Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
True and built ones even higher, the one hard to quantify thing is the improved exhaust savaging that the FPC offers due to firing balance between the two cylinder banks. For extreme/peak applications this could really give it the edge. For a race car that is power restricted anyway, perhaps the value is lost.
I agree with you on this.
Sponsored

5.0 435

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
.07 Shelby SGT #0016 ...18 GT PP1 manual
Ford changed the firing order that Ferrari used in their smaller engine so it would sound more like CPC engine. They didn't want a mustang sounding like a Ferrari. Therefore they were not getting all there was in the FPC design. Ferrari knew engine size in a street car had its limits when using the FPC. Race engine was another story ....15000 RPMs and rebuild every race. Ford can't sell race cars and have its owners rebuild each race.
I expect great things out of the GT4 program. Let's give credit to ford for creating one hell of a mustang with the engines choices they have. GM can't compete with the style of the mustang. That's why I've owned so many.

Last edited:

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I think it has less to do with the firing order (its still a L/R balance) and more to do with the shared intake and manifold design. I bet if someone made a set of true equal length shorties it would scream in a similar fashion.

L8APEX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 Raptor
Good news for me! I still want to order a R if I can.

Darkane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Base
I think it has less to do with the firing order (its still a L/R balance) and more to do with the shared intake and manifold design. I bet if someone made a set of true equal length shorties it would scream in a similar fashion.
Exactly. Get a proper dual intake and TB system (think two Honda inline 4 manifolds) sitting on the engine, proper headers and exhaust and it will sound much more exotic. There just wasn't packaging room under the hood.

Sponsored

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Good news for me! I still want to order a R if I can.
Better start looking. I dropped my second R allocation at 10k and just after I dropped it they had a buyer at 20k and said their 18 would be 20k too. I'm doubting it but that's what they told me and a friend confirmed.

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I clearly stated AMERICAN V8. And getting high HP/liter is easier out of smaller engines since there is less rotating mass. Honda has been doing 100hp/liter since the 1980s, but who cares when the total output is only 160hp. And either way the voodoo is putting out more HP and way more torque than both of those as well.

And while those engines you mentioned are great performers, they have been reliability nightmares. Some 991 GT3s are on engine number 3 already, they are much closer to a race motor than a production motor for a street car. And the S65 rod bearing issue is very well known as well. We'll have to wait and see how the voodoo holds up in the long run.

MCarsFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I clearly stated AMERICAN V8. And getting high HP/liter is easier out of smaller engines since there is less rotating mass. Honda has been doing 100hp/liter since the 1980s, but who cares when the total output is only 160hp. And either way the voodoo is putting out more HP and way more torque than both of those as well.

And while those engines you mentioned are great performers, they have been reliability nightmares. Some 991 GT3s are on engine number 3 already, they are much closer to a race motor than a production motor for a street car. And the S65 rod bearing issue is very well known as well. We'll have to wait and see how the voodoo holds up in the long run.
Ok fine, if you are saying American V8, I retract my statement.

Regarding reliability, fully aware and nothing to say about that.

ARS1

GT350 Member H2678
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Shadow BLK/Blue Ordered 8/25
Wow this FPC vs CPC beef is worse than the V8 vs Ecoturd beef on the F150 forums :frusty:

I do agree with the reliability issue though and that's why as much as I'd love to put a TT setup on mine it's way to much of a gamble at this point. Once folks start getting over 50k miles on their cars and some years under the FPC's belt we have absolutely no clue what's going to happen. They could vibrate themselves completely apart by then for all we know and Ford could have to do a CPC swap into the cars who knows what the future holds :shrug: The vast majority of these cars out there have low miles on them and have never been tracked. All those track attack cars could be undergoing extensive repairs between events. If they were do you really think they would tell a bunch of guys that just bought one :lol: Not a chance in hell would they be honest about that. There's already enough bad MOJO on the Voodooo out there. I just hope mine holds up because this is by far the best and most enjoyable vehicle I've owned and I've had quite a few high end sports cars. :cheers:

Sponsored

montreal ponies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Ruby red GT350
The sky is falling, take cover. :doh:

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
That article is from October and also about the same time frame of when those rumors started and died down. Grain. 'O. Salt.
But the same day, you say it's confirmed via YouTube ;)
[ame]

z460

MR.BIG SHOT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JT
Vehicle(s)
f250
All i it will be a GT500 and i will buy for sure i would like it to be a TT V8 pushing 700hp plus