2019 301A PP1 Velocity Blue
Well, we passed that point.
Sponsored

mustangflanagan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Funny thing is ford knew it was a issue and had a tab for 11-14 cars but did Jack crap in 8 years to fix it.. He'll they even machined the bosses into the timing chain covers 13 and up for it.

Dfeeds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
1997 Mustang (5.0 HO swap), 2019 Mustang GT PP1
It's pretty easy to ignore once you stop thinking about it. And unlike the bbq tick, it's nearly impossible to hear outside of the car unless you shove your head under the wheel well. $100 isn't much for peace of mind, but I also don't think it's going to cause any harm. At least, not before one of the other dozen ticks and rattles do.

Condor1970

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Al I know is I added 1/2 bottle of Ceratec, and 80% of the tick went away. I still had a thudding kind of tick when revving. The A/C tension arm got rid of that. After that, I still had a tiny bit of BBQ tick during warm up, and so I added the other 1/2 bottle of Ceratec, and now all noise is gone. Warm up, revving, idling, etc. She's as quiet as a mouse now.

Jetnoise

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium PP1, 70 Shaker Mach 1 stroker, 1967 F/B 357W, 1968 302 Vert, 4I 85 5.0 B&M Blower
Honestly man you should've just taken the buy back and not gotten another Mustang. Just my opinion. The only fix is to buy something else.
What he said!!
mVfjet is doing the same thing ....trading in his 5.0 for a Camry

Sponsored

Jetnoise

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium PP1, 70 Shaker Mach 1 stroker, 1967 F/B 357W, 1968 302 Vert, 4I 85 5.0 B&M Blower
Exactly!

I decided to drive the car without listening. If I dont get any engine check light or blown engine, I am not planning to go even near the dealer, after the experience with my 18 ticking.
Thanks for the inputs guys.
Drive with out listening? What?? Those glorious 4 valves per cylinder.....attached to a V8 ......screaming? I'd turn off the visuual blown engine lights before denying myself the symphony this gen 3 makes.
Bliss.
Period
End
Define jinx?

Jetnoise

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I actually joked with my wife that maybe I should just get a regular car like a Camry and even she said "are you crazy? We always need a V8 in the house"

If my new long block ticks, rattles and rolls I'll definitely be making another appointment to get it looked at.
I like your wife already... you need a Camry though....

Dfeeds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
1997 Mustang (5.0 HO swap), 2019 Mustang GT PP1
I actually joked with my wife that maybe I should just get a regular car like a Camry and even she said "are you crazy? We always need a V8 in the house"

If my new long block ticks, rattles and rolls I'll definitely be making another appointment to get it looked at.
It will... LOL. Honestly, out of three sounds most commonly listed, I think the rattle is the one that's of concern. My guess is that the rattle is piston slap that doesn't go away when warm because the new PTWA liners cause the bore to expand more than an already loose spec'd hypereutectic piston (there's also some clutch chatter that goes on at this rpm range too that can sound like rattling, something to note). The reverse was true for the iron sleeves of previous gen coyotes, so a loose spec'd piston was ideal. The pistons should be spec'd much tighter to allow the bore to expand into spec, but then the engine would never pass Ford's stress test that requires the engine to run at max speed when cold, because it would seize up. Get on the car a bit, after the oil is fully warmed up, and the rattle goes away because the pistons have a chance to catch up with the increase in heat (which the oil jet sprayers, while essential, don't help). Piston slap with proper lubrication should, in theory, not jeopardize longevity. But throw in 5w20 oil, specifically motorcrafts syn blend that sheers quite a bit, and now it's up for grabs. Normal, regular, low mpg oriented driving and the 5w20 is fine. Get on it a bit to raise the temps before the PTW clearance tightens up and the 5w20 might thin out too much to protect against the piston slap. This all assuming that it's the rattle that's causing the cylinder wall scoring, which may or may not cause any actual issues either.

Beyond that, listen for something else. In my case; I had a metallic tick, at idle, that was different than anything else being mentioned and was only heard from the passenger side valve cover. It's pretty easy to hear in the vids I posted. I didn't know what was worse between them all at the time, but my guess is that this was the sound of a camshaft grinding out a journal.

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang

If you have to get a Camry at least get this thing https://jalopnik.com/the-toyota-mark-x-grmn-is-the-badass-rear-wheel-drive-a-1831687768

It's the closest thing to a muscle/sports car that Toyota has developed in house since like the MK4 Supra. 300+ HP, 4 dooor, RWD.
Sponsored