A/C Problem

b00sted

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost - 2011 Ford F150 Ecoboost
Hey guys, 2015, 6k miles on it. I've noticed themail last couple trips in the car the a/c didn't seem cold. Today I had a chance to look into it and need an opinion before it goes to the dealer. My car is a non-pp base model so I have 2 outside vents and the three in the center. My right outside vent and the right most center vent blow ice cold. The middle, left most, and left outside vent are not blowing cold at all. That leads me to believe it's not a system issue but some kind of electrical issue in the vent doors or something of that nature. Would you guysay agree? Both fans are running as well. I was hoping it was something I could look at myself just to get it working on full cold until I get back from vacation and can get it to the dealer.
Sponsored

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
I think you are probably low on refrigerant.
The base does not have dual climate control.

OP
OP

b00sted

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
That would just be odd to me but definitely possible. It will still have blend door actuators. If the ac is on max cold it blows cold. If I move it up just a couple clicks it begins blowing much warmer. I just noticed that as I was out playing with it.

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
That would just be odd to me but definitely possible. It will still have blend door actuators. If the ac is on max cold it blows cold. If I move it up just a couple clicks it begins blowing much warmer. I just noticed that as I was out playing with it.
That seems like a stuck/bent door.

ibinubu12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang 2.3L Premium MT82 EB PP
Single Zone systems have one blend door actuator, Dual Zone systems have two. On the Single Zone system the two blend doors are mechanically linked together.

Sponsored

OP
OP

b00sted

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Well Ford looked at the car today. Their reasoning? Low on refrigerant. But wait, there is more! They claim the line from my oil catch can pushed against the a/c line and "possibly caused a leak" so based on modifications they will let me slide on labor and just charge me for the freon. Mind you, there is zero tension in the oil catch can lines. They call and tell me the car is done I get 2 minutes from the dealership and they call back saying they were wrong its not done, they are doing a dye test and want to keep it overnight to see if it leaks down. That dealership is about to get told to shove their freon charge up their ass. There are tons of documented cases here with a/c issues, some explaining the exact same symptons. Very unhappy with Ford about this.

OP
OP

b00sted

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Just to keep the thread updated. Bad evaporator. Part will be in tomorrow and hopefully have the car back on Friday. Service manager agreed on the bogus catch can line comment.

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
Just to keep the thread updated. Bad evaporator. Part will be in tomorrow and hopefully have the car back on Friday. Service manager agreed on the bogus catch can line comment.
Seems like pretty common issues.

JustPlainJay

JustPlainJay
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
My evaporator is diagnosed bad, also. On a two week back order.

PRG3k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Turbo
Ugh, evaporator=total dash disassembly. Just be glad its not you doing it. [MENTION=17473]JustPlainJay[/MENTION] , what dealership would that be. I'm looking for one in Orlando with a decent service rep.

JustPlainJay

JustPlainJay
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I'm using Ford of Clermont. 800-313-9787.
Sponsored