Sponsored

2023 Florida Special Edition GT

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
Do they have Florida edition for their trucks? Here everybody has a "Texas Edition" truck. I figured they have them for most states.

California Special has gravitas due to it's history. Not much past when it comes to Florida. Or Texas for that matter.
That's because Texas is the largest truck sales. Its basically makers pandering to Texas knowing that if they put "Texas" on it Texans will buy it up just because it says "texas" and it must be better.
Sponsored

TrackMustang

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
No cats
No resonator
No turn signals
Wide open grill
Standard limo tint
Special opening where you can have a keg in the trunk and snake a tap line through the backseat
I would like to make one small change to your otherwise perfect analysis of a Mustang Florida Special. It should have a special opening not for a keg, but specifically a Coors Party Ball.

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
Everything is better in TX! Put Longhorn sticker on a truck and it will pull an extra $20K.
Yeah Dodge is doing hat with like Firehouse and police and ect versions too. Its a huge markup just to pander to people and get them to overpay to feel "special" they bought a truck that shows off they support services. If the tracks actually had a part of the profit GO to the services, it would be fine, but I cant find anything saying they do.

Seanuf99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
@Magnetic- I wasnt saying not using gun safes was a negative. Just so ya know...although i would hope anyone not using one wouldnt leave the gun in the vacant car.

@TrackMustang- no joke we used to put a keg in ice in trunk of my 65. We always talked bout running a hose in to the back seat...ah to be young and dumb again.

Edited to correct all the typos. Err most of em anyway.

Last edited:

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS, Mustang GT, MME GTPE
As Long as it meets the approval of these guys:

MER06744b207488eae241977443f37d2miamivice0912-700x500.jpg
download.jpg

Sponsored

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase
No, these guys.........

AAAAAGQ%2foLTt2ZMyDUY%2fs1600%2fbirdcage-1996-01-g.jpg

Magnetic904

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
@Magnetic- I wasnt saying not using gun safes was a negative. Just so ya know...although i would hope anyone not using one wouldnt leave the gun in the vacant car.
Nah i understood what you meant. And while i dont use gun safes i do fully agree leaving a firearm just sitting in the car isnt a good idea in this state. We have good concealed carry laws here though and most places i go are friendly to concealed. I dont drive with any of my guns with me though so its not really an issue.

Buldawg76

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ecoboost Premium, 76 Harley shovel, 77 KZ1000
It's difficult to use a gun for self-defense if its left in your car. I never leave home without 4 things, Keys, wallet, phone and most importantly my pistol. My pistol in on my person at all times except in banks, federal or state buildings. No need for a safe.

I grew up in Florida in the 60s thru the 90s and always had a gun with me and never any issue with law enforcement.

BD

stang-man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Lightning Blue GTPP
Cammo paint job and 33" mudders

toplesstripcruiser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Red 50th Mustang GT vert, '03 yellow Evo
There's a lot of different Floridas, and they're very different. As a 60-year-old native Floridian who has lived everywhere in the state, I nominate my car as an example of a true Florida edition...
Mustang (28).JPG
I just want to say you have one of the best looking S550 Mustangs I've seen. It's not overly done, it's subtle, but still can turn heads. What you did looks like what can be offered from the factory.
I also have a red GT convertible, except it's a 2015 and has the 50 years appearance package. It has the retro chrome corral grill and trim around the taillights. I also have silver Shelby wheels (20x9.5 and 20x11) I have yet to put on. I was thinking about the white rocker stripes, but not sure how they would look. Seeing how good it looks good on yours, I might just go for it. It's my vacation car in Las Vegas, so it's my "Las Vegas Edition."
How is the grip on your tires? I'm looking to get the Michelin Pilot Sport 4S in 265 or 275/35/20 in front and 315/30/20 for the rears. The Pirelli PZeros on there now are terrible, slip and hop a little in first and second. The rear suspension mods help a little. Yes the Michelins are expensive, but they seem to be the best on the wet and dry with the sizes I want.

Sponsored

SilverNv

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Myles
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt
Guess I donā€™t get this thread. With this line of thinking should a California edition have a extra set of cats(Incase thieves take the first set), no turn signals that work, navigation that keeps you in the fast lane on all multi lane highways, cost an extra 20% for the same car you can buy in any other state and then force you to test emissions at every start up? Hypodermic needle and toilet paper dispenser for the homeless are optional accessories based on location?

TrackMustang

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
Guess I donā€™t get this thread. With this line of thinking should a California edition have a extra set of cats(Incase thieves take the first set), no turn signals that work, navigation that keeps you in the fast lane on all multi lane highways, cost an extra 20% for the same car you can buy in any other state and then force you to test emissions at every start up? Hypodermic needle and toilet paper dispenser for the homeless are optional accessories based on location?
Yes.

SEAICE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BW
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
I just want to say you have one of the best looking S550 Mustangs I've seen. It's not overly done, it's subtle, but still can turn heads. What you did looks like what can be offered from the factory.
I also have a red GT convertible, except it's a 2015 and has the 50 years appearance package. It has the retro chrome corral grill and trim around the taillights. I also have silver Shelby wheels (20x9.5 and 20x11) I have yet to put on. I was thinking about the white rocker stripes, but not sure how they would look. Seeing how good it looks good on yours, I might just go for it. It's my vacation car in Las Vegas, so it's my "Las Vegas Edition."
How is the grip on your tires? I'm looking to get the Michelin Pilot Sport 4S in 265 or 275/35/20 in front and 315/30/20 for the rears. The Pirelli PZeros on there now are terrible, slip and hop a little in first and second. The rear suspension mods help a little. Yes the Michelins are expensive, but they seem to be the best on the wet and dry with the sizes I want.
Thanks for the comments! I have tried to keep my mods to what would look factory and not go overboard. With the hood and rocker stripes, the two obvious choices for me were white and silver. I think white is more high-contrast and retro... Better for an '05-'14... Silver more subdued and upmarket, like the S550. As to the tires, I'm normally a Conti Extreme Contact fan, but I like the look of these BFG G-FORCE COMP-2 A/S ... The tread pattern and sidewalls look just a little more aggressive and retro, perfect for a Mustang. Also, they're US-made. I think they're great. They ride well and aren't too noisy, have great grip in the wet, don't seem to be affected by Seattle temps that range from the low 40s to mid 80s. Maybe the're wearing a bit quick, but I'm fine with that.

OP
OP
theruleslawyer

theruleslawyer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
MB C350
Mostly that the idea of a ā€˜California editionā€™ is weird-as if California was desirable. I get its a legacy thing and all, but if California gets a special edition we should have other options. TBH the California edition doesnā€™t seem particularly ā€˜Californiaā€™ either.

Bluelightning

Bluelightning
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lightning Blue 2017 GT350, 2019 F-150 4x4 Ecoboost (Daily)
Vehicle Showcase
I would assume some kind of gator skin interior, and either no hood, or a huge hole cut into the hood so you can mount a turbo 3ft into the air. Most likely bumper or hood exit exhaust.
Sponsored