2019 Mustang GT second gear stutter

DGoldstein62

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
D'Anne
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT Premium Convertible
Hi, all, this may have already been addressed, but I did a search and couldn’t find anything. When shifting from first gear into second gear in my 2019 GT, I get what I could only call a stutter, and it doesn’t smooth out until I accelerate harder. Can anyone give me advice on what I need to look for thank you.
Sponsored

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Have you checked to see if you have any DTCs? It sounds like multiple cylinder misfires or a misfire in a specific cylinder. Look for DTCs P0300 or P0301-P0308.

OP
OP
DGoldstein62

DGoldstein62

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
D'Anne
Vehicle(s)
I did scan it for any codes that it might be throwing, and nothing comes up

OP
OP
DGoldstein62

DGoldstein62

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
D'Anne
Vehicle(s)
It’s a factory exhaust with the original clutch in it. Unfortunately I do not know what a crank relearn is. I’m new to this whole taking care of the car on my own thing, so any help is appreciated.

Sponsored

OP
OP
DGoldstein62

DGoldstein62

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
D'Anne
Vehicle(s)
As far as I know, my car is not tuned. I just bought it six months ago and I’m still learning about everything that the prior owner put on the vehicle. It has an Injen cold air intake, which came tuned for the vehicle.

OP
OP
DGoldstein62

DGoldstein62

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
D'Anne
Vehicle(s)
Now that I’ve done some research on the nGauge tuner, I realize that the previous owner had one installed but removed it before selling the car. Seeing that the price of these range anywhere from $500 to $700, I can see why he took it with him.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Do you know of anyone with a Mustang that has an nGauge or SCT tuner that can hook it up to your OBD2 port and perform the crank relearn?

with an SCTX4

or with an nGauge

OP
OP
DGoldstein62

DGoldstein62

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
D'Anne
Vehicle(s)
I don’t off the top of my head know of anyone who already has one of these gauges, but I can ask around through some of the groups I’m involved in. Thank you for your help.

Sponsored

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Now that I’ve done some research on the nGauge tuner, I realize that the previous owner had one installed but removed it before selling the car. Seeing that the price of these range anywhere from $500 to $700, I can see why he took it with him.
That sucks. There are many people screwing over the next owners of their used cars by trading in or selling them and keeping the tuners to resell them for cash. I just met with another member on here last week and determined that his car which he bought 2 weeks ago has been tuned for E85 and he did t know it. The previous owner walked away with the tuner and screwed him over. He has been running 93 octane in the car. His only options now are to either run E85 from here on out or pay the dealer to reflash the car back to the factory settings, after which he can buy a tuning device and have the car tuned himself. The latter is the best option here.

If you can, reach out to the previous owner or ask the dealer if they will contact him/her and ask them to call you and see if they still have the tuner and would be willing to either give it to you or sell it to you.

OP
OP
DGoldstein62

DGoldstein62

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
D'Anne
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the information, I will probably just have to have the dealer reset it, because the dealer I bought the car from had had it on their lot for over a year.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Thanks for the information, I will probably just have to have the dealer reset it, because the dealer I bought the car from had had it on their lot for over a year.
I’m sorry that you have to deal with this problem. In the future, if you buy a car that has been modded and/or tuned and the tuning device does not come with the car, pass on it. If you know of anyone else that could be potentially walking into a situation like this, please warn them before they find themselves in a similar situation.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
It’s still worth a try before paying the dealer. I’m sure they have record of the previous owner and their contact information. You may get lucky. If not, then have the dealer reflash the PCM.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Something else I just thought of for you to try. Since you have an nGauge, try calling Lund Racing and give them your car’s VIN to see if they can check their records to confirm whether they tuned the car. Explain to them that you bought the car and have since found out that the previous owner had it tuned using an nGauge, but kept the tuner when he/she sold or traded the car in. If you get lucky, maybe Lund can sell you a new tuner (I think they use RTD devices now) with all of the tunes that they wrote for your car’s previous owner and you’re back in the game.
Sponsored