Sponsored

50th anniversary Mustang marketing campaign has begun

OP
OP

K.Lysius

In the future, you will be able to order your Mustang (and eventually ALL Ford products) directly from your home computer. As it is already, you can take a virtual tour of your car before it is produced... Eventually, Ford will take it a step further...

You will be able to take your virtual order to race tracks all around the world and race your car while the real thing is being made... Gran Turismo style.

Forget all the previous methods of entertaining customers in the waiting room... Give them a virtual loaner while their car is built is a great way to keep them occupied. Letting them use their creations on virtual test tracks could also give the customer a chance to live in the car a little. It could possibly inspire changes based on their own experience with the car... Great marketing tool!!!
Hopefully the traditional salesroom/salesperson experience is gradually getting overhauled. Tesla's experience and process is a step in the right direction and hoepfully automakers will offer a completely virtual buying experience at some point.
Sponsored

Lavien

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
What is that green car in the beginning screen capture..... oh could it be? oh... oh.... and... it's a Fusion. :lol::tsk:

http://wot.motortrend.com/thread-of...-2012-sema-show-car-285973.html#axzz2XzhJq7vy
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:CIAS_2013_-_Ford_Fusion_(8514753768).jpg

Darn.

On the other hand, I think they should have a blind taste test. I bet many people would think it's a good looking front fascia for a Mustang...... as long as they dont know what they're looking at.
Yeap I bet it could fool some people into thinking it's a mustang.

From the low camera angle that makes it look more aggressive than it really is, I'd buy it!

jimmythepage666

zoom zoom
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
sean
Vehicle(s)
Subaru wrx
In the future, you will be able to order your Mustang (and eventually ALL Ford products) directly from your home computer. As it is already, you can take a virtual tour of your car before it is produced... Eventually, Ford will take it a step further...

You will be able to take your virtual order to race tracks all around the world and race your car while the real thing is being made... Gran Turismo style.
So like a video game?

http://www.muscularmustangs.com/2005/news0018game.php

I have to admit it would be sweet to run over some prostitutes in my virtual car before it was delivered! Just to get it out of my system.

OP
OP

Mechanic

Forget all the previous methods of entertaining customers in the waiting room... Give them a virtual loaner while their car is built is a great way to keep them occupied. Letting them use their creations on virtual test tracks could also give the customer a chance to live in the car a little. It could possibly inspire changes based on their own experience with the car... Great marketing tool!!!
This is a great idea. Waiting on an order can be torture.... they might as well use that wait period to entertain buyers.

They could take it a step farther and let people make mods to their virtual cars and test them out. Give them a selection of FRPP or other aftermarket prods. It can only help them sell more products and maybe a even a few more cars.

Sponsored

OP
OP

StangFX

Updated first post with the newest video.

5.0GT

Threads
Reaction score
Love it. The best thing about this video is these mustangs NEVER stopped being made and have always been made in the USA. :usa:

Sponsored

Callie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 GT Convertible
Cool video. I guess this isn't going to be a straight history lesson with these videos.

It would be cool if they could drop some teasers or give us a little bit inside footage of them developing or conceptualizing the 2015.

OP
OP

OKCfan

Love it. The best thing about this video is these mustangs NEVER stopped being made and have always been made in the USA. :usa:
Yea unlike some other current muscle cars ;)

Cool video. I guess this isn't going to be a straight history lesson with these videos.

It would be cool if they could drop some teasers or give us a little bit inside footage of them developing or conceptualizing the 2015.
Wouldn't be surprised if we see that. Like in the form of a quick peek in the design studios where we see clay models or design sketches on posters or something. Keep these vids coming guys. :thumbsup:

OP
OP

StangFX

Latest video on top. It's about Mustang for the kids... toys, hot wheels etc.

OP
OP

Melino

Sounds like there will be a hot wheels made for the next mustang. My kid will be chewing on one. Now Ford, give us a peek at the full size version!

OP
OP

StangFX

Another video added. I think Ford posted up the wrong one a few days ago altho that video still works.

A little more interesting... he talks about the Mustang pedal car which was based on the original tooling for the first Mustang. There will be a 50th year version of the pedal car for 2014.
Sponsored