aedfam

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aed
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang 2017 GT
Hey fellas,

I was looking for some input from guys who have gotten the stage 3 mt82 upgrade from Ben Calimer. I am thinking of going with the Stage 3 kit mainly for convenience as to keep my current shifter and driveshaft.

I was wondering if it holds up as it says it does? Shifts good?

I also have been looking at the stage 2 tremec magnum. I am currently running a SC and plan to get to around 900rwhp (hopefully). The car won't see much track time, if any at all.

My car also has the 3.73 rear gears so I was wondering if any changes to this would be required if I were to switch to tremec tranny??

I've searched around and it seems as everyone was pointing in direction of tremec a few years back, but I believe this was before Calimer was offering the mt82 upgrades. So is this still the case? Is the stage 3 just as good?
Sponsored

Det_Riot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
1994 Mustang GT, 2018 Mustang GT
If you call up Calimer and ask, he'll let you know that while the stage 3 is good, it will never be as good as an equivalent Magnum XL. That being said, if you aren't going to track the car, I don't see any reason why the stage 3 wouldn't be sufficient for your use