Sponsored

3.31's to 3.73's coming soon

Five0GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT premium
Alright. So got my car back yesterday from the shop and all I can say is wow. Definitely a noticeable difference in acceleration with the 3.73s. I feel like this should have been standard on all mustangs lol.

I haven't done a 0-60 test yet but I will post results later on.
Is it very noticeable? Gears and labor for me would be $750 plus the whipple device $270. So would it be worth the $1000 for it to pull harder?
Sponsored

fordguys550

yep..."just" a V6
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 v6 6spd
whipple device?

fordguys550

yep..."just" a V6
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 v6 6spd
so if i read that right....if you swap gears....even if you have a tuner you need to buy this thing too? what a bunch of bs. i hate all these things they put on new cars. theres freakin sensors everywhere

Five0GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT premium
so if i read that right....if you swap gears....even if you have a tuner you need to buy this thing too? what a bunch of bs. i hate all these things they put on new cars. theres freakin sensors everywhere
Unless you have a certain tuner I've been told this whipple device is the only way to recalibrate the speedometer to the new gears. I've even read the dealer can't do it.(not sure about that). I have the sct tuner with Lund tune and it isn't capable of programming the gear swap.

Sponsored

fordguys550

yep..."just" a V6
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 v6 6spd
really man that sucks. i have a sct x4 but im still waiting on my tunes...as my car is a 2016 and i guess sct doesnt have my ecu's code on their database yet. pretty upsetting actually. im running shorter than stock tires and was hoping the sct would adjust for that. i know on my 05gt i could adjust for tire size

ktodd1989

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium Performance Pack / 2016 Ecoboost Premium
Unless you have a certain tuner I've been told this whipple device is the only way to recalibrate the speedometer to the new gears. I've even read the dealer can't do it.(not sure about that). I have the sct tuner with Lund tune and it isn't capable of programming the gear swap.
I have an SCTX4 w/Unleashed Tune and I am able to change the ratio no problem.

I haven't done a 0-60 test yet sorry lol, been too busy having fun to be honest lol. It definitely does pull way harder than the 3.15s -

To make it clear, all I did was get the Ford-Trac Lok LSD and the ring and pinion install kit to do the upgrade.

Five0GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT premium

I haven't done a 0-60 test yet sorry lol, been too busy having fun to be honest lol. It definitely does pull way harder than the 3.15s -

To make it clear, all I did was get the Ford-Trac Lok LSD and the ring and pinion install kit to do the upgrade.
I have sctx4 with Lund tune. Lund told me they can't program for a gear change. Is the LSD necessary if I want to change the gears from 3.31 to 3.73?

davejonnes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT350

Let us know when you get the chance to do a 0-60! And two questions if you don't mind lol.....
1- Can you hit 60 in second gear?
2- Where is your RPM on 6th doing around 70mph?

DR_

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
like a complete jerk