Sponsored

$750 Private Cash Offer

Legacykid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' CO EB
Went to my dealership today and showed them this offer they told me to call ford. I did and they told me I can not use it. sucks

order placed on the 9th of May, EDD is on the 21st of June
Sponsored

XDsm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
I got a private cash offer of $750 that says it applies to 2016 models. Problem is that it expires on August 6th. My ordered 2016 GT will not be here by then. My dealer said that if the coupon expires before delivery then it can't be used. Is this true? Is the coupon able to be incentive protected?

angermgmt14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium--Oxford White--A6
I believe the dealer has to contact Ford to get it approved to be used after the expiration date. PM Ford Service on here and ask them for the details, but I'm pretty sure you can still use it.

turtleboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 EB
I got a private cash offer of $750 that says it applies to 2016 models. Problem is that it expires on August 6th. My ordered 2016 GT will not be here by then. My dealer said that if the coupon expires before delivery then it can't be used. Is this true? Is the coupon able to be incentive protected?
How did you get it? My dealer said if I still get one within a reasonable time they will write me a check for it.

ry1980

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT 350 convenience pk, shadow black
I placed an order for 2016 gt premium on 6/9 and was trying to time ordering various brochures with hopes of receiving a private cash offer. Yesterday's mail along with a lot of junk mail had such an offer for $750. I had almost thrown it in trash with other junk.

Now the long wait with hopes that the car arrives before expiration date of 9/7. According to the Ford rep on our site (thank you Deysha), arrival to dealership could be on 9/1. So, we will see.

Reactions: 113

Sponsored

XDsm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
How did you get it? My dealer said if I still get one within a reasonable time they will write me a check for it.
I just requested brochures for different vehicles on Ford's site. I requested both snail mail and email. The offer came via email.

Looks like it was for nothing though as the offer won't be accepted past the expiration. I will have to try again once I have some kind of idea when my car will be coming. At this point it looks like it's going to be a few months.

StangMan04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
I just requested brochures for different vehicles on Ford's site. I requested both snail mail and email. The offer came via email.

Looks like it was for nothing though as the offer won't be accepted past the expiration. I will have to try again once I have some kind of idea when my car will be coming. At this point it looks like it's going to be a few months.
How did you request the email version? I see the snail mail brochure, but not the email.

PonyGrrrl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeanne
Vehicle(s)
16 Cadillac ATS V Coupe
Guys, they can get the private cash protected. Don't listen to the dealers, they are 100% incorrect. All they have to do is call Program HQ and ask that it be protected, Program HQ will ask for your VIN and that's it. The program is called Incentive Protection and it is real, most dealers are either too lazy to bother or are unaware of the program. I had a $750 rebate from EAA and it expired 1/1 and I took delivery on 1/23 and made my dealer call and get it protected and he did. There's a thread about it from January and I will go back and find the number for you and post back.

Edit: Here's the e mail address and phone number for Program HQ
Ford Program HQ

[email protected]

1-877-296-9427

XDsm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
How did you request the email version? I see the snail mail brochure, but not the email.
I went to a vehicle information page on Ford's site. Then went to Get Updates. It asks if you want to be mailed information or emailed. You can select one or both.

XDsm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
Guys, they can get the private cash protected. Don't listen to the dealers, they are 100% incorrect. All they have to do is call Program HQ and ask that it be protected, Program HQ will ask for your VIN and that's it. The program is called Incentive Protection and it is real, most dealers are either too lazy to bother or are unaware of the program. I had a $750 rebate from EAA and it expired 1/1 and I took delivery on 1/23 and made my dealer call and get it protected and he did. There's a thread about it from January and I will go back and find the number for you and post back.

Edit: Here's the e mail address and phone number for Program HQ
Ford Program HQ

[email protected]

1-877-296-9427

I think the problem is that I do not have a VIN yet. At this point I may not have a VIN before the cutoff date either.

Does anyone have any kind of documentation or something in writing that says the private cash offers can be protected?

Sponsored

PonyGrrrl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeanne
Vehicle(s)
16 Cadillac ATS V Coupe
I think the problem is that I do not have a VIN yet. At this point I may not have a VIN before the cutoff date either.

Does anyone have any kind of documentation or something in writing that says the private cash offers can be protected?

You don't need documentation from anyone. Just send an e mail to program HQ, don't worry about the cutoff date. My dealer got mine protected 3 weeks after the expiration, as long as you have the private cash offer they can get it protected. I got the $750 incentive a month after placing my order and I was able to use it 3 weeks after it's expiration date.

Hang on I have an e mail from Program HQ that I will copy and paste.

Edit:
This was the explanation from Order Protection HQ on how the program works.

The way incentive protection works is we protect the total amounts of rebates at the time of order, then at the time of delivery if the customer does not have the same total available then we would make-up the difference.

For example at the time of order the customers total amount of rebates is $5000.

At the time of Delivery the total amount of rebates available to the customer is $4000, incentive protection will authorize your claim for $1000, to make-up the difference.

If you have any more questions please contact us.

Thank you,

Ford Program HQ

[email protected]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

XDsm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
Hmmm. I sent an email to the Help address to see what they say. If it can be protected that would be great but with my dealer I feel like I am going to need something to give proof. Thanks for the information :cheers:

PonyGrrrl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeanne
Vehicle(s)
16 Cadillac ATS V Coupe
Hmmm. I sent an email to the Help address to see what they say. If it can be protected that would be great but with my dealer I feel like I am going to need something to give proof. Thanks for the information :cheers:

All current incentives can be protected so get all the program numbers for all of the current incentives so you can get them protected when you get your VIN. Did you use XPLAN when you ordered?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

FordService

Ford Customer Care
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I believe the dealer has to contact Ford to get it approved to be used after the expiration date. PM Ford Service on here and ask them for the details, but I'm pretty sure you can still use it.
From all of the info I’ve gathered, all dealerships have the option to lock in incentives, guys. But, not all incentives are able to be protected. Most do ask for a deposit on orders, have their own deposit refund policy, and may not be the same amount all across the board. However, they all have the last say on incentives at the time of sale (unless expired).

Brochures sent out with a $750 offer are based on select marketing criteria. Not every brochure will have one. Available incentives for your area (by ZIP) can also be found here. You can verify eligibility with your selling dealer as all offers are subject to change. Your dealer can check any incentive that applies to you at the time of the sale in their system.

I placed an order for 2016 gt premium on 6/9 and was trying to time ordering various brochures with hopes of receiving a private cash offer. Yesterday's mail along with a lot of junk mail had such an offer for $750. I had almost thrown it in trash with other junk.

Now the long wait with hopes that the car arrives before expiration date of 9/7. According to the Ford rep on our site (thank you Deysha), arrival to dealership could be on 9/1. So, we will see.
You're very welcome, ry1980!

Deysha

5.0Fireman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Stuff
From all of the info I’ve gathered, all dealerships have the option to lock in incentives, guys. But, not all incentives are able to be protected. Most do ask for a deposit on orders, have their own deposit refund policy, and may not be the same amount all across the board. However, they all have the last say on incentives at the time of sale (unless expired).

Brochures sent out with a $750 offer are based on select marketing criteria. Not every brochure will have one. Available incentives for your area (by ZIP) can also be found here. You can verify eligibility with your selling dealer as all offers are subject to change. Your dealer can check any incentive that applies to you at the time of the sale in their system.

You're very welcome, ry1980!

Deysha
I really hope my dealer locked in my private $$ (expired 15 June). I ordered the car late May with an out the door price. I see the lease conquest and $500 were extended so that will be ok. And if all else fails, I have the $750 ecoboost challenge coupon :D
Sponsored