Sponsored

2018 Mustang GT Revealed (Video)!!

Bullitt2065

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Show me the MACH I already. Been waiting 2 years to see it....
Please don't let it have this ugly nose job
I can't imagine Mach 1 coming until 2019 - the 50th anniversary of the launch of the original Mach 1.

GT500 and Bullitt are probably your options for 2018 feature cars.
Sponsored

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
Frankly, I don't get what the fuss is all about. The changes are so minor that 99.9% of people wouldn't be able to tell a '15 from an '18 unless they were parked side by side looking at them from the front. I'm not a design freak nor am I into design details, that stuff usually means little to me. It's the same body with a few tiny tweaks. I'd be more interested in mechanical changes, if there are any.

Total non-event, IMHO.
Side by side, the will look they same because they didn't change anything.

Rear to rear, there will be only a slight difference, such as the valance and rounded tribars.

However front to front the changes are VERY noticeable.

Just because people have a different opinion than what was EXPECTED does not mean they are fusing or hating. It simply means they are stating their opinion...

The census has pretty much been shown on the new design here. Well over 75% of the people don't really like it and those are the people who buy Mustangs so that DOES and will matter to Ford.

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '90 GT, '00 Corvette FRC
I can't imagine Mach 1 coming until 2019 - the 50th anniversary of the launch of the original Mach 1.

GT500 and Bullitt are probably your options for 2018 feature cars.
This makes sense to me, given the significance of the anniversary dates.

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
Better shots and better colors will help...stay tuned.
Yeah I don't know man. The shear fact that this is one of those designs that only looks good in certain colors and certain angles is already a huge detractor from the 15-17. I'm not holding my breath on the official reveal to perform any miracles. Front end shots of the 18 only look good at a low perspective, otherwise you can see how droopy it is. Not good.

Aarron_M

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Honda Fit
I have a feeling they know what they want the 2020 model to look like, so they reverse engineered a design that blends the incoming 2020 with the 2015-17 to represent more of a transition, and so it wouldn't be as shocking.

Sponsored

Archer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT PP
I didn't think they could mess it up this bad. I did't really like the renderings that were going around, but this...this is hurting the good work they were doing with the last two generations.

At least I won't be tempted to trade in my 16 and lose money on it and, given the general reaction to the facelift I wouldn't be surprised if the 15s, 16s and 17s hold their value better than usual.

DeepImpactGTny

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Deep Impact Blue MT PP
Horrible, just horrible...ruined my favorite car of all time after just 3 years. Looks like a Hyundai elantra. This CANNOT be the same design team, looks like they fired those guys because they didn't like outselling the Camaro every month. Speaking of the Camaro, this reminds of me of that refresh they did for 2014, "to hold them over for the 6th gen"...Change for the sake of change. Except that was just boring, this is plain ugly.

Storm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S197 Mustang
I don't think it looks bad, but doesn't look stellar either. Definitely in need of better quality pics for better judgement. Some of the earlier posts with the photoshopped colors look good too (http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1681459&postcount=183).

The color accuracy in the video/screenshots is abyssal, which doesn't help the situation. They call that "Orange", whereas it looks straight yellow, and the tires have a green hue to them:

attachment.png

EDIT: Now that I look again, it looks like all the honeycombs in the front grille are open. Pretty sure that's new too.

camlitlow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 Camaro
Not a fan. Glad I got a 16. The S197's transformation was better. The 05-09 was good, 10-12 was so-so (I was not a fan) and the 13-14 was stunning.

Wireeater's picture of the frontend of his car is what makes the 15-17 fascia so beautiful. The lines flow really well on the 15-17. There is a common them to how the fascia is molded.

On the 18 the lines are all over the place. There is no symmetry. The grill is too overpowering.

Just my 2 cents

P2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Race Red Mustang GT Premium
The new look is horrible. They completely nerfed the aggressive looks of the front end and lines of the car. I was thinking that I would trade in my 15' GT for a new one after 3 years but if this is how the 18's look, then I think I will take a pass.... Way to mess up a great looking car Ford.

Sponsored

Gloucesternige

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT, GR Yaris, SWB Defender, Harley.
The more I look at this thread and study the video, I am becoming convinced this is a scam. The shot above with the green tyres is one possible giveaway, and I also noticed the lack of flickering lights and shadows on certain areas whilst in motion??

Still, is it just 1.5 hours to wait now for the official launch??

obgod3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT, PP1, 401A, A10
Hmmmm...I dont know if its that bad but dam that hood looks huge.
Sux2000.JPG

DFWStangGuy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Vehicle(s)
2019 Oxford White GT
I'm not a fan of the headlight shape or the change to the lower grille area, but I do like the new hood without the fangs/ridges.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
I have no doubt the video is a Ford effort......but as has been described in this thread already, it was found on an obscure news website, copied, then downloaded to YouTube, so it's lost a lot of quality in the process.

Hopefully the photos revealed at 11am (4pm UK) will show it in a much better light :)
Sponsored