Sponsored

HGFireHazard

Mustang Enthusiast
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Skip the 999. SVT is the way to go. Lately SVT has been given the back seat behind the Shelby name, and I think it's time to change that back. With the Focus (and Fiesta) using the ST moniker, the only really front seat SVT vehicle we've had is the Raptor.

Bring SVT loud and proud, and don't relegate it to just the wheel center caps.
Sponsored

Backorder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Tiguan...:-(
Yeah, I don't really believe this one...that would be ridiculous. I have more faith in ford than that. However, my optimism usually fails me :-(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fox9350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 5.0 GT (former car)
The major thing about brands is that it can take years to build a brand and establish that brand. The same product that people currently like suddenly being marketed under a completely new brand can fail simply because of unfamiliarity. I'm not saying people are suddenly going to stop buying flagship model Mustangs because they're now called 999 instead of SVT. The Biggest brand 'Mustang' would still be there....But the SVT marquee does have some historical value, familiarity and a good reputation, even if it only goes back to early 90s and its predecessor SVO a few years prior to that. If I were Ford, I wouldn't be quick to throw it away, because all they're doing is swapping out for 3 new characters, in this case SVT-->999. How would that solve the issues they mentioned regarding consistent badging, confusion with other brands like Shelby etc? In fact it would create more customer confusion because now you've got yet another brand in the mix that no one has ever heard of.

Sponsored

eric n

HNIC/Head Ninja in Charge
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ericnolan.com
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
16 Shelby RR B&W stripes GT350 G0249
count me as PRO SVT.

Swoope

Zoom-Freakin'-Zoom
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
15 GTI PP / 04 Rx8 track car
i still like svo over svt. but those should be the choice.

beers

tbonez3858

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bat mobile
I actually like it a lot. If they had three black 9s in thick letters as their logo it would look sick. Im a little tired of the letters....AMG, M , SVT, V, NISMO, etc...

Sponsored

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
There is NO REASON to be changing the name, or thinking up a new ones. This is fraking dumb...! & pointless..!!

Zero wrong with SVT/SV0

minicobra

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.thebandpetroleum.com
First Name
Braden
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Premium GT/PP
Since Ford is now going international with their Mustang, maybe it should be called something like: Special High Performance International Team.
Or SHIT. :D

999, I don't think so, come up with something better, or just stick with SVT.
Starting over and rebranding now, after SVT has such a recognizable nameplate is just stupid. Coming from a marketing background, what do they have to gain by changing the name to 999? and is SVT not working or outdated?

Example: A company starts 50 years ago manufacturing fuel systems for cars and calls itself HPC incorporated. High Performance Carburetors.
probably time to update the name, not that people don't buy carburetors still, but you get the idea.

Maybe Shelby should change their name to Carol Cars, has a nice ring too it :p

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
Since Ford is now going international with their Mustang, maybe it should be called something like: Special High Performance International Team.
Or SHIT. :D

999, I don't think so, come up with something better, or just stick with SVT.
Starting over and rebranding now, after SVT has such a recognizable nameplate is just stupid. Coming from a marketing background, what do they have to gain by changing the name to 999? and is SVT not working or outdated?

Example: A company starts 50 years ago manufacturing fuel systems for cars and calls itself HPC incorporated. High Performance Carburetors.
probably time to update the name, not that people don't buy carburetors still, but you get the idea.

Maybe Shelby should change their name to Carol Cars, has a nice ring too it :p

:thumbsup: thnx for the laugh..

Why not jst 666..? At least that has meaning.. lol.

FATTBoss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Boss 302
I say keep SVT, it has equity and meaning to modern customers. I think they only changed it from SVO to SVT because the Mustang SVO was not a successful effort, so they wanted to distance themselves from it. Only in hindsight is the SVO seen as a legit Mustang, and even now those that see it are in the minority.

Just to add some background, I was a employee at a Ford dealer when the SVO was new. I was just 18, but I thought the SVO was the coolest thing ever. None of my friends, and very few co-workers, agreed with that opinion.
Sponsored