Sponsored

A/C Evaporator Factory Defect

MyFirst5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 deep impact blue premium gt
got a loaner for a few days, my dealer says he has done a bunch of them, hopefully get it back by thursday, the gave me a pos fiesta, but ya know what, its got ac, so i dont give a crap..lol
Sponsored

Stripler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang
If my A/C goes out, I'm just going to live with it. My thinking is that if the A/C craps out on every Mustang and a new version of the evap core is put in them, then mine will be the only original mustang of this generation left!

I can see it now on the auction blocks in 2050... "Folks this is an original - it even comes with the broken A/C that all of these cars suffered, but this person is the only one who never had it repaired/replaced with the updated part."

:lol:

Seriously, this is the one thing I fear with my car and I feel for you all who have gone through this - some multiple times.

TetVet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I wonder if there is or will be an aftermarket non-OEM AC system offered at some point for the Mustang that fixes this issue. That might be the way the go if keeping the car is in the plan. I did a Google search but didn't find anything. Maybe AC parts aren't lucrative enough for aftermarket companies to build out?

I'm also curious why in 2015, Air Conditioning technology hasn't come far enough to not leak refrigerant at a prodigious pace. Or how the component can be revised through multiple iterations without solving the problem the revision was meant to solve.
Try calling Vintage Air or Classic Air. Do a search, they have websites. If anybody has a fix or aftermarket replacement its probably one of them.

Malcornelius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver Mustang GT Premium PP Paxton
Another AC bites the dust. 2016 GT Premium PP with just over 12,000 miles.

solodogg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
Mine goes in monday morning for diagnostics at Prestige Ford in Mt. Dora. Still blowing cool for the moment out of the passenger side vents, but I suspect it will go out prior to making it to the dealer.

Keeping my fingers crossed that I don't get a recharge and sent on my way since the 3/36 warranty expires next month...

Sponsored

VirginiaF1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard V6 051 Auto
Mine goes in monday morning for diagnostics at Prestige Ford in Mt. Dora. Still blowing cool for the moment out of the passenger side vents, but I suspect it will go out prior to making it to the dealer.

Keeping my fingers crossed that I don't get a recharge and sent on my way since the 3/36 warranty expires next month...
https://www.floodfordesp.com/index.php
Owing to this forum, for just $1,170 I just covered my 34k '15 until 2022 or 125k.
BaseCare

No brainer..

ricardocabesa

STD free
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT w/PP
I had a '17 EB for 3 months,built 6/16/16 and purchased 6-22/17. I had it at the dealer 2x in the 1st month for A/C not cooling properly. Factory put too much Freon in,so they drained and refiled with proper amount and it cooled slightly better. We had a hot summer. Back 2 weeks later due to insufficient cooling. It cooled better when I left but was back to poor cooling 2 days later. Either these morons aren't aware of the evap issue or they just refused to order and replace it. Fast forward to 8 days ago and I bought a GT. The fooking A/C is so cold,I have to keep the fan on the 2nd lowest setting.
So now I know how cold the A/C can and should be in an S550! Night and day difference. The build date for the GT is almost a year later,359 days to be exact. Don't know if the build date has any bearing on the issue.

Last edited:

solodogg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
https://www.floodfordesp.com/index.php
Owing to this forum, for just $1,170 I just covered my 34k '15 until 2022 or 125k.
BaseCare

No brainer..
Have definitely considered it, but the only thing on the car I wouldn't be willing to fix on my own would be the evaporator, so I'm not sure the warranty would be worth it. This should definitely be a TSB issue, and I guess it's possible they will eventually create one since the first 2015's will be running past 3 year bumper to bumper this month.

I did get a call back from the dealer today, evaporator core as suspected. Car will be put back together in the morning, and I will try to update this post with the part number used for replacement. The evaporator that was replaced last August failed at the same weld they all have an issue with...:doh:

BeauxXL1200

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ralph
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP Ruby Red
Recharged the system on 7/23 with a gas that also has a sealant in it. It's still blowing cold. Could I be so lucky to have fixed the obviously defective evaporator core?

MyFirst5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dealer called.. Car is done after a week.. Evaporator replaced and they did the tsb on the cooled seats.. I will get it tomorrow as I'm out of town for work.. I'm curious what the part number for the evaporator was

Sponsored

plc268

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Race Red
Getting ready to take my car in for the third time. Noticed driver temps are noticeably warmer than passenger side again. Tired of this garbage. Only got about 6k miles left on my warranty.

Had the same problem as last time, techs replaced a leaking shrader valve or something and was fixed for a whopping 2 months.

I guess once the warranty is up, if the AC goes out again I'll be sweating my ass off because I'm not paying to fix something that'll break so easily.

MyFirst5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Getting ready to take my car in for the third time. Noticed driver temps are noticeably warmer than passenger side again. Tired of this garbage. Only got about 6k miles left on my warranty.

Had the same problem as last time, techs replaced a leaking shrader valve or something and was fixed for a whopping 2 months.

I guess once the warranty is up, if the AC goes out again I'll be sweating my ass off because I'm not paying to fix something that'll break so easily.
did they ever replace the evap core?

plc268

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Race Red
did they ever replace the evap core?
Nope. They should have, but they went for the quick easy fix. I was annoyed at the time, but it was fixed, and had my doubts whether or not it would hold. Obviously it didn't.

The first failure was a compressor failure, that was fixed February 2017. Second failure was evap core, and was "fixed" August 2017.

MyFirst5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nope. They should have, but they went for the quick easy fix. I was annoyed at the time, but it was fixed, and had my doubts whether or not it would hold. Obviously it didn't.

The first failure was a compressor failure, that was fixed February 2017. Second failure was evap core, and was "fixed" August 2017.
thats some BS. you live in texas too, your dealer should have known about it. mine just replaced it, im sure there did their "tests" but im glad it done as he told me they did quite a few..

Ground Speed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 White EB+PP
thats some BS. you live in texas too, your dealer should have known about it. mine just replaced it, im sure there did their "tests" but im glad it done as he told me they did quite a few..
100% agree. Every Ford dealership from El Paso to Miami should know about this issue by now. :tsk:
Sponsored