Sponsored

2020 GT500 confirmed orders

South40

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Lincoln, 2013 Ford Raptor
Chuck, Yes it has been accepted. If your dealer takes your order then enters it into the Ford system, well if the system accepts it then you are in business! If the dealer doesn't have an allocation for either a base or a CF package then the system rejects the order as soon as the order is entered. There is no "limbo" time to see if your order was successfully taken by Ford. You will know immediately if you are getting what you want. The MAIN thing here is finding an HONEST dealer which according to these threads are hard to come by! Greed is a terrible trait! What comes around goes around! The best of luck to you in finding what you are looking for! OH and before I forget, there is no Golden Ticket. That's WILLY WONKA NOT FORD!
My track pack and painted stripes order was accepted into system and I got a DORA the next day. My dealer did not have allocation for track pack only a base. We found out 2 weeks after we ordered when the dealer called his Ford rep. I left the track pack order in the system and ordered a base car too, just in case he got a late allocation.
Sponsored

denohew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2017 Bentley Supersports, 2013 Shelby GT500, 2014 Shelby GT500, 2017 Ford Raptor, 2018 Mercedes E63s AMG Wagon
My track pack and painted stripes order was accepted into system and I got a DORA the next day. My dealer did not have allocation for track pack only a base. We found out 2 weeks after we ordered when the dealer called his Ford rep. I left the track pack order in the system and ordered a base car too, just in case he got a late allocation.
I don't know this for a fact but it sounds like your dealer is not being truthful with you. He places an order thru Ford's system and the next thing you hear from the sales manager is "it's in" or " I'm sorry but it was kicked back" I am so tired of these sleeze ball dealers who flat out LIE to their customers! Ford's systems know if a certain dealer has the right to order certain cars. No allocation NO GT500. Period. Now late allocations are another thing altogether. I do not know how that works but I am assuming that's when your district rep actually works!

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
You can order the GT500 Track pack or even a GT350R right now, even if you have zero allocations and get a VOC that comes back without issue. That does not mean it will get accepted by Ford.
How do I know this? Ford performance told me. Also, in 2016 I ordered a GT350R when my dealer didnt have an allocation for the R, but a regular, and it was never built that year.
Why bother putting two orders in? when it's not accepted they will just tell you when it gets picked up. Then you can alter your order at that time.
Currently, I have my GT500 track pack in the banks as well and going by the guidelines they released after banks had already opened and my order was placed, they will not get that allocation.
I still have the order in and I'll sit on it until it gets rejected and then pass it along.

Last edited:

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
I think he is right. The system let my dealer enter an order for track pack and painted stripes (received DORA). His rep called him 2 weeks later and said he did not have the "golden ticket" allocation, but there might be a second wave of "golden ticket" allocations later in the year. I left my track pack order in the system and ordered a second car that is a base.
Not that I'm aware. One day we could not order anything. The next day we could and at the same time, the dealer was notified of allocations.

Nolimits88

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT500 2020 TO GT500 2021 GT500 CARBON PKG
My Dealer is very honest, and he has shown proof etc of how the system works which I agree is weird you would think if no allocated cf pack why it allows it to be put in that system. But again what I have been told is there will be maybe a 20% cf builds after scheduling begins. But majority of the cf pack allocations are set in stone. Who knows we will see.

Sponsored

ChuckXX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2020 SHELBY GT 500
To South40: Your post is quite interesting but there's something there that truly bothers me alot!!!!!! You said your dealer did NOT have an allocation for the CFTP etc car but yet the order was "accepted" the next day. This seems go go against the grain of everything that has been posted on this entire site. Hmmmmmm. Dealer doesn't have an allocation for the CFTP or Painted Stripes but yet the order goes thru the next day???? Something is wrong there.

South40

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Lincoln, 2013 Ford Raptor
To South40: Your post is quite interesting but there's something there that truly bothers me alot!!!!!! You said your dealer did NOT have an allocation for the CFTP etc car but yet the order was "accepted" the next day. This seems go go against the grain of everything that has been posted on this entire site. Hmmmmmm. Dealer doesn't have an allocation for the CFTP or Painted Stripes but yet the order goes thru the next day???? Something is wrong there.
It was the same with the 350R. The car would sit in the order bank and never be pulled for production. My dealer and I are life long friends and I watch him enter the orders. I've ordered 7 raptors, GT350, 3 GT500s, and a lot of other vehicles from him. He had not seen anything saying he did not have an allocation and I was okay with trying by entering the order. It took the rep 2 weeks to contact him to say he did not have allocation and that no small dealers would be getting the CFTP and painted stripes. I have posted the DORA for the CFTP and painted stripes on this thread. Also, he has allocation for 1 GT500 but the system allowed him to enter another order for me and leave the first car in the order bank. If you ordered the painted stripes I would have the dealer call their rep and confirm that the order will get pulled as ordered.

JZ150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R Rapid Red
For those of you that have placed a CFTP pkg or painted stripes order with a dealer who doesn’t have the “golden ticket”, your dealer received an email from Ford saying the orders will NOT be built. If they haven’t told you yet, shame on them. Managing customer expectations is pretty important. I have no idea why the system would accept the order but it will not be built.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
For those of you that have placed a CFTP pkg or painted stripes order with a dealer who doesn’t have the “golden ticket”, your dealer received an email from Ford saying the orders will NOT be built. If they haven’t told you yet, shame on them. Managing customer expectations is pretty important. I have no idea why the system would accept the order but it will not be built.
@machsmith ?

JZ150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R Rapid Red

I have to retract the intent of the email referenced. It’s more about availability of the two specific options than anything. Specifically the limited availability and direction not to place orders with the two options. Sorry to mislead.

Sponsored

marklboris

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
______ '20 Shelby GT500 FPB '21 Mach-E GTPE IS
Vehicle Showcase

geoking

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
31,34,48 and 2019 Fords + a 58& 66 Chevy trucks
"A Dealer needs allocation each week for scheduling for each vehicle line. Even without allocation for a vehicle line, Ford is pretty good at trying to schedule retail orders even when a Dealer doesn’t have allocation that week. When a Dealer knows that they don’t have scheduling allocation, it’s always a good idea for them to provide the retail order information (Body Code & Order Number) to their Ford Zone Manager and the Regional Scheduler. The Regional Scheduler can reprioritize the retail order to priority code “01” which basically forces the Ford scheduling system to schedule the unit ASAP unless extreme commodity restrictions prevent the scheduling. When a Dealer doesn’t have allocation, the Ford Zone Manager may try to get the allocation from another Dealer that is willing to give up their allocation."

I read this on line and used cut and paste to get it here as I found it interesting and hopefuly worth sharing . My apologies for not properly giving the original author appropriate credit. I was researching Ford priority codes in an effort to understand my confirmed order details/meaning. So yes, I have a confirmed order . Base/ Performance Blue/ Vinyl Strips over the top as well as the side, tech pack, handling pack. I did NOT order Recaro seats as I prefer the easier on my old bones standard version. I am still trying to order a CFTP and in line with minimal percentage chance of probability. Never give up.

Last edited:

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
"A Dealer needs allocation each week for scheduling for each vehicle line. Even without allocation for a vehicle line, Ford is pretty good at trying to schedule retail orders even when a Dealer doesn’t have allocation that week. When a Dealer knows that they don’t have scheduling allocation, it’s always a good idea for them to provide the retail order information (Body Code & Order Number) to their Ford Zone Manager and the Regional Scheduler. The Regional Scheduler can reprioritize the retail order to priority code “01” which basically forces the Ford scheduling system to schedule the unit ASAP unless extreme commodity restrictions prevent the scheduling. When a Dealer doesn’t have allocation, the Ford Zone Manager may try to get the allocation from another Dealer that is willing to give up their allocation."

I read this on line and used cut and paste to get it here as I found it interesting and hopefuly worth sharing . My apologies for not properly giving the original author appropriate credit. I was researching Ford priority codes in an effort to understand my confirmed order details/meaning. So yes, I have a confirmed order . Base/ Performance Blue/ Vinyl Strips over the top as well as the side, tech pack, handling pack. I did NOT order Recaro seats as I prefer the easier on my old bones standard version. I am still trying to order a CFTP and in line with minimal percentage chance of probability. Never give up.
lol, and people wondered why im happy :)

01 order.jpg

1stMustang-GT500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Evan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R KR070, 2019 Ranger Lariat
If production starts Sept 9th, when do you expect the first GT500 on a trailer leaving Detroit?

geoking

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
31,34,48 and 2019 Fords + a 58& 66 Chevy trucks
So I thought I'd start a fresh thread on submitted orders. It'll be interesting to see who gets theirs first and if there is any correlation whatsoever to order location, priority, or even the time stamp of the actual confirmation. My dealer is Chuck Anderson Ford in Excelsior Springs, Missouri. I've been dealing with Nick Anderson and couldn't be happier. He bought my GT350 almost two years ago and part of the agreement was his first GT500 allocation at msrp. Been a long ride but things are finally moving along. The confirmation Nick sent me...

I received my VIN Number this morning with a scheduled build date of 9/23 for my Base GT500
Sponsored