Sponsored

7 months in and a little bit of regret.

Alloye

Stangoholic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
:shrug: I actually love the S550 front fascia.
Sponsored

Mr Monte

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT Premium
One thing about the 13-14 I'll never unsee is how the grill fog lights looke like buck teeth. Kind of makes the front look like a droopy dog.
I fixed that with mine.

Chameleon

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ebay.com
Vehicle(s)
03' Cobra, 05' GT, 13' GT, 15' GT
You will always want something different. nature of the beast. (Pun intended)

blkandgud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT Premium
As a fan of both the S197 and the S550, the Premium interior of the S197 (well, from 2010-2014) never bothered me. But, there's a difference between a 2006 GT premium and a 2013 GT premium, and to me, the 10-14 gen was leaps and bounds better than the cave of the 05-09. It was actually very nice with the red leather, NAV and glass roof combo. The S550 doesn't even have that feature. Yes the new interior is better, but to be honest, I rather liked the simpler steering wheel over the S550 steering wheel with 1028383 buttons on it for no reason. Materials are better, but at the end of the day, I'm not going to be feeling on my dashboard everyday being like "ohhh darn this hard plastic surface" and squeezing on it just because. It becomes a moot point after a while.

Not to mention, the S550 backseats are a COMPLETE joke compared to the S197 generation. They are completely worthless and unusable unless you have a 7 year old kid or so.

Ride quality and handling are much improved over the S197, I give it that. But it is honestly quite laughable to read these comments about the 10-14 S197 being a craphole compared to the new car. Let's be real and honest, the S550 stang's interior still has QUITE a way to go to get into a good quality interior like an Audi/BMW level. (still quite a bit of cheap hard plastic and that chrome stuff all over the place). It's better, but let's not get overblown.

Highwayman

Been there.. Done that..
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kraig
Vehicle(s)
15 OW Base GT/PP/Recarros,Built STI,Built Jeep JK
You can't see the front end looks from the driver seat.... The 550 is the better driver car....

Unless you spend the majority of your drive time eye googling it in the garage before you drive, I don't see what you're thinking....

And yes, I also prefer the front end of the 197. Is that enough to lose all the "important stuff" upgrades and the better driving car from the 550 for one? I'd say hell no.

Sponsored

Mgsouthwest2001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT C/S
I like everything about my new 15 better than the 13 I had. As far as looks go, I don't think its even close. The new body style front to back looks better and meaner to me. Prettiest mustang I have ever owned and I have had 5 of them now. No regrets here.

70sstrat08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST
I was cross shopping the 13/14s with the 15s.

My 2c: The base 14 GT feels like a boat the track pack 14 is similar on smooth roads. The big difference to me was the 5.0 in the 15 was more rev happy.

I've only driven a 13 boss a few miles but I think if you like the styling way better you'll be just as happy with it.

However, if you want to load on the miles or don't want to have to "babby" a boss stick with the 15. Modd it to your hearts content. Heck you could even do a roush front fascia.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

ATLalien

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT PP
In the looks dept, I think the S550 wins on the whole, despite the front end. GT to GT, I prefer the S550 all things considered, but a Boss could be worth going back a generation for.

I did like my S197 though and think it was stronger in a couple of ways. See my "old" write up if you're interested:
http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25143

15wile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
The exterior of the 13/14 S197s was very nice. Even though the S550 exterior has grown on me, I still really like the 13s and 14s -- just as much, actually.

But the interior, and pretty much everything else about the car, I like better on the S550s. Still, if someone wanted to donate a Boss 302 to the cause, I'd happily take one.

Old 5 Oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium AT
Still, if someone wanted to donate a Boss 302 to the cause, I'd happily take one.
Let's see . . . .15 and $500 payments, or 13 Boss 302 and no payments . . . I'm with you!

But since one actually costs about as much as the other, I'll keep my 15 all day and twice on Sunday.

Sponsored

Tim Hilliard

Happy Owner
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Guard 300A PP Recaro
Let's see . . . .15 and $500 payments, or 13 Boss 302 and no payments . . . I'm with you!

But since one actually costs about as much as the other, I'll keep my 15 all day and twice on Sunday.
Clean ones in my area were about 7-9K more than my '15, why I have a '15 and really happy I do.

Sinister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
The S550 makes the S197 look dated IMO. No way I'd give up my car for one.

BluByeU

M6G SoCal Cruisers
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob HT
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium GTPP Recaros & Shaker 401a
I got my mustang 7 months ago and I thought it looked so much better than the s197. But now Im not so sure. The s197 is boxy and looks big compared to the s550 but I actually like that look now. It reminds me of a muscle car when I look at it. Not that the s550 doesn't look amazing but I think the front of the car doesn't look all that great now. The s197 looks much more aggressive imo.

I love my car and I love the interior but honestly how much time do we spend touching the interior. The interior looks much better than the s197 but I really don't care so much about that, along as I have a great steering wheel, good seats and bluetooth I'm good. So what are your opinions on this? I know the majority of you are going to disagree with me but I am curious what you guys think. Also the downgrade from the IRS to the solid rear axle is a concern but I have never drove a s197.

I was thinking of trading in my car for a s197. Preferability a gt500 or boss 302. How much would I lose. I am not even close to actually doing this but I was just curious.
I was being prodded to purchase a 2007 Shelby GT 500 with low mileage. I didn't hesitate in purchasing my S550. GT 500 is a great car but I felt this new Stang was/is a better platform.

GPhilly04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost 6MT
Let's be real and honest, the S550 stang's interior still has QUITE a way to go to get into a good quality interior like an Audi/BMW level. (still quite a bit of cheap hard plastic and that chrome stuff all over the place). It's better, but let's not get overblown.
What does a comparably priced Audi/BMW have that the S550 doesn't (other than more "soft touch" surfaces)?

The S550 Premium has leather, heated/cooled seats, hands free calling/voice commands, touch screen, dual climate control, etc, etc. For my money, I'll save the 10k versus getting a BMW. I get more HP and basically the same interior, with the exception of a slightly harder armrest...

MagneticA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Manual v6 Mustang
What does a comparably priced Audi/BMW have that the S550 doesn't (other than more "soft touch" surfaces)?

The S550 Premium has leather, heated/cooled seats, hands free calling/voice commands, touch screen, dual climate control, etc, etc. For my money, I'll save the 10k versus getting a BMW. I get more HP and basically the same interior, with the exception of a slightly harder armrest...
More space in the back.
Sponsored