have the same issue last week. We're lucky that Ford put R-134A refrigerant in our cars and not R-1234YT freon. Please, let us know how the repair went for you.

526 HRSE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Grabber Blue
Vehicle Showcase
I wouldn't attempt this unless you do it for a living.

20240515_120009.png

20240515_120115.png

20240515_120144.png

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
I wouldn't attempt this unless you do it for a living.
Ppppfffttttt...those f%$*ing prices are the reason to do it yourself. I do understand charging the system can be intimidating if you don't to a lot of your own work, but changing AC components and charging the system is absolutely a D-I-Y job. But yes, everyone has their limits. Getting to and swapping the compressor on this car is straight forward and easy enough to get to. Just takes the same attention to detail you'd afford any other job.

Sponsored

526 HRSE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Grabber Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Ppppfffttttt...those f%$*ing prices are the reason to do it yourself. I do understand charging the system can be intimidating if you don't to a lot of your own work, but changing AC components and charging the system is absolutely a D-I-Y job. But yes, everyone has their limits. Getting to and swapping the compressor on this car is straight forward and easy enough to get to. Just takes the same attention to detail you'd afford any other job.
$1k in parts. $900 in labor. The entire system needs to be re-done. You can't just do part of it.

If you look halfway up, my warranty covered it.

OP
OP
toothdkdr

toothdkdr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
david
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R oxford white
Have the same issue last week. We're lucky that Ford put R-134A refrigerant in our cars and not R-1234YT freon. Please, let us know how the repair went for you.
I just completed installation of the new low pressure AC hose. All went smooth, like I said before the one nut by the condenser was hard to reach. The only thing I moved was the coolant overflow container, just moved it aside. There was no refrigerant left when I removed the hose. Recharged the system, looked for leeks, none found, cold air is blowing again!! your right about R-134A is was only $9.99 a 12 oz can.

Last edited:

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
$1k in parts. $900 in labor. The entire system needs to be re-done. You can't just do part of it.

If you look halfway up, my warranty covered it.
Agreed. Compressor, condenser, expansion valve from RockAuto for ~$400. Flush the rest of the system. $0 labor. The pleasure of doing it myself and knowing it’s done right…$priceless$

lenFeb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Len
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 #K0110
I just completed installation of the new low pressure AC hose. All went smooth, like I said before the one nut by the condenser was hard to reach. The only thing I moved was the coolant overflow container, just moved it aside. There was no refrigerant left when I removed the hose. Recharged the system, looked for leeks, none found, cold air is blowing again!! your right about R-134A is was only $9.99 for a 12 oz can.
I found a leak in one of the lines (a hair crack in an aluminum tube). I ordered one. Hopefully, this is it.

OP
OP
toothdkdr

toothdkdr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
david
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R oxford white
I found a leak in one of the lines (a hair crack in an aluminum tube). I ordered one. Hopefully, this is it.
I hope thats the answer also, it turned out I had to replace both lines. I made the mistake of over charging the system afterwards which caused it to cycle on and off every few seconds. I bought a better gague and let some refrigerant out, workes great now. I was able to reach both lines through the engine compartment with long socket extensions. Both lines enter the compressor at about the same area so not a bad idea for a few extra bucks to replace the other hose also. To reach the high pressure one you have to remove the low pressure one anyways. Let me know if you need any advice.

Sponsored

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 (#K2503), 2017 Cayman
My GT350 is in the shop for A/C issues for the 5th time.... the car is only 4.5 years old.
First: evaporator... known problem to Ford (part issue).
Second: compressor due to lack of proper flushing from prior repair.
Third: compressor due to lack of proper flushing from prior repair.
Fourth: compressor due to lack of proper flushing from prior repair.
Fifth: evaporator issue again.

I'm not impressed with Ford's evap supplier & my local Ford "technicians" who can't properly flush... its HVAC 101.

I fired the original dealer and convinced a second to take a come-back job & that's where it is now.

I still LOVE my Shelby... the dealership I bought it from has been fired and I have no love for them.
25 days later.................. I got my Shelby back.
Needless to say, I am not impressed with Ford's ability to fix an issue.

I still love my GT350, but the difference between Ford Service and Porsche service is HUGE.

Ford doesn't really care anywhere near the amount that Porsche does for their customers.

Sad... but that is what major US car companies have evolved into.

I still love the Shelby, even though they don't return the favor.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I do wonder if adding a proper tensioner like the old Mustangs had instead of the cheap ass stretch belt will help reduce the failure rate especially at high rpm

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 (#K2503), 2017 Cayman
I do wonder if adding a proper tensioner like the old Mustangs had instead of the cheap ass stretch belt will help reduce the failure rate especially at high rpm
Not for my issue… the evaporator is a known issue within Ford and the TSB’s for the issue. Ford was not able to properly flush the system which resulted in three COMPRESSORS to be destroyed within days to weeks of replacement. If you don’t properly flush the system, small metal particles will find their way into an orifice of the compressor, and grenade it in time.

Just poor service unfortunately.

GAGT350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350, 1983 S10 Sport Pickup
Not for my issue… the evaporator is a known issue within Ford and the TSB’s for the issue. Ford was not able to properly flush the system which resulted in three COMPRESSORS to be destroyed within days to weeks of replacement. If you don’t properly flush the system, small metal particles will find their way into an orifice of the compressor, and grenade it in time.

Just poor service unfortunately.
What dealer? I want to be sure and avoid them!