Sponsored

5.0 Emblems

Thinkn3D

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 TY Mustang GT/PP, 66 Fairlane XL390
Black Chrome?

I would like my 5.0 emblems in black chrome.
Any venders selling black chrome emblems?
Anybody have experience using Dupli-Color SHD1000 Shadow Chrome Black-out Coating Kit?
Sponsored

Vile_the_Bastage

of Clan Bastage
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Internet Legend
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Just a heads up.

The Black Horse and Black GT are not far behind for the 2015's.

Anyone interested ??
Count me in for black gloss 5.0 emblems with the red dot and black gloss Pony and GT emblems.

Chargedguard5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Still waiting for my order but I will order the black gt when available.

Sponsored

tcador

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Travis
Vehicle(s)
Previous: '15 GT PP
Count me in for black gloss 5.0 emblems with the red dot and black gloss Pony and GT emblems.
Same here! I'm struggling with matte versus gloss on my race red gt but leaning towards gloss to match the PP wheels.

Vile_the_Bastage

of Clan Bastage
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Internet Legend
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Changed my mind. I want all emblems in matte black. The moment they are available, I will buy.

Sponsored

Blk2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Just spent $45 on UPR Black 5.0 Emblems.. They're incredibly cheap feeling plastic. Very dissapointed. Probably worth $10
What did you expect? Parts are always 2-3+ times the price they really should be for plastic.

Should've just taken some black plastidip to them for $6 for a can (and can be removed if you don't like it or want to change colors). 1 $6 can you could've redone them every 2 months for a year if you needed to due to wear (but people say it lasts years the first time).

Koncealed

Koncealed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
What did you expect? Parts are always 2-3+ times the price they really should be for plastic.

Should've just taken some black plastidip to them for $6 for a can (and can be removed if you don't like it or want to change colors). 1 $6 can you could've redone them every 2 months for a year if you needed to due to wear (but people say it lasts years the first time).
I expected a quality product like every customer should when buying something. Oh well..

UPRjoe

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
750 S. Eastcoast St, Lake Worth Fl. 33460
Website
www.uprproducts.com
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
UPR 2015 Ecoboost Mustang
I expected a quality product like every customer should when buying something. Oh well..
We get the chrome emblems and have them coated black and update the adhesive after they get coated since during the process it gets used to hold them for finishing. The only difference is the coating gives them the feel you are talking about.

We buy many factory parts in bulk and get them reworked or finished just like the OEM connectors we get for our catch can systems from Ford parts dealers. But I can tell you we are coming out with real Billet 5.0 emblems that are going to be the feel you are looking for.

They will be a bit more considering the work that goes into making a true billet emblem with the fit and finish I have designed into them.

Joe

Vile_the_Bastage

of Clan Bastage
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Internet Legend
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
We get the chrome emblems and have them coated black and update the adhesive after they get coated since during the process it gets used to hold them for finishing. The only difference is the coating gives them the feel you are talking about.

We buy many factory parts in bulk and get them reworked or finished just like the OEM connectors we get for our catch can systems from Ford parts dealers. But I can tell you we are coming out with real Billet 5.0 emblems that are going to be the feel you are looking for.

They will be a bit more considering the work that goes into making a true billet emblem with the fit and finish I have designed into them.

Joe
Not to defend the vendor, but I figured they were factory emblems that they painted themselves. Its been the same way with most of the cars I've owned. The paint process makes them feel cheap, but it's only for adding detail to the car anyway. Not caressing and making love to.
Sponsored

Last edited: