Sponsored

2018 GT vs 2016 Camaro - Track Times Compared w/Video

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Aftermarket coolers don't void the warranty lol.
I know it's been frustrating to me buying OEM Ford coolers for my Ford and knowing that my warranty is gone.
Sponsored

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
I know it's been frustrating to me buying OEM Ford coolers for my Ford and knowing that my warranty is gone.
Coolers do not void the warranty.

16 GT MM/Auto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KIA Stinger GT AWD
While "Item A" or "Item B" may not void the warranty, if Ford says it does, you're literally up a creek without a paddle.

They'll out lawyer virtually everybody, anytime, anywhere.

The best thing to do with a new car is don't mod it until the warranty expires, or mod and be keenly aware of the potential consequences.

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
While "Item A" or "Item B" may not void the warranty, if Ford says it does, you're literally up a creek without a paddle.

They'll out lawyer virtually everybody, anytime, anywhere.

The best thing to do with a new car is don't mod it until the warranty expires, or mod and be keenly aware of the potential consequences.
It’s on the dealership to prove the item was the direct cause of failure. In the case of the transmission cooler (that ford actually recommends for severe duty) it’s an impossible task for them. And of course, per the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act, the dealership is on the hook for all court and lawyer fees if/when they lose.

Keep in mind, transmission coolers come stock on many cars and trucks today for a reason. Adding one correctly can never be proven to be detrimental or cause failure. We’re not talking about an aftermarket tune or even an oil separator, were talking about an item that is designed and made to make a transmission last longer under any conditions.

Now if they can prove that you installed it incorrectly….for sure you’re on the hook.

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
The latest talking point out of the Toilet Meltdown Club over on Camaro6?

The S550 was a failure.

Yep, a failure..Ford clearly has shit the bed on this generation, it's a total failure. The S550 is a failed platform that is useless as a performance car, can't handle, can't do anything and is useless.

Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Their a fun bunch. You gotta drink the cool aid.

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette

The S550 was a failure.

Yep, a failure..Ford clearly has shit the bed on this generation, it's a total failure. The S550 is a failed platform that is useless as a performance car, can't handle, can't do anything and is useless.
Lol more fake news about sales. I myself don’t really care about sales as there are a lot of external factors that contribute to them but calling the S550 platform a failure is a stretch. The Mustang looks like it will lead sales again for the third year in a row. 2015 and 2016 were the two top years of any of the big three since the Camaro came back (why was the Camaro not around in 2003-2009ish?) even in 2016 against the superior Camaro.

Who came up with retail sales are the only sales that matter? Who came up with the whole I would rather have the rare car? Who came up with better profits = better car? Why did GM have to run huge 20%+ sales on the Camaro? Why would someone buy a used Camaro for more than a new one with the huge discounts pushing down resale value? Why did GM just come out a few months ago and say they want to bring out a car with less options and at a lower price point to compete with the lower cost alternatives? When did GM leak how much it makes per car?

:lol:

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Coolers do not void the warranty.
The parts that are cooled by the coolers on my car (all made by Ford and all the same as what would have come on my car if I had purchased it with different options) are not covered by warranties. Do you prefer that way of saying it?

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
The parts that are cooled by the coolers on my car (all made by Ford and all the same as what would have come on my car if I had purchased it with different options) are not covered by warranties. Do you prefer that way of saying it?
The coolers themselves are not covered. Everything that the coolers cool....are still covered. The warranty on the engine, transmission and differential doesn't magically evaporate when you add coolers (especially when recommended by official ford documentation for heavy duty use).

Transmission coolers have been standard add-ons for eons is trucks. Their purpose isn't to add performance, but to aide in part longevity.

Call up any Ford dealership and ask them….they’ll all tell you the same.

Now by some freak chance you run across a dealership that tries to deny a warranty claim because of your cooler….it’s going to be a court matter. The only way they will win in court in regards to coolers is if they can show the cooler was installed improperly or that damage done to the cooler caused failure. Otherwise, they will not be able to show that the coolers caused damage when a) The recommend adding them and b) They are offered in the GT350, the F150 as well as in other manufacturers.

If it were me, a cooler would be one of the few things I would be comfortable adding on and maintaining warranty.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels

The S550 was a failure.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

So many morons over there....

Sponsored

16 GT MM/Auto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KIA Stinger GT AWD
It’s on the dealership to prove the item was the direct cause of failure. In the case of the transmission cooler (that ford actually recommends for severe duty) it’s an impossible task for them. And of course, per the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act, the dealership is on the hook for all court and lawyer fees if/when they lose.

Keep in mind, transmission coolers come stock on many cars and trucks today for a reason. Adding one correctly can never be proven to be detrimental or cause failure. We’re not talking about an aftermarket tune or even an oil separator, were talking about an item that is designed and made to make a transmission last longer under any conditions.

Now if they can prove that you installed it incorrectly….for sure you’re on the hook.
Not really.

First off, it's not on the "dealership" who will be getting involved if it involves a full warranty denial. You'll be dealing with Ford Corporate, and that's where the full entourage of lawyers enters the picture.

Second, litigation is a two way street. It's not just them proving why you voided the warranty, it's also your lawyer responding with proof as to why you did not.

Third, the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act is not carte blanche for owners doing whatever they want. As with most issues involving law, it comes down to interpretation and how the judge/jurors understand what was presented to them.

So again, the best bet (the only really sure bet) to not voiding one's warranty is to not mod the car.

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
Not really.

First off, it's not on the "dealership" who will be getting involved if it involves a full warranty denial. You'll be dealing with Ford Corporate, and that's where the full entourage of lawyers enters the picture.

Second, litigation is a two way street. It's not just them proving why you voided the warranty, it's also your lawyer responding with proof as to why you did not.

Third, the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act is not carte blanche for owners doing whatever they want. As with most issues involving law, it comes down to interpretation and how the judge/jurors understand what was presented to them.

So again, the best bet (the only really sure bet) to not voiding one's warranty is to not mod the car.
The Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act dictates that the burden of proof lies solely on the dealer/manufacturer. It’s not a two way street, although being able to show that Ford recommends coolers for heavy duty use…and has OEM mustangs that come from the factory with coolers really makes this a no brainer.

This is one of the few instances of a no-coverage being a slam dunk case. You are adding something that Ford recommends, that’s on other Ford vehicles and adds longevity to OEM parts. And when you win, Ford is responsible for your lawyer fees.

Call up any dealer nationwide and they tell you the same….none are going to deny coverage for properly installed transmission coolers.

Honestly, I’m not sure where the idea that any modifications somehow instantly void your warranty came from….but it’s getting a bit out of control.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
The coolers themselves are not covered. Everything that the coolers cool....are still covered. The warranty on the engine, transmission and differential doesn't magically evaporate when you add coolers (especially when recommended by official ford documentation for heavy duty use).

If it were me, a cooler would be one of the few things I would be comfortable adding on and maintaining warranty.
I have a track pack transmission, lines and cooler in my tech pack GT350. I bought them from the local dealer. None of them are covered by warranty. The factory lines and cooler don't bolt up to a tech pack transmission and there is no pump in the tech pack transmission either.

I also have a rear diff cooler, pump and lines - all Ford parts and purchased from the local dealer and not covered by warranty.

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
I have a track pack transmission, lines and cooler in my tech pack GT350. I bought them from the local dealer. None of them are covered by warranty. The factory lines and cooler don't bolt up to a tech pack transmission and there is no pump in the tech pack transmission either.

I also have a rear diff cooler, pump and lines - all Ford parts and purchased from the local dealer and not covered by warranty.
Right, coolers and lines aren't covered, but the transmission and rear end still are.

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
Are you guys actually reading millhouse's posts? Obviously the coolers you add after the fact aren't going to be umbrella'd under your existing warranty. But adding a cooling device is in no way going to jeopardize the warranty of its parent part. Maybe if you puncture your cooler or install it half-assed and all of your fluid leaks out because of that and you toast your transmission, but that is literally the only way I could see it coming out against you.
Sponsored