Sponsored

Absolutely SICK and TIRED of this piss poor paint job. Easily over 20 rock chips.

ChaoticFury09

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium (Automatic - Magnetic)
Mine is also black. Im really thinking this summer I should get the paint fixed for chips from first owner, and then have it wrapped to protect it.

Ive got a little bubbling on the lip of the hood that needs sorted first.
Once I get the new rims on in a week and I clean it I will give you some photos. I have it protected and coated in ceramic and that shine is unbelievable. It really makes me happy. Then I park it at work and come back 8 hours later and it's covered in pollen :(
Sponsored

JackImpact

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Once I get the new rims on in a week and I clean it I will give you some photos. I have it protected and coated in ceramic and that shine is unbelievable. It really makes me happy. Then I park it at work and come back 8 hours later and it's covered in pollen :(
Coated in ceramic? I am unfamiliar sorry. Very novice in this area.

ChaoticFury09

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
Coated in ceramic? I am unfamiliar sorry. Very novice in this area.
Basically there are companies like CQuartz, IGL Kenzo, Ceramic Pro that apply basically a harder layer of clear on your car. It makes it easier to wash, makes water bead up on it and protects the clear coat and paint from scratches. It also usually adds a ton of shine to the car. I would just hop on youtube and google IGL Kenzo or CQuartz and have a look. It doesn't last forever but it's pretty awesome. I never use my windshield wipers now as a long as you are over like 60-70KM it will all come flying off.

JackImpact

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Basically there are companies like CQuartz, IGL Kenzo, Ceramic Pro that apply basically a harder layer of clear on your car. It makes it easier to wash, makes water bead up on it and protects the clear coat and paint from scratches. It also usually adds a ton of shine to the car. I would just hop on youtube and google IGL Kenzo or CQuartz and have a look. It doesn't last forever but it's pretty awesome. I never use my windshield wipers now as a long as you are over like 60-70KM it will all come flying off.
What did that run to have that completed? Cost wise.

MechEngFord

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 401A, Race Red, Black Accent, Red Seats
Did you coat the wheels and plastic trim as well? I'm debating doing the self applied ceramic coating because it's lot cheaper but worried once it starts to fade I'm into a whole day of polishing and stuff to remove and re apply. Initially I was looking at some nice sealant + wax you apply every 3 months or so that Reddit auto detailing steered me too. Don't mind doing the waxing work personally find it enjoyable.

Do you find ceramic is even better than a high end wax? Or similar results that just last longer?

Sponsored

JackImpact

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Just went to check my car and Its got the crazy chipping/scratching infront of the rear wheel. Such is the life of a midwest car I suppose. Guess I should look at investing in a wrap.

MechEngFord

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 401A, Race Red, Black Accent, Red Seats
Just went to check my car and Its got the crazy chipping/scratching infront of the rear wheel. Such is the life of a midwest car I suppose. Guess I should look at investing in a wrap.
Try splash guards too?

FreedomPenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Premium, 2013 Scion tC.
Will having square all around +45 offset replica 19x9.0 wheels and 255/40r19 tires save my paint at all?

fiveoboy01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 LB GT 400A
Ceramic coating does NOT protect from scratching. It's MARGINALLY harder than clear.

You can scratch ceramic with your fingernail just as easily as you can the clearcoat.

It does have many benefits, but scratch resistance isn't one.

It does add a very marginal amount of gloss, but most of that comes from the quality of the polish job before the coating is applied.

Credentials - I'm an IGL certified coating installer.

Brushtrooper

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
I just picked up a used 15’ With 28k miles that I will assume are Texas miles. I live in south Texas and bought it here. Anyways, I too have more rock chips than any other vehicle I have owned, but I bought it knowing that. I did miss some small rust bubbles on the front of the hood. Has anyone had any issues like that? Maybe a recall...HA like I would be that lucky.

Sponsored

JackImpact

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
I just picked up a used 15’ With 28k miles that I will assume are Texas miles. I live in south Texas and bought it here. Anyways, I too have more rock chips than any other vehicle I have owned, but I bought it knowing that. I did miss some small rust bubbles on the front of the hood. Has anyone had any issues like that? Maybe a recall...HA like I would be that lucky.
I literally have the same exact bubbling problem, due to the reflectivity and gray skies during the buying process I did not notice it. It's just some very small amount of the front, but you know how that is it's just going to get to become a bigger problem.

Tickitty Tock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 Kona Blue
Getting into detailing and coming from owning and maintaining modern Japanese cars, my 2019’s paint quality is pretty impressive. I wouldn’t say as good as the German cars tho

ChaoticFury09

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
Did you coat the wheels and plastic trim as well? I'm debating doing the self applied ceramic coating because it's lot cheaper but worried once it starts to fade I'm into a whole day of polishing and stuff to remove and re apply. Initially I was looking at some nice sealant + wax you apply every 3 months or so that Reddit auto detailing steered me too. Don't mind doing the waxing work personally find it enjoyable.

Do you find ceramic is even better than a high end wax? Or similar results that just last longer?
The wheels are done. Plastic trim does not hold onto ceramic very well so I would write that off. If you enjoy waxing you will basically get the same benefits. Since I don't have a house or a driveway I am pretty limited on what I have access to. I would say the results are pretty similar. The only other benefit I have is in the winter snow and ice doesn't really stick. It's kinda cool.

ChaoticFury09

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
Ceramic coating does NOT protect from scratching. It's MARGINALLY harder than clear.

You can scratch ceramic with your fingernail just as easily as you can the clearcoat.

It does have many benefits, but scratch resistance isn't one.

It does add a very marginal amount of gloss, but most of that comes from the quality of the polish job before the coating is applied.

Credentials - I'm an IGL certified coating installer.
This is all true and I hope I didn't give the impression that it would prevent scratching. I really did it for the water beading effect and the ease of cleaning. The paint correction definitely affects the shine after. The photo in my profile is right after it was done and it already had dust on it for example.

Nice to see an IGL certified coating installer. Do you have any feedback on the product from someone who installs it all the time? I am just curious since I had it done instead of ceramic pro.
Sponsored