50th Anniversary Edition 2016 Ford Shelby Hertz GT-H

enzo101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Garrett
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R
Fire that guy...and then hire the whole M6G forum as the lead designer for shelby.
AMEN!!!!
Sponsored

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
who the hell would buy a hertz rent a car edition

Reactions: JTR

Patio208

GT350 Member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 500 #L2287
Ouch! I think it's actually not bad looking, minus the gaudy badges. I remember there was a time when I loved Saleen and Roush, etc. Maybe the S550 is so good looking it doesn't translate well when the aftermarket tinkers with it.

shahram72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shahram
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 auto Foundry pkg.
I'm with you Khyber! Rental edition? I see them all being wrecked.

Sponsored

Sl13cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500
" GT-H combines the best of Shelby American parts "

Since when does SAI make parts ?

How about "the best of the poorly fitting parts made by other people, that Shelby puts its name on".

Voodoo

Elite Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Car
Shelby American is pretty much banking on the legacy of Carroll Shelby, none of the cars they are offering is jaw-dropping or would be able to sell itself without the Shelby name attached to it. I'm sure that can't be their game plan forever, they will eventually have to try and start making statements again, like the sort of statements that puts Carroll Shelby on the map in the first place.

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
Personally I think the whole Shelby American take on the S550 so far has been a joke and a disgrace to the Shelby name. All they do is add performance parts from other manufacturers and then some mind numbingly ugly styling accessories they designed themselves like those rediculous chicken wire grills, a hood that I don't care for, bizarre contrast color paint work and calling an EcoBoost a GT, which is beyond stupid imho.

That being said I think this is their best effort yet. Obviously those rediculous grills need to go (even though they do look a little less obnoxious in black) and there is plenty of details to be improved like the spacing of the Shelby letters on the trunk (they do not measure up with the striping), the Ford performance badge (that was obviously put on by a blind person) and the ugly C-pillar logo's. Also it's a bit of a shame they did not invest the effort in making the trunk GT-H logo in the shape of a faux gas cap like on Ford's 2015 anniversary model. Actually the whole 50th anniversary theme of the GT-H concept is kinda missing.

In the end of the day though the GT-H concept obviously still works very well and makes for an impressive car with a lot of heritage and good promotion for the Mustang name plate. So I think it's great they are making these.

Sponsored

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I'm not a fan of this generation of Shelby American designs, but the Shelby GT-H looks "cleaner" than the Shelby GT

-------------------------------------------------
2016 GT350 Magnetic w/Black Stripes / Black Roof /Tech Package, ETA 10 March (Bremerhaven, Germany), under MSRP

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
The rear spoiler and lower door graphic is cool enough I guess.... everything else is naaaah. This car is pretty much 90% trim & badges. It's merely a commemoration IMO... nothing very special to go rushing for one about.

This is my fav view of it....

Get rid of that white Shelby stenciling on the bottom of the rocker, as well as the round badge smack on the C-pillar... the banner stripe is good enough. Splattering of many logos and badges is just too tacky. YMMV.

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Tough crowd. I like it.
Yeah seriously, I think it looks awesome. Maybe a few too many badges but otherwise it looks great. I'd rent it for a day if they had the Adrenaline collection in my city and the prices weren't insane.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Yeah seriously, I think it looks awesome. Maybe a few too many badges but otherwise it looks great. I'd rent it for a day if they had the Adrenaline collection in my city and the prices weren't insane.
Yep, agreed!

We're on holiday (sorry, vacation ;) ) in Florida end of May/early June, so I'll be hoping to rent one for the day, although I suspect they'll be getting booked up quickly.

When we were in Vegas for the 50th celebrations in April '14, I'd booked a Mustang GT through the Hertz Adrenaline. We tried to upgrade to the Penske GTs they had in the scheme. That car was a similar setup to the GT-H :)
Sponsored