Sponsored

2018 GT A10 Basket case of issues...

gmupatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT (Orange Fury), 401A, A10, 3.55
I have a 2019 A10 almost 3k miles.
Just had the lurch from park to drive happen to me. Got on it a bit on the highway today and if the car is in sport mode when shifting from 4th to 5th the car bucks. I really don’t wanna take it in :/

If it’s in normal drive it seems fine but sport mode is throwing it off.
My 2018 GT does the same thing from 4-5, it is sometimes so harsh my foot gets pushed off the gas pedal. At times it does the same behavior when shifting from 2-3 but not when going 1-3. Go figure.
Sponsored

blue350gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Lightning Blue GT PP
My car was built in March as well. They are supposed to give me an update this afternoon on the car. It's definitely driving differently than when I first bought it. I might be able to live with the ticking (might being a strong word) but the transmission is starting to really bother me.Hopefully I'll be able to let y'all know what they say later this evening.

**Update** I received a call from the dealership today. They have gotten approval from Ford to fix the transmission. They are unsure of the cause so far but stated that something has failed and they will let me know once the cause is determined.
any update? have they told you what they are going to fix?

PandaMike5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Magnetic GT Premium A10
any update? have they told you what they are going to fix?
They did not tell me what the issue was yet, only that they were waiting on parts. The service adviser does not seem as knowledgeable as the tech that I spoke with when I dropped the car off. I'm going on day 9 of being out of service though and I don't think they have looked at the motor tick yet. The tick sounds way worse than the transmission issue I was having so I don't have my hopes too high that much good will come out of it. I'll reach out tomorrow to see if they can specify what the exact issue was.

PandaMike5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Magnetic GT Premium A10
So they were not very specific today other than one of the broken pieces is on back order and won't arrive until February 15th...womp womp

blue350gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I attemted to do the KAM reset by disconnecting the battery but this does not work, I can confirm using forscan and doing a transmission adaptive learning reset took care of the lurch on P to D and the harsh downshift 4 to 3, transmission is shifting smooth again. I may have reset it on a regular basis until a actual fix is found...

Sponsored

Rash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Magnetic/Showstopper Red, 401A, Active Exhaust
I attemted to do the KAM reset by disconnecting the battery but this does not work, I can confirm using forscan and doing a transmission adaptive learning reset took care of the lurch on P to D and the harsh downshift 4 to 3, transmission is shifting smooth again. I may have reset it on a regular basis until a actual fix is found...
What did you change with Forscan? And what adaptive learning reset method did you use?

blue350gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Capture.PNG

its one of the options under service functions

Rash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So you just did the forescan, not the procedure described in the manual to reset adaptive learning?

Yusenkyo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Victor
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford ecoboost mustang
Hi everyone.

I have a 2018 ecoboost base with the auto tranny.
I've been reading the forum trying to see if anyone had discovered the issue in the tranny.

In my case about four months ago I took it to the dealership as the transmission would jerk or kick like a mule when I shifted to either reverse or drive.

They did a software update (reflash) the tranny and it resolved it or so it seemed. About two weeks ago and till present after the car has driven for a while and everything in normal (based on the gauges) and the tranny temp is normal (above 150 - 200 (if traffic)) if I shift to drive after placing in neutral (because of standing still traffic) or stopping somewhere and get in to drive again it will lurch or jerk forward.

I took it back to the dealership and all they said was that's normal on the tranny and that you already had the software update,if you want we can reflash it again but no promise that will fix it forever. So I opted not to reflash again since the lurching is not as before and hoping to hear or get an actual fixable result.

I've read people talking about having the tranny body valve replaced is that only for extreme cases?

I drive my car like driving Ms Daisy never hard rev or speeding of the traffic light. (Also I always wait fort my cat ran to drop below 1k before moving the great selector) The highest I've seen the tach was one time 4k and that was a slow rolling start . And that was when the car hit 10k in the odometer.. right now got 11k

Like I saw above is the only viable fix the constant reflash?

Also this lurch or jerking only happens after the car is in operating temperature, I'm the morning or in the evening (after my 12hr shift) and I start it and wait for it to drop rpm to 1k it shifts to drive like butter you don't even feel it.

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP
Matco

Matco

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 2018 Mustang GT 1996 Ford Bronco
Just dropped it off at the dealer, First dealer said the noise was normal, this dealer said that definitely doesn't sound good. They are also going to look at the transmission, I'll keep the updates coming as soon as I get more info

Dusten

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dusten
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang, 2001 Ford Lightning, 1968 Ford Mustang
I have the same hard shifting issue. In normal mode, the RPM seems to fluctuate once I get to either 4th or 5th gear (it’ll dip about 400 RPM under normal acceleration and then continue to accelerate smoothly) and then when decelerating it’ll be a hard downshift when I get to 3rd gear that’s always noticeable. Maybe it’s the torque converter?

I also have the AC oscillation issue, but it happens at random times.

That 400 rpm drop is likely the converter locking up

OP
OP
Matco

Matco

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 2018 Mustang GT 1996 Ford Bronco
Well I have the car back, when I dropped it off yesterday morning he said it would be there a couple weeks. It was there for 9 hours LOL the transmission was low about 2 qts on fluid so they said they drained it to check for metal or any signs of damage but my paperwork said they topped it off with fluid and it test drove fine. I need to crawl under it to see if they drained it or not... as far as the engine rattle tick whatever you want to call it they now claim its a normal characteristic of the 5.0's ive only driven it about 35 miles and the transmission seems back to normal shifting smooth and no more harsh down shifts or jerk from P to D

subbz

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Performance Pack Level 2
I'm having the similar problems as the OP. Shifting from P to D it lurches. Shifting down coming to a stop is very harsh. I've also had a little bit of a lag shifting up in the lower gears as well. Also when I go WOT it seems to hesitate before finding the right gear. Took it to our service dept and it looks like the transmission oil pump is broken and had the wrong fluid from the factory. There's a new TSB on the auto trans that they released a few weeks back that says to change the transmission fluid. What I thought was normal operating condition since it seems like everyone was having similar problems actually isn't. They're going to be replacing the transmission once they have the parts available. I'd suggest anyone having this issue to get it looked over and don't accept the normal operating condition spiel until they can prove otherwise. I'm lucky that I work at the dealership and have a good relationship with the techs so they go over it pretty thoroughly. Hope this helps!

Rash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Any info on the new TSB?
Sponsored