ABS Bypass Mod for launching

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I have conversed with a few members on what it would take to bypass the ABS via the nanny plug, without disabling the line lock feature. Today, I received my aftermarket bypass kit and have confirmed that the wiring is in fact, in the same location on both the factory nanny plug and the aftermarket bypass plug. With that being said and just as others have suggested, one could make their own if they’re willing to cut the loop on their factory nanny plug, extend the wiring to reach into the interior of the car and add a SPST switch.

IMG_6228.jpeg
Sponsored

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
As I told you before, it'll disable the ABS/LINE LOCK/Electronic steering, along with TC & Advance track. It won't leave anything intact.

OP
OP
NGOT8R

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
As I told you before, it'll disable the ABS/LINE LOCK/Electronic steering, along with TC & Advance track. It won't leave anything intact.
Exactly. I’ve tested it many times and the downside was, I lost the use of my line loc feature and couldn’t do a burnout without power-braking. I had been looking for a workaround to keep the line lock active, while disabling everything else. I just wasn’t willing to cut my nanny plug, not knowing beforehand whether that was the thing to do. Of course, I and others had suspected that was all that needed to be done, but I could find no one who had actually done it themselves. Now that I have the aftermarket kit in hand, I have confirmed this, which in turn, could save others the $$$ that I spent for conformation, should they want to do this mod using their factory plug.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
oh I get what yer saying. Just put it on a toggle. When yer done the burnout flip it back. My bad.

OP
OP
NGOT8R

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
The other big thing with this mod or unplugging the nanny plug is, it appears to clear up the Suspension Fault - Speed Limited to 80 MPH warning on the dash that I have been getting occasionally (even with Shock Delete Engineering sensor deletes), as a result of removing my rear magneride shocks and replacing them with Vikings.

Sponsored

deanm11

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dean
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT A10
OP or whomever, would you please clarify the original problem to be solved? What was the ABS doing or not doing during runs? In my runs, I thought I was getting everything I needed by leaving the dyno plug connected and turning off all advancetrace by holding the interior button that approx. 10 sec. Line lock was available and the run (seemed) unimpeded by any nannies. (2022 10r80 car)

OP
OP
NGOT8R

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
OP or whomever, would you please clarify the original problem to be solved? What was the ABS doing or not doing during runs? In my runs, I thought I was getting everything I needed by leaving the dyno plug connected and turning off all advancetrace by holding the interior button that approx. 10 sec. Line lock was available and the run (seemed) unimpeded by any nannies. (2022 10r80 car)
For me it was a couple of things.

1. I would occasionally get the Suspension Fault - Speed Limited to 80 MPH. This would happen occasionally on the road during normal driving and it also happened at the track on a pass. The reasoning behind the Suspension Fault message was because I removed my rear Magneride shocks and put on KellTrac Ultra Spec Inverted double adjustable Viking shocks. Once I did that, I had to keep the PCM thinking that the Magneride suspension was still intact. To accomplish this, I installed Shock Delete Engineering sensors where the Magneride shocks plugged into the factory harness. This worked a good portion of the time, but not all of the time.

I discovered that disconnecting the nanny plug was the workaround to keep the car from being neutered by the Suspension Fault mode. The only problem with that was, it disabled the line lock and I needed that to stay active.

2. With the ABS Bypass Mod, I can instantly enable/disable the ABS/Adv. Trac systems for pre/post burnout, by pushing the red button on the right side of my steering wheel.

3. The less I have to do inside the car to get it ready for a pass, the better off I’ll be. I‘ve forgotten to turn ABS/Adv. Trac back off a couple of times when the track officials would have me shut the car off, just as I’m about to pull onto the track, so that they could pull cars from other lanes or something, to make passes ahead of me. In addition to cycling through Track Apps for the line lock, I also have to worry about turning my clutch slipper system on, just as I’m coming out of the burnout, putting the car on the 2 Step, holding and releasing the trigger button for the clutch slipper system with my right hand, and dumping the clutch at the same time when the tree drops.

Here’s a video of the car going into Suspension Fault mode on what could have a decent pass. The car fell right on its face when the speed reached 80 MPH.

IMG_5036.png

IMG_6243.png

IMG_6233.png

Last edited:

Cordero1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang
So is this just an issue/fix for magnaride equipped cars?

Sponsored
OP
OP
NGOT8R

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
So is this just an issue/fix for magnaride equipped cars?
Yes for Magneride cars when switching shocks, although I have read on here where some cars with unaltered Magneride systems
have experienced the Speed Fault mode issue.

OP
OP
NGOT8R

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
It does work on 10R80 cars too. M6G member Cornyote has one on his. See his video here.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
It does work on 10R80 cars too.
Yeah it does BUT the don't have to worry about the PCM killing power with to hard of a launch. Unlike us manual guys.

Funny though... all these tuners see to forget that aspect of manual trans cars.

Cordero1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang
It does work on 10R80 cars too. M6G member Cornyote has one on his. See his video here.

Well this is good to know. Thanks for sharing

OP
OP
NGOT8R

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Yeah it does BUT the don't have to worry about the PCM killing power with to hard of a launch. Unlike us manual guys.

Funny though... all these tuners see to forget that aspect of manual trans cars.
That’s true! I wish it were that easy in a manual car. Wouldn’t it be nice to cut some good sixties launching at 1800-2200 in a manual?
Sponsored