Sponsored

2018 Active Exhaust Install Guide

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jarred
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium
Thought I would give an update on my install so if anyone else runs into the same issue they will have somewhere to look. I was able to find pins that allowed me to add pins to connector C264 instead of using wire taps and that solved my problem. I was able to turn ignition on with no errors and change modes with the cluster. Was also able to verify the actuators work. I guess since it is such a small gauge wire the t-taps were not able to crimp tight enough to get a good connection.
Sponsored

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
Got tired of the stock 2018 mufflers. Opportunity came up to grab some 18+ active corsas. They sound better open vs the stocks. It’s pretty quiet closed as well but sound has a muffled tone to it, didn’t matter to me, quiet with valve closed is what mattered.

55C56A27-B0CC-4031-A817-628140A63A14.jpeg

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Got tired of the stock 2018 mufflers. Opportunity came up to grab some 18+ active corsas. They sound better open vs the stocks. It’s pretty quiet closed as well but sound has a muffled tone to it, didn’t matter to me, quiet with valve closed is what mattered.

55C56A27-B0CC-4031-A817-628140A63A14.jpeg
Coming in late, but you have them on a '15? How do you control them?

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jarred
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium
I have encountered another issue with my install. To verify everything was working properly I just took the actuators off the muffler and plugged them into the wiring on the car. Everything worked like it should so I shut the car off thinking everything was good. Finally had a chance to get the car to a muffler shop to have the mufflers installed so I thought I would go ahead and reinstall the actuators before going. I'm not sure what happened but it appears the spring did not go back to the same orientation after testing that it was when I removed it from the muffler so I am unable to reinstall the actuators on the mufflers. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance

Sponsored

ENDEVR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Sorry I know I’m kinda late to the party lol and I’ve only read like 15 pages of this so sorry if it’s been answered buuuuutttt I have an 18 premium GT fastback with Shaker system and NO safe and smart, or mag ride and I still have the plug underneath my car for the active exhaust.

RParmar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Raj
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Need help! 2018 Mustang, I ran wiring from the front footwells using taps, installed the y-connector and cables to the actuators. Did updates with forscan. I now have the different Exhaust options "Quiet, Normal, Sport, Track"
however I'm not able to select any of them?

jmeiers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1/401A/A10
Vehicle Showcase
Need help! 2018 Mustang, I ran wiring from the front footwells using taps, installed the y-connector and cables to the actuators. Did updates with forscan. I now have the different Exhaust options "Quiet, Normal, Sport, Track"
however I'm not able to select any of them?
Did you verify you also have the fuse under the hood?

jmeiers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Did you get your tune updated? I know it’s been said that this only affects 2019 and up but you never know. Forscan only adds the menu options.

Sponsored

RParmar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Raj
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I didn't think you had to update the tune for 2018, I'm gettin a tune soon so will get them to add the AE and see if that works

5.0_shadow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Hey all any updates or solutions? I do have the 2 necessary fuses and the plug in by the mufflers on the bottom of my car. What steps would I need to take?

5.0_shadow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I wish it was as straightforward as it was for the 18's.

Installation + some Forscan changes. Almost seems a little dicey asking the dealership to do anything other than an oil change. In my experience they don't do well thinking outside the box.
What do I need to do if I have an 18 with the plug and the fuses under the hood?

jmeiers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
What do I need to do if I have an 18 with the plug and the fuses under the hood?
Read the earlier parts of this thread and it has everything you need including parts numbers. If you have the plugs and fuses in place, then it really is just plug and play, especially if you are 2018. The 2019-up require a minor tune update to turn AE on.

xVolaft

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Ecoboost 2017
Can I replace the mustang ecoboost 2017 mufflers only with the mustang gt 2019 active exhaust mufflers, but leave the valve open without wiring?
Will it sound like the 2019 mustang ecoboost active exhaust on track mode?
Sponsored