Sponsored

2018 Mustang goes 10.30's with HO Kit (ON PUMP!?!)

diablomatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 s550 gt procharged,2012 GT F1X Procharged
Like when our car stone stock (stock tune) threw the cats out on the 5th loaded dyno pull. :( And my buddies stone stock GT350 ate a set at his first track day (also stock car).

But ya, the particulate filters is going to be a bugger. Just the wonderful things we have to look forward to. Dang soot and DI...

Oh they are, just chatting with the emissions guys, its going to be sooner then you think. :(

just retarded.... and we will just keep taking them right off :headbang::headbang:
Sponsored

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
:amen:So no way to run low 10's and keep them ?

I am considering adding an A10/PP/supercharger(ninja edit :ninja:)to the stable(tired of waiting on the GT 500) and had hoped to keep the exhaust as close to stock as possible .As with the rest of the car as much as possible(except for the supercharger -may be halfshafts/drive shafts/CB05) and still be able to run low 10's .

I am so tired of the raspy/"tinny" sound of headers(especially non catted ) I have had on all my previous supercharged mustangs (currently KB GT and ordered a whipple for the GT 350).

I honestly feel the stock manifolds sound better -the 18 with active exhaust sounds real good and my Hellion car with stock manifolds sound way better then the KB car with cat less long tubes (had to add multiple resonators to tone it down )

May be cat deletes but really don't want to increase the volume and then end up adding more resonators like I did with the KB car .:headbonk:

diablomatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

I am considering adding an A10/PP/supercharger(ninja edit :ninja:)to the stable(tired of waiting on the GT 500) and had hoped to keep the exhaust as close to stock as possible .As with the rest of the car as much as possible(except for the supercharger -may be halfshafts/drive shafts/CB05) and still be able to run low 10's .

I am so tired of the raspy/"tinny" sound of headers(especially non catted ) I have had on all my previous supercharged mustangs (currently KB GT and ordered a whipple for the GT 350).

I honestly feel the stock manifolds sound better -the 18 with active exhaust sounds real good and my Hellion car with stock manifolds sound way better then the KB car with cat less long tubes (had to add multiple resonators to tone it down )

May be cat deletes but really don't want to increase the volume and then end up adding more resonators like I did with the KB car .:headbonk:
maks car is pretty quiet with without the cats. they dont have the active exhaust though. with the active exhaust you can make it as quiet as you want. i cant say rather its doable or not with cats on on it. whipple is in the high 10s with cat and they just started testing. the procharger setup could do low 10's with them im pretty sure.

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
maks car is pretty quiet with without the cats. they dont have the active exhaust though. with the active exhaust you can make it as quiet as you want. i cant say rather its doable or not with cats on on it. whipple is in the high 10s with cat and they just started testing. the procharger setup could do low 10's with them im pretty sure.
Thanks man .So did you mean MAK's car is quiet without the cats ?

You make a good point as I would get the active exhaust so would be able to tamp it down if needed with just cat deletes (I would much rather than headers again ).

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto

You make a good point as I would get the active exhaust so would be able to tamp it down if needed with just cat deletes (I would much rather than headers again ).
I have a procharger car that is going 9's this season and have the complete stock exhaust except cat deletes.Its real quiet and most don't even think it's moded until they hear the blow off valve after it breaks the tires loose.It went 10.20 at 138 last year on ms109 and a 4.88 pulley.Now on e85 and 4.75 pulley.100 percent stock suspension.But the exhaust sounds close to stock.

Sponsored

kcc0521

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bo
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
I have a procharger car that is going 9's this season and have the complete stock exhaust except cat deletes.Its real quiet and most don't even think it's moded until they hear the blow off valve after it breaks the tires loose.It went 10.20 at 138 last year on ms109 and a 4.88 pulley.Now on e85 and 4.75 pulley.100 percent stock suspension.But the exhaust sounds close to stock.

It just seemed quiet because it was following behind my Paxton car with long tubes and stock mufflers!

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
It just seemed quiet because it was following behind my Paxton car with long tubes and stock mufflers!
Yea ok keep putting off that fuel system and watch what happens this season!!.

diablomatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

correct, car ONLY has cat deletes and is still quiet.

OP
OP
ProChargerTECH

ProChargerTECH

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang(s)

I know plenty of people that have gone VERY fast and kept them.
10s, 9's, etc.

Its the people that think its a good idea to race bikes down the highway to 200mph, that fail them fast. But usually, their piston rings aren't far behind on failing at that point, so the kittys aren't much of a concern at that point.

However doing 1/8th mile and 1/4 mile hits only, helps keep the heat down on those two parts, and allows for motors (and kittys) to live happy lives.

THAT BEING SAID: My buddies GT350 ate a set of cats, stone stock on its first trip to the road course. And I have had a car fail a set on the dyno stone stock as well. I will chuck those both up to bad luck. My personal daily driver has 237,xxx miles on its stock cats with BOOST, and has never missed a beat. (stock procharger tune)

Sponsored

AdrianMAK

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.makperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 TY Mustang GT Premium

WhiteNoise

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 OW GT PP
Can i get a complete list of the mods done when this happened? Looking into a Procharger setup for my 18 GT.

AdrianMAK

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.makperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 TY Mustang GT Premium
Can i get a complete list of the mods done when this happened? Looking into a Procharger setup for my 18 GT.
Shoot us a PM and we can help you out.
Sponsored