Sponsored

2018 Mustang Orders Placed Thread (Vote/Share Here)

Which 2018 Mustang did you order?

• Total voters

goldviper

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Les
Vehicle(s)
Ordered 2018 Mustang GT 401A PP
Mine just went to "in Transit" and the delivery slipped from 1-11 to 1-18. Getting close.
Sponsored

Dfred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang V6 Vert Candy Apple Red
I got my new Mustang home in the garage yesterday...... summer tires with the perfomance package...... 20 degrees and snow....... I’m just going to go to the garage and sit in it......

Quarter Horse

Deathstroke
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
2018 Orange Fury Mustang GT Premium
I got my new Mustang home in the garage yesterday...... summer tires with the perfomance package...... 20 degrees and snow....... I’m just going to go to the garage and sit in it......
I know your pain. :eek:

I’ve been going to the corral way too often just to do the same.

HeavyMetalMonk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White 2018 GT Premium PP/MR
Question about orders- at what point is it too late to make a change? Mines not even on COTUS yet. I keep having second thoughts about what transmission to get...

jesse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT vert
How long should I expect form ordering to delivery? Is there a timeline laid out in some other thread that I am missing? I have a lease that will need to be turned in and I would like the mustang prior to a summer road trip. The dealer said it would be about 8 weeks if I order now.
Thanks

Sponsored

HeavyMetalMonk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you don't have a VIN assigned you should be good to make changes. I forgot what do you have ordered? My hardest decision was color. I still see lightning blue and magnetic as hard choices I passed up. The automatic never even crossed my mind.
White GT, pretty much loaded. I have the auto on it right now because I'm in SoCal and it's a daily driver. Manuals aren't fun in bumper to bumper...for me anyway.

But...I'm going in for a second interview for a place that would give me a company car to use daily...so the Mustang may not get driven quite as much so maybe I should go to the MT... I'll probably stick with the auto though.

slammedstangs

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.slammedstangs.com
Vehicle(s)
S197
White GT, pretty much loaded. I have the auto on it right now because I'm in SoCal and it's a daily driver. Manuals aren't fun in bumper to bumper...for me anyway.

But...I'm going in for a second interview for a place that would give me a company car to use daily...so the Mustang may not get driven quite as much so maybe I should go to the MT... I'll probably stick with the auto though.
I'd keep the 10-speed based on the feedback I've seen so far regarding performance, that's just me though.

HeavyMetalMonk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'd keep the 10-speed based on the feedback I've seen so far regarding performance, that's just me though.
I test drove one, and it was fantastic. I'll probably stick with it. Just second guessing myself...

sbrenskell

Waiting for OF
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stacie
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Gt Premium FB Orange fury
Vehicle Showcase
Well, this sucks my car moved to the 16th now! :(

It's in transit now! :D. Apparently it's been in transit since the 20th. And they just now updated Cotus. Called my salesman today and he didn't say it was in transit. So maybe Ford is behind in updating the dealers?

Last edited:

Sig556

White18
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2024 GT Premium / Iconic Silver 10 Speed Auto
Thouroughly Pissed Off

My vehicle info on COTUS disappeared two days ago and this morning it reappeared showing delivery in (2) days. So I was just turning in for the night and thought I would check the status. Now it says In Transit and delivery in 16 DAYS. This is pure Bullshit. I ordered this vehicle August 21st 2017.
Boys and Girls it has been 19 count them 19 weeks. My last 5 vehicles have all been ordered 2005 T-Bird, 2010 GT, 2011 GT, 2015 GT, and the 2018 GT. I have never been given the run around by any company as much as I have been by Ford. it's 12:23 AM right now but in the morning I'll be composing a letter to Ford and will be seriously looking at Camaro and Dodge. Is this any way to treat a loyal customer?

Sponsored

sbrenskell

Waiting for OF
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stacie
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
My vehicle info on COTUS disappeared two days ago and this morning it reappeared showing delivery in (2) days. So I was just turning in for the night and thought I would check the status. Now it says In Transit and delivery in 16 DAYS. This is pure Bullshit. I ordered this vehicle August 21st 2017.
Boys and Girls it has been 19 count them 19 weeks. My last 5 vehicles have all been ordered 2005 T-Bird, 2010 GT, 2011 GT, 2015 GT, and the 2018 GT. I have never been given the run around by any company as much as I have been by Ford. it's 12:23 AM right now but in the morning I'll be composing a letter to Ford and will be seriously looking at Camaro and Dodge. Is this any way to treat a loyal customer?
Mine says Delivery in 16 days as well. I'm hoping it isn't right cause it was put into In transit on the 20th. But it just showed up today... So I'm hoping it is just a flaw. I called my salesman today and he didn't tell me it was in transit. So I guess nobody knew it was in transit but Ford. Nice Ford Nice!!!

BigBoss5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP Premium
I ordered 08/22/17 and my status is still "In Order Processing". I check COTUS every day, waiting for any update lol. I'm not as upset since the weather is terrible here, but I still want the car that I ordered almost 5 months ago.

sbrenskell

Waiting for OF
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stacie
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I ordered 08/22/17 and my status is still "In Order Processing". I check COTUS every day, waiting for any update lol. I'm not as upset since the weather is terrible here, but I still want the car that I ordered almost 5 months ago.
I would call your dealer and ask questions. I ordered on 8/9 but I edited it on 8/26 to a fastback (they took the edited date) and my car is already built and in transit to me. Ask them when their timeslot is for it to be built(I can't remember the name.) When I was close to canceling my order the new car manager sat down and talked to me and told me everything they knew (it was in October.) I suggest going by the dealer and talking to them and seeing what's going on.

Dfred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang V6 Vert Candy Apple Red
Well, this sucks my car moved to the 16th now! :(

It's in transit now! :D. Apparently it's been in transit since the 20th. And they just now updated Cotus. Called my salesman today and he didn't say it was in transit. So maybe Ford is behind in updating the dealers?
My car was changed on cotus and set back a few days too....... then it was delivered on the same day it was set back...... so I got the car on the same day it was shipped. don’t put a lot of faith in cotus.....

PTM5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT PP A10
How long should I expect form ordering to delivery? Is there a timeline laid out in some other thread that I am missing? I have a lease that will need to be turned in and I would like the mustang prior to a summer road trip. The dealer said it would be about 8 weeks if I order now.
Thanks
Mine took right at two months from the time I ordered til the delivery date.
Sponsored