lots of Fords

PPPony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
MY17 Mustang GT Auto
Donald Trump says "America first", there will be no ANCAP test only one using the NHTSA standard :D

Seriously I hope they do the Euro test and get 5 stars.

OzS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
GT Fastback
Still haven't flipped centre console.

PPPony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
MY17 Mustang GT Auto
The exhaust isn't dual either.

Sponsored

PPPony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
MY17 Mustang GT Auto
It looks like quad pipes for RHD markets but will there be active control ?

davidhes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT - Ruby Red
No red tail lights again it would seem. So disappointing.

OP
OP
Bobsp12

Bobsp12

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
lots of Fords
It would appear to have the digital dash...I cant see the normal chrome rings. Yes, it has the damn clear tail lights again. It could be an EB, which may account for the dual instead of quad exhaust. I am not a fan of the new rear with the light shape change just for the sake of it and the bland looking valance....maybe the pp version is a bit more exciting.

PPPony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
MY17 Mustang GT Auto
It would appear to have the digital dash...I cant see the normal chrome rings. Yes, it has the damn clear tail lights again. It could be an EB, which may account for the dual instead of quad exhaust. I am not a fan of the new rear with the light shape change just for the sake of it and the bland looking valance....maybe the pp version is a bit more exciting.
If you look closely they look like quad pipes going into dual tips.

Sponsored

davidhes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
And it still has the faux gas cap rear decklid. No idea why Ford makes some of these decisions!? It would cost them less money to use the same US rear decklid that looks a million times better.

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase
And it still has the faux gas cap rear decklid. No idea why Ford makes some of these decisions!? It would cost them less money to use the same US rear decklid that looks a million times better.
Opinions and all that, but the faux gas cap grew on me from day one - I think it complements the clear lights quite well.

So much so that I still have an unopened US GT deck lid panel sitting on my lounge room floor (right next to the unopened exhaust system). :doh:

With red lights, I would agree that aesthetically the US panel is the better option.

davidhes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Opinions and all that, but the faux gas cap grew on me from day one - I think it complements the clear lights quite well.

So much so that I still have an unopened US GT deck lid panel sitting on my lounge room floor (right next to the unopened exhaust system). :doh:

With red lights, I would agree that aesthetically the US panel is the better option.
Yeh that's fair enough. I'm sure there are plenty of people that do prefer the look. I'm just not sure why they do it though? It really would save them money to have the same rear decklid. But yeh at least it's an easy change and not expensive.

OP
OP
Bobsp12

Bobsp12

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
lots of Fords

That is funny Drew, I dislike the faux gas cap rear panel so much that I bought an extra US GT rear panel. I did it out of sheer terror that I might somehow scratch or damage the one that I have fitted and then might have to refit the stock one. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder as they say.:thumbsup:
Now hurry up and fit that exhaust....you can still drink your Tooheys and listen to EJ while you are doing it.:cheers:

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase
Now hurry up and fit that exhaust....you can still drink your Tooheys and listen to EJ while you are doing it.:cheers:
Just started three weeks leave, Bob, so the exhaust is definitely getting bolted on sooner rather than later.

Have been giving the beer a little bit of a rest of late. Not sure if it's coincidental, but the amount of time I spend listening to EJ seems to be directly proportional to my Tooheys consumption levels.

:shrug:
Sponsored