Sponsored

2018 Mustang Orders Placed Thread (Vote/Share Here)

Which 2018 Mustang did you order?

• Total voters

LowcountryMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium

BigBoss5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP Premium
I would call your dealer and ask questions. I ordered on 8/9 but I edited it on 8/26 to a fastback (they took the edited date) and my car is already built and in transit to me. Ask them when their timeslot is for it to be built(I can't remember the name.) When I was close to canceling my order the new car manager sat down and talked to me and told me everything they knew (it was in October.) I suggest going by the dealer and talking to them and seeing what's going on.
I spoke to my dealer roughly 1 month ago when they finally got me a vin number. They said that my car is scheduled to be built mid-january and depending on if it is shipped by train or truck I should have it on Feb 1st. I had an EDD on cotus but it disappeared and hasn't been back for 2 weeks now. If i don't see an update by next week ill give my dealer another call.

Rodsaleen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Orange Fury Mustang GT
Well at least most of you guys have moved to "In Transit". I ordered mine on 7/27/17 and I'm still awaiting shipment and my EDD is 1/6/18.......FIVE days away. This is beyond aggravating.

why not

never fast enough
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
2018 gt fastback (ordered 7/28/17)
My vehicle info on COTUS disappeared two days ago and this morning it reappeared showing delivery in (2) days. So I was just turning in for the night and thought I would check the status. Now it says In Transit and delivery in 16 DAYS. This is pure Bullshit. I ordered this vehicle August 21st 2017.
Boys and Girls it has been 19 count them 19 weeks. My last 5 vehicles have all been ordered 2005 T-Bird, 2010 GT, 2011 GT, 2015 GT, and the 2018 GT. I have never been given the run around by any company as much as I have been by Ford. it's 12:23 AM right now but in the morning I'll be composing a letter to Ford and will be seriously looking at Camaro and Dodge. Is this any way to treat a loyal customer?
I am right with you on this one! I ordered July 28th and I "think" I will have my car by the end of January! Nobody knows anything at the dealer!!! If the GT wasn't the best choice of the bunch, I would be driving the Camaro or Challenger. I will try to be patient but its wearing very thin!:paddle:

HeavyMetalMonk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White 2018 GT Premium PP/MR
Man, you guys are making me nervous with you July order dates and Jan-Feb deliveries. I ordered Dec 5 and was expecting March...seems that may be wishful thinking.

Sponsored

DukeGaGa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium PP
Man, you guys are making me nervous with you July order dates and Jan-Feb deliveries. I ordered Dec 5 and was expecting March...seems that may be wishful thinking.
Our orders took that long because they were ordered before the ok to buy.

sbrenskell

Waiting for OF
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stacie
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Gt Premium FB Orange fury
Vehicle Showcase
My car moved to the 15th now. It moved to "In Transit" on the 20th. Keep moving closer please!!!

BrandonB

Tinted Window Licker
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT Oxford 301A
Vehicle Showcase
Guys guys guys.. just remember there’s always someone else out there who has it worse..

:headbonk::p
DCAA4CFA-F8B5-433B-9EFA-9479D5F7E5CF.jpeg

goldviper

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Les
Vehicle(s)
Ordered 2018 Mustang GT 401A PP
Cotus said a few days ago that it was in transit.....now Cotus says it is awaiting shipment. WTF.........in a couple of days it will probably say it is pre assembly. My fleet mgr did call me a couple of days ago and say it was in transit and would be in Phoenix the week of the 12th. I hope that is the case. Been wait sense Aug.

why not

never fast enough
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
2018 gt fastback (ordered 7/28/17)
Special orders were pushed back until the week of December 18th. For some reason, if the dealer didn't use one of their allotment cars on a special order, we just sat and waited until after the 18th! Had they gave me a choice, I would have opted for a stock order car.....then I would be driving it now! Ford really screwed the pooch on this one! Kicked all of the loyal buyers to the curb and filled the dealer lots with plenty cf cars! This includes the load of GT350s that are sitting and awaiting buyers to pay ADM for them. This makes no sense to me as the dealers and ford are paying huge dollars to have these cars floor planned while my money is sitting and waiting to go to Ford! Stupid!!:frusty:

Sponsored

DukeGaGa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just curious, since my car is still at the dealer waiting to be shipped to my house, and I totally forgot to check if the keys comes with a key number plate (supposed to be used when replacing keys if you ever lost one).

So to the guys who just took delivery, could you let me know if your keys come with that small metal tag with a few numbers on it? Also, this is my first time buying a ford so not so sure if ford even has this thing, the previous cars I've owned are all japanese cars and they all come with the small metal tag. If you don't know what I'm talking about, here's a picture of the tag I'm talking about.

Cyrus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Convertible
Just curious, since my car is still at the dealer waiting to be shipped to my house, and I totally forgot to check if the keys comes with a key number plate (supposed to be used when replacing keys if you ever lost one).

So to the guys who just took delivery, could you let me know if your keys come with that small metal tag with a few numbers on it? Also, this is my first time buying a ford so not so sure if ford even has this thing, the previous cars I've owned are all japanese cars and they all come with the small metal tag. If you don't know what I'm talking about, here's a picture of the tag I'm talking about.
Mine did not come with a key number plate as noted in your picture. My '16 Lincoln did not have one either. I've seen these in the past (it's been a while) and just filed them away.

DukeGaGa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mine did not come with a key number plate as noted in your picture. My '16 Lincoln did not have one either. I've seen these in the past (it's been a while) and just filed them away.
Cool thanks, no need to call dealership then.

DickR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ruby Red GTPP MagneRide 301A 10A and 1997 GT
My 15 came with a small paper tag with a bar code, printed number, and the words "save for customer records". This was in addition to the dealer inventory tag like the one in your picture.

Cyrus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Convertible
There were stickies on the back of each key. One was gone within 24 hours. I did save this one. There may be something here that could be used if a key was lost and I'm sure Ford has a record of my keys.
IMG_6014.JPG
Sponsored