2018 GT vs 2015 GT on the dyno

GNN60GT500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
19 GT PP1 20 F250 6.7 20 Explorer
Buy the new car, that's my motto. It makes you look good too (not a penny pinching miserable git)
If you don't want to look like a penny pinching git then buy the Shelby. Don't settle for just the GT then you will look really cool. Super models will throw themselves at you. Traffic will all pull to the right. It will be as though Jesus is your passenger.
Sponsored

chain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT
It's just people justifying their purchase, and that's fine. You always get this kind of hate for the newer model. A

At the same time, if you're in it for the power, keep the 15-17 gt, and mod it. Not only are the 18s more expensive, you figure you'll lose quite a bit on depreciation (depending how old the car is).

Honestly, trading your 15-17 in because you want more power is the least wise thing you could do (IMO). You could take that same money you'd lose and put it towards a power adder.
Totally agree. I won't be trading mine in. I am happy. :headbang:

Chameleon

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ebay.com
Vehicle(s)
03' Cobra, 05' GT, 13' GT, 15' GT

raceredftw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT w/ Performance Pack
I will not buy an automatic transmission as long as a manual is an option, so the straight line advantage conferred by the A10 in the '18s means nothing to me. Autos have been faster in a straight line for years - an auto '16 GT is already faster than my manual '16 GT.

I'd like to see some comparisons of a manual 18 with PP1 to a manual 15-17 with PP (0-60, quarter mile, track times, etc). I'm honestly bored/sick of hearing about the A10 because it's just completely irrelevant to what I want in a vehicle.

Besides, don't like 60% of Mustang GT buyers buy a manual? I don't get why people are so obsessed with the A10 if the majority will still buy a manual.

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
Besides, don't like 60% of Mustang GT buyers buy a manual? I don't get why people are so obsessed with the A10 if the majority will still buy a manual.
I forget where I read it..but lately the take rate has been higher on the automatics than manuals, both in the Mustang and in the Camaro/Challenger.

Sponsored

hlh1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10
I forget where I read it..but lately the take rate has been higher on the automatics than manuals, both in the Mustang and in the Camaro/Challenger.
I sure hope a real manual gearbox will always be an option, and not some "fake" manual like an auto with shift paddles. But I read somewhere that manuals are like 1% of all the vehicle sales.

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
I sure hope a real manual gearbox will always be an option, and not some "fake" manual like an auto with shift paddles. But I read somewhere that manuals are like 1% of all the vehicle sales.
Manuals will probably disappear right at about the time a hybrid engine is in the Mustang, so...2020.

Manuals hurt fuel economy averages, can't have that!

hlh1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10
Manuals will probably disappear right at about the time a hybrid engine is in the Mustang, so...2020.

Manuals hurt fuel economy averages, can't have that!
My right foot hurts the fuel economy average! :cheers:
Sponsored