breeves002

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
They actually don't change day or night. You can change them to whatever color you want though.

IDS works for this but its a royal pain in the ass. You have to do ALL lines of as built and you must have the checksums correct. FORScan auto calc's the checksums so you don't need to do them.

If you go to the spreadsheet link it has a pretty good set of as built near the bottom you can use as a baseline. If you have a base model car with no features it will work well, otherwise you'll just need to adjust it based on your feature set. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1T-CjMpdlxwBljFb0EQHlD1stsH_thMQpUDSwWylL-wI/edit#gid=0
Sponsored

zero_chance

Dismember
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JD
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium w/ Performance Pack
Good to know. I don't have direct access to IDS anymore, so I will be making my way with Forscan when the time comes. I have the 401A package with BLIS, but no auto wipers or auto cruise. Ive already been looking at the spread sheet and trying to figure out what Im going to need to change. I would like to try and figure out the high beam issue, not for my sake because I've never actually needed them, but maybe that can be my contribution to all this.

OP
OP
breeves002

breeves002

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Do you have the enhanced security package and reverse parking sensors?

The high beam issue I'm 99% sure is a problem with the SCCM sending a new (different) message for 2018. Since we need the 2018 SCCM we'd need a 2018 BCM too to make it work. This is unfortunate and means we're probably screwed. I do not believe any As-built changes will fix it sadly.

zero_chance

Dismember
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JD
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium w/ Performance Pack
I have the backup camera but opted to go without the sensors, can't stand them. And no on the enhanced security. I was going to compare the 17 and 18s wiring diagrams to see if I could decipher it that way, but I agree with your line of thinking in regard to the likelihood of the steering column module no longer sending the correct signal to the body control module. In theory it could still be as "simple" as a minor rewire or repin. Once I have them in front of me it should tell me a lot. Even if its bad news.

OP
OP
breeves002

breeves002

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
It's pretty simple then for your as built data. If you want a 6500 RPM indicated redline just use the sample as built data I have with 1 change. Change 720-02-02 to 0xxx xxxx xxxx. Everything else should be set correctly for your car if you use the very BOTTOM as built not the baseline one but mine.

I don't think a rewire/repin will help. The message is sent over the can bus then the bcm enables. From what I've looked at at least. Worth another set of eyes though.

Sponsored

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
A 2017 miraculous little beast
Great write-up! Thanks for sharing the information.

Has anyone with a European Mustang done this already? Is there any way to buy the parts in Europe? I am asking this because the import taxes in Europe will make this even more expensive.

OP
OP
breeves002

breeves002

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Call your Ford dealer and ask. I suspect you can get the parts there since they’re selling the car in Europe. Just make sure all the parts are the same for RHD if you require it. Which since you’re in Greece I assume you are LHD like us.

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
A 2017 miraculous little beast
Thanks man, I am LHD like you. I will ask my dealer, but I am certain that the parts will be more expensive than ordering them from the US and finding a way to have them sent here without tax. Will look into that before doing anything.

OP
OP
breeves002

breeves002

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Well good luck! I guess owning a Ford in the US has its perks.

OP
OP
breeves002

breeves002

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
All - DanMc85 figured out the high beams problem. If you have completed the swap you just need to make one as built change in the SCCM.

724-01-01 xxxx 2xxx xx. Thats it! WOoooo.

Sponsored

JSCOTT0812

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT
I have a couple questions just to make sure I am good to go before ordering all of the parts, but first off, thanks for creating this awesome thread!!!

I have a 2015 Premium EB however I swapped out the MFT for the SYNC 3 system w/ nav so that I would have apple car play. Will there be any hiccups that I haven't accounted for other than the FORScan data updates?

Also, I have zero experience with modifying that data. Is it fairly easy following the spread sheet that was posted, or should I pay one of you guys to help me over the phone? haha.

Thanks again everyone!

Last edited:

db252

Equinsu Ocha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Premium/PP/Nav
You are good to go and will have more benefit with the sync3/nav as the nav can be displayed in the center screen while sync3 is in another page you prefer. Most of us use another gps source but it’s nice in a pinch.
You seem to have good history with forscan so it won’t be an issue either but we are always here to help.

SpArKy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Thanks man, I am LHD like you. I will ask my dealer, but I am certain that the parts will be more expensive than ordering them from the US and finding a way to have them sent here without tax. Will look into that before doing anything.
[MENTION=27749]MakStang[/MENTION]
The dash cluster itself in the UK (still europe) is about ÂŁ2600 (that's $3,606). Much cheaper to import from the states even with taxes and shipping.

The rest of the parts are all available on Fords system and reasonably priced, in some cases cheaper than the US variants. They are all in stock in Germany so a 7-10 day lead time to the UK (theses were RHD variants though, you'd still be LHD). Worth noting they won't let us buy the SCCM on it's own, they insist on all the trim and stalks around it too which offsets the parts cost saved elsewhere.

This is despite there only being 1 or 2 MY18s in the UK at the moment and Ford staff on the whole still claiming it doesn't even exist.

OP
OP
breeves002

breeves002

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I have a couple questions just to make sure I am good to go before ordering all of the parts, but first off, thanks for creating this awesome thread!!!

I have a 2015 Premium EB however I swapped out the MFT for the SYNC 3 system w/ nav so that I would have apple car play. Will there be any hiccups that I haven't accounted for other than the FORScan data updates?

Also, I have zero experience with modifying that data. Is it fairly easy following the spread sheet that was posted, or should I pay one of you guys to help me over the phone? haha.

Thanks again everyone!
If [MENTION=20657]db252[/MENTION] can modify the as built data, you can too. :ninja: Low blow at DB's computer skills there.

If you want I can make the IPC and SCCM as built files for you based off your vin and email them to you. PM me if you'd be interested in that.

It is great you already upgraded to Sync 3. You'll get 100% functionality of the cluster this way!

OP
OP
breeves002

breeves002

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
[MENTION=27749]MakStang[/MENTION]
The dash cluster itself in the UK (still europe) is about ÂŁ2600 (that's $3,606). Much cheaper to import from the states even with taxes and shipping.

The rest of the parts are all available on Fords system and reasonably priced, in some cases cheaper than the US variants. They are all in stock in Germany so a 7-10 day lead time to the UK (theses were RHD variants though, you'd still be LHD). Worth noting they won't let us buy the SCCM on it's own, they insist on all the trim and stalks around it too which offsets the parts cost saved elsewhere.

This is despite there only being 1 or 2 MY18s in the UK at the moment and Ford staff on the whole still claiming it doesn't even exist.
Holy crap. Yeah importing from US seems like the better bet. MAN that sucks.

Yes you can't buy the SCCM alone. You have to buy the whole thing. We figured that out. Honestly its way easier since you most likely need a new clock spring too and not just the SCCM since there are 2 additional buttons added. The MFS' are extra since you already have the exact ones you need but all things considered the whole assembly isn't that expensive. At least here.
Sponsored