2018 Mustang refresh?

Martman GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marty
Vehicle(s)
2015 TY GT Premium
I agree there. I had a 2014 Edge Limited with the Sony sound system, and I think the radio in my 400a premium sounds better. And, I don't even have the sub-woofer.
Sponsored

15wile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
Hell, I have the base 6 speaker system. And it's honestly not bad. Base Ford sound used to blow filthy butt chunks. But now... it's not so bad. Guess they aren't using those 6x9 oval sh*t speakers anymore.

Still, a premium sound system was one of the few upgrades I was actually interested in. Still might swap my speakers eventually.

cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible 50th app
lol!!!! got got me there, But if you know your car well even when you do stupid things at least you know you and your car limit. By knowing the limits that you would avoid doing stupid things.
Ha ha! Knew what you meant, just thought it was funny how you worded it and had to point it out. :lol: :thumbsup:

15wile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
What qualifies as "doing stupid things" depends greatly on your level of experience. Ken Block, for example, can write much larger showing off checks than can Joe Blow, hormone-infused teenager with his first RWD car. Know thyself, and know thy limits, and all is good.

Coconut

Poptart
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Magnetic manual
Hell, I have the base 6 speaker system. And it's honestly not bad. Base Ford sound used to blow filthy butt chunks. But now... it's not so bad. Guess they aren't using those 6x9 oval sh*t speakers anymore.

Still, a premium sound system was one of the few upgrades I was actually interested in. Still might swap my speakers eventually.
:cheers: Agreed, the base 6 speaker sound system isn't terrible for what it is. I've heard much worse.

I'm thinking about putting together a nice aftermarket system. $180 front components, $120 rear coaxials, $250 4 channel amp and either a $100 LC6i or OEMradios audio harness and APIM reprogram. That system "should" blow away the 9 speaker premium system.

Sponsored

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring
Wishful thinking but...I think it would be cool if they showed...
2018 Line up at LA on November 16
2018 Bullitt at San Francisco on November 19
2018 MACh 1 at NY on April 14

Birddogjr350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
james
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford F150 FX4
2018 MACh 1 at NY on April 14[/QUOTE

That sounds good but in reality we now that were not going to get that many special editions next MY!!!!

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
2018 MACh 1 at NY on April 14
That gets my vote.........and [MENTION=6651]Bullitt[/MENTION] would be priority booking a flight to SF :D

Sponsored

timd38

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT/CS C6 Corvette
It is kind of funny to see people wanting magnetic ride and then going to the Corvette Forum and seeing people removing it because they don't like it.

I have no opinion, if it has it great, if it doesn't, so what.

GOFAST

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Still looking
It is kind of funny to see people wanting magnetic ride and then going to the Corvette Forum and seeing people removing it because they don't like it.

I have no opinion, if it has it great, if it doesn't, so what.
Really? I have never heard anyone doing that, that isn't doing it to replace with better tracking options. Never heard of anyone doing it on a street driven car('cause they don't like it).

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring

Fenix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium Shadow Black
MagneRide is also known for leaks at the rod seals. The MR fluid is full of micron size iron particles which are abrasive if something like a scratch allows a leak path to the seal material.

timd38

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT/CS C6 Corvette
Really? I have never heard anyone doing that, that isn't doing it to replace with better tracking options. Never heard of anyone doing it on a street driven car('cause they don't like it).
I read a thread on it this morning. I know several people that have replaced them, but never asked why.

I bought my Vette new and was planning to put coilovers on it, so I never entertained maganride when I ordered it.
Sponsored