Sponsored

2018 Ecoboost Cobb Accessport

Marvinmadman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 EBM
You mean the Cobb AP output of Max HP/TQ in Normal/Sport+/ Track?

Which gears would you want me to do the pulls with? 3rd? 4th? 2nd?
Pretty sure it will update through all the gears and keep the highest. That's all I did. But a 3rd gear pull would probably make things a little more standardized.
Sponsored

ihasnostang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Saturn ion, 2019 201A, EB PP1, Ruby Red
why would you do it in any other gear than 5th?

edit: got confused with NX2 turbo thread which was talking about dynos

Last edited:

Marvinmadman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 EBM
Because that would require a lot more open road for one. And the Accessport knows which gear you're in.

TurboStang18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Ecoboost MT, PP, 101A, Spoiler Delete
@zsameer
The COBB tunes carry across the different driving modes, except for Rain/Snow, that's left stock.
Also, the throttle sensitivity is backed off a bit in Sport+, Track and Drag Strip, compared to the factory map.
As someone posted earlier, the Cobb tunes are a bit smoother overall compared to factory.
Personally, I like the factory throttle sensitivity a little better, but I'm getting used to the COBB setup.
I'm pretty sure someone from COBB chimed in on one of these threads, with answers to questions regarding drive modes and throttle sensitivity.

apx632

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Mustang Stock- 13.64@100 1/4 mile
You can review the datalogs yourself, but you would need to know how to interpret the data.
The Accessport saves the datalog as a .csv file that you can then import into Excel and view all the logged parameters.
Once its in Excel, you can then select the columns you want to view as a line graph. Example: I have my Accessport set to datalog the parameters in that screen shot i posted.
I data logged a full 3rd gear pull from 2500rpm to redline. I took that datalog file and imported it into Excel. So what I wanted to know was, my knock count for all cylinders, where they occurred under load, how intense they were, and if/ how the timing bounced back after correction.
In Excel, I selected the 4 columns pertaining to cylinder ignition correction, Ign corr cyl1,2,3 and 4, and created a line graph to get a visual of the dynamics. I can also look at the datalog chart and see exactly when and where the knock occurred, how intense it was, and if it kept occurring.
This stuff is all free, it's just part of the Accessport features. You can't edit the tune, but you can see everything that's going on and know exactly how your tune is running.
To learn how to interpret the data so you can monitor your tunes, there's a bunch of free information available at Stratified Automotive Controls website.
The COBB Accessport is an Awesome tool, regardless of who's tune you are running. Sorry if I info overloaded or sidetracked the thread, but I'm a design engineer and I get geeked out on this stuff. Plus I thinks it pretty nuts what you can do now days, compared to hotrodding when I was a kid.
IMG_0969.jpg
IMG_0970.jpg
Neat stuff. I just use a website called datazap.me and get an easy to read data file like below. For an extreme novice such as myself, and likely most consumers this may be easier to read and see what is going on for the most part.
datalog.PNG

Sponsored

rii_505

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ricardo
Vehicle(s)
Mustang ecoboost 2018
hi, after reading all the good things and gains a tune can make I've decided I want one now, so Iknow this not the right place to ask....but if anyone wants to sell a cobb i'm interested. let me know :)

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
hi, after reading all the good things and gains a tune can make I've decided I want one now, so Iknow this not the right place to ask....but if anyone wants to sell a cobb i'm interested. let me know :)
If you don't find one on here, there is a separate ecoboost only forum, idk if the mods will let me post it but just search on Google and you should find it, you may have luck there
Sponsored