Sponsored

Absolutely SICK and TIRED of this piss poor paint job. Easily over 20 rock chips.

Blue Moon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
17 Ecoboost Perform Pack Std
:( That's disappointing, @Mazman. I hope Dr Colorchip works better for you. Let us know how it goes.

ChaoticFury09

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium (Automatic - Magnetic)
I heard about the paint quality prior to buying the car. I bought it from a dealer an hour and a half from my house. Even after driving incredibly slow on the way home I had multiple rock chips. I had it taken to a detailer who cleaned it up the best they could and then wrapped the entire front end with Xpel PPF. I have my entire bumper, lights, hood, fenders, mirrors, A pillar, strip on my roof and a few behind the wheels. Since then I have not noticed anything but it was quite an investment to protect the paint.

FreedomPenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Premium, 2013 Scion tC.
I heard about the paint quality prior to buying the car. I bought it from a dealer an hour and a half from my house. Even after driving incredibly slow on the way home I had multiple rock chips. I had it taken to a detailer who cleaned it up the best they could and then wrapped the entire front end with Xpel PPF. I have my entire bumper, lights, hood, fenders, mirrors, A pillar, strip on my roof and a few behind the wheels. Since then I have not noticed anything but it was quite an investment to protect the paint.

How much did you pay may I ask? I got a quote from a expel dealer, expel ultimate plus. Full hood, full bumper, full fenders, headlights, foglights + they wrap around the edges to help hide lines. I got quoted damn 1800 dollars or so. but has 10 year warranty.

I will asking about the pillars + front part of hood, and wheels. if it doesn't cost much more id love to do that.

ChaoticFury09

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
How much did you pay may I ask? I got a quote from a expel dealer, expel ultimate plus. Full hood, full bumper, full fenders, headlights, foglights + they wrap around the edges to help hide lines. I got quoted damn 1800 dollars or so. but has 10 year warranty.
No worries, I am in Canada so I believe I paid $1,750 for the wrap and then $1,000 for the ceramic coating. None of that was including tax FYI. I have the ten year warranty on it, and the stuff is pretty awesome. Only thing to keep in mind is that the wrap can affect how ceramic works due to it's self healing properties. It also doesn't heal very well in the winter since the car never gets hot enough, but as soon as you park it outside on a sunny day and it gets hot all of the scratches disappear. You can also use a heat gun but I don't have access to a garage so that's out for me.

As I mentioned if you don't have mudguards get a strip behind the front and rear wheels, but especially the rears. I had a scratch up above my a-pillar within the first day of me driving it. Another thing to note is that if you do have a scratch or chip after the wrap it's pretty hard to see. If I showed you where it was you could see it or if you were really inspecting it but the wrap does help hide some of it.

Sponsored

FreedomPenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
damn. So he's probably going to charge me 2200-2300. I will try and negotiate some, I doubt the a pillar and section of roof should add much to the cost I'd hope. thanks! I didn't even think about those sections. I dont know much about ceramic coating, never had it before but its as much as the darn expel lol

ChaoticFury09

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
damn. So he's probably going to charge me 2200-2300. I will try and negotiate some, I doubt the a pillar and section of roof should add much to the cost I'd hope. thanks! I didn't even think about those sections. I dont know much about ceramic coating, never had it before but its as much as the darn expel lol
You can always drive up to Toronto and I will put you in touch with my guys. You would save on the conversion from USD to CAD but would have to drive up and leave it with them for a day or two.

See what they will throw in. If you can find a reputable shop with nice guys they are usually good about it. I also got a strip on my trunk from where I always grab it to close it because of how easily that plastic scratches. I figured it would just be easier if I gave you a full list.

• Full Hood
  • Full Bumper
  • Lights
  • Front Fenders
  • Mirrors
  • A-Pillars
  • Roof Line
  • Section behind rear tires
  • Trunk section

FreedomPenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
Unfortunately, the way it works with Xpel is they honor warranty at the original installer, if I went to Toronto installed it and had warranty issues I'd have to keep going back, hotel cost etc. The people here do great they wrap lambos Ferraris etc weekly. Its just they charge a higher premium prob a good 20% but I cant say as there isn't any competition around to compare.

Thanks for the info and such.! I am definitely going to see if they can wrap all that for me, I will try and haggle some too.

ChaoticFury09

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
Unfortunately, the way it works with Xpel is they honor warranty at the original installer, if I went to Toronto installed it and had warranty issues I'd have to keep going back, hotel cost etc. The people here do great they wrap lambos Ferraris etc weekly. Its just they charge a higher premium prob a good 20% but I cant say as there isn't any competition around to compare.

Thanks for the info and such.! I am definitely going to see if they can wrap all that for me, I will try and haggle some too.
Good luck! I actually had horrible issues with my initial installer, I am sure the photos are on the forum somewhere. Xpel had me go to someone else so I am not sure if that still applies to the original installer only but I bet they prefer it.

FreedomPenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
Good luck! I actually had horrible issues with my initial installer, I am sure the photos are on the forum somewhere. Xpel had me go to someone else so I am not sure if that still applies to the original installer only but I bet they prefer it.
yeah, I am sure you'd be good on xpels part. but in general, they pay the labor of the original installer unless special exceptions like your bad experiences. guess that solidifies me getting it done at this high end place, they do great work. just charge a tad more than I like. im getting it done regardless.

Sponsored

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP1 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
You can have a look at the video I posted on the previous page to get a good feel of the areas covered and how it looks.

I have a custom piece in front of the rear wheels as well.

Last edited:

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP1 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
:( That's disappointing, @Mazman. I hope Dr Colorchip works better for you. Let us know how it goes.
Indeed it is...

Will give an update once the dr colorchip has been applied.

ChaoticFury09

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
You guys are making me want to get the paint fixed, then wrap this car.
Some people really don't care about aesthetics, but I really do. I will warn you though, it's a slippery slope. I have a black car and every time I have a scratch I want to lose it. I have a friend who could care less how his car looks no matter how much I try to talk him into it. I see it as an extension of my personality. I figure it's why people do rims and other things.

Plus once you see that shine and it's clean, can't beat it.

JackImpact

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Some people really don't care about aesthetics, but I really do. I will warn you though, it's a slippery slope. I have a black car and every time I have a scratch I want to lose it. I have a friend who could care less how his car looks no matter how much I try to talk him into it. I see it as an extension of my personality. I figure it's why people do rims and other things.

Plus once you see that shine and it's clean, can't beat it.
Mine is also black. Im really thinking this summer I should get the paint fixed for chips from first owner, and then have it wrapped to protect it.

Ive got a little bubbling on the lip of the hood that needs sorted first.
Sponsored